Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I Learn

WOW, what a great Monday we had! First off, my oldest son (10) Jacob and I went for a little exercise walk around the block. It was about 30 mintues, and 2 miles. I felt good, and I think he was very proud of his efforts.

At 11:45, we walked to the library (only about a 3 minute drive) for the cities "free lunch" program. The kids were SO excited, and had a great time :) We checked out a few books, signed up for the summer reading program, and headed home.

At 2:00, we walked back to the library to see a Magic Show. It was AWESOME! Tom Foolery was the guys name (ha!) and he was a blast! Kids really liked the show.

Then, at 5:15, we headed for Chillicothe, where we saw the Techumseh! Outdoor Drama Performance. WOW! It was amazing. They needed volunteers to come and wash down the seats and be ushers, and they'd give you free admission. So, the kids and I were there at 6pm, washing down the seats. The kids really got into it, and had a good time (well, I could tell that Jacob, 10, was thinking that there was better things he could think of doing - lol!).

My hubby was a bit late in getting there (about 7:00), and joined us as the kids were eating a popcicle in the Food Area after the cleaning was done. He'd been a few weeks previous, and helped out then also. The show started at 8:00, and was FABULOUS!!! We really enjoyed it.

The set was magnificent - they even had a large pond that they used. Horses, guns, cannons, canoes, fire - I was blown away! I'd recommend a trip to anyone coming this direction :) It would be well worth your time :)


We didn't even get home until about 11 pm (yeah, the kids said that they LOVED the show, but asked if next time we could have it start a little earlier, cause they were tired - lol!) So, it's midnight (or past!) as I'm finishing up this post. You all should be lucky that I LIKE YOU so much. I'm gonna be sleepy tomorrow :)

This WordArt request is from Kait. What a great quote it is. LOVE Ben Franklin - we were watching the musical 1776 the other day with the kids (have you seen it?), and we've been singing "Sit Down John, Somebody Open Up A Window" ever since! So funny :) The kids really liked it, and we had a great time watching it :)

Anyway, got a little off track there - lol! Click on the image below to go to my 4shared account and download the png file, and leave some love if you like my work :) Thanks girls!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a fun-filled, wonderful day with the kids - the best kind there is!
I recently went to our local library where they had an emsemble play of Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella. It was early enough that I could take photos and photos I took (300)! It was my kids first live play which they enjoyed immensely.

Thank you so much for leading an example and for your generosity.

abhall76 said...

Another great word art!

I remember going to see Techumseh there a few times as a child, once with girl scouts and we got to be on the "stage" beforehand with a tour. That was really cool. I wish we lived closer now so we could take our boys. Maybe on one of the visits to Grandpa's! (and thanks for giving me an idea for our visit later this summer!)

AnneMarie said...

perfect!
I am homeschooling my kids and 3 others for the summer and we are having such a blast! today we went to the zoo and this fits with our lesson!! thanks so much!!

Melanie said...

Great wordart!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a very busy day!

Today's quote is such a wonderful quote. Thanks so much for your daily works! I may not always need the quote, but I love coming to read your blog.

Maria said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 25 Jun [LA 02:57am, NY 04:57am, UK 09:57am, OZ 07:57pm]).

Stacy said...

I love that quote. Thanks so much!

verabear said...

What a day! I guess when you have a great time it's not too tiring to tell friends about it at the end of the day :)

Thanks for the WA, message is so true.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the word art.