Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Garden of Flowers

I thought I'd post a few b-day pics of my son, Joe. He's such a cutie, and had such a GREAT time on his B-day. He wanted an GIJoe cake (go figure, with dad joining the Army - ha!), so this is what we came up with - isn't it AWESOME!!! We used 4 cake mixes, and 4 tubs of frosting. It was a HUGE cake. It was a LARGE rectangle cake, with 6 MEGA cupcakes on top (cut in half, and arranged as mounds). Then, we covered it with all sorts of bushes - SO COOL! And, finished off with Army Men :)


Here's Joe, posing with his cake.


A close up of the cake


Kids on the couch, right before opening presents


We didn't have candles, so we used wooden matches. Note to self - don't use wooden matches for candles - LOL! One of the matches was right under a leaf, and started to burn a hole through it, and melted off the army dude's arm - ha! Check out the smoke starting in the photo.


Here's Joe as he realizes that the army man's arm has melted off. What a look of glee! Lots of smoke too - hehehe. What great b-day memories :)

So, on to WordArt. Andrea from Boyerville Scraps and I have more WordArt for you! It's from a new freebie Mini Kit on her blog. I made 2 WordArts, one you can get from here, and one you can buy in her kit :)

Click HERE to go to Andrea's blog and buy her kit (which includes my WordArt)

And click on the WordArt below to get the Garden of Flowers WordArt free from me. Thanks, girls!

6 comments:

Trina said...

That cake is so awesome! I bet any little boy would have liked it - do you go that all-out for all your kids' birthdays?

Thanks for the wordart!
-Trina

Elaine said...

Thank you for thwe word art. Looks like Joe had a great birthday & cake!!

Brooke - in Oregon said...

ha ha ha, I LOVE the look of Glee on Joe's face when he sees the plastic guy burning! Such a boy thing! lol Cracked me up.

Love the word art, thanks! So of course you know my next question, what font did you use for Garden of Flowers???? :)

Mari said...

Happy Bday Joe! Your mom Rocks!
Beth you've given me a great idea for my sons bday who also wants an army party. Thanks for explaining how you made it. Check out my blog if you get a chance, I've got a few of my cakes on there. www.welcometomarisplace.blogspot.com
Love your work as usual.
Maria

Maria said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 14 Aug [LA 12:00am, NY 02:00am, UK 07:00am, OZ 05:00pm] ).

Charmaine Jensen said...

Just dropping in to leave you a brief message of 'APPRECIATION'. I so love your blog of wordart...

I have had your blog bookmarked for a couple of years now, not very good with words myself, so therefore cannot create wordart.

Just getting back into PSP after taking a years sabatical from recovering from breast cancer treatments..

So thank you for all of the awesome wordart ... and also love reading your stories of your family on your blog too.. often makes my day!

~ Charmaine from Ontario, Canada