Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Monday, February 16, 2009

Mud Puddle

I had a nice Sunday yesterday, how about you? Church was good, my lesson went GREAT, kids were mostly well behaved. I was on day 3 of my diet (no cheats in 3 days - woohoo!) and was down a few lbs. That always puts one in a good mood - LOL!

After church, we just sat around as a family and watched movies. It was GREAT! We watched Lord of the Rings, Return of the King first. I didn't realize that Jimmy (3) and Joe (5) didn't really now the story. I guess we watched it a lot when they were babies. Shame on us - hehehe. Those kids need education on Tolkien - LOL!



So, when I went to put the little kids to bed at 8pm (they got to stay up an hour later because of no school on Monday), I found a HUGE mess in their rooms. Sigh. They'd found the styrofoam from my new printers box, and crushed it all over the bedroom. Then, they took all the little storage boxes from their new shelves, and dumped them all over the room. And a giant box of misc. toys as well. And, for good measure, they took all of their pants from their box (yeah, we don't use dressers, we just use storage boxes - LMBO!) and strewn them all around the room. Nice, eh?
Apparently ABOVE is why they needed all of their pants out. They needed to stuff their clothes to make themselves fat. Nice. I woudln't have thought of that one. I find that chocolate and cheesecake are MUCH more effective and fun :)

SO, we sat down and cleaned it all up. Again. We got a trash bag for all the styrofoam, and I put all the little toy boxes out on the floor, and started each one with a "sample" toy so they knew how to sort them. They actually did a pretty good job of cleaning, with me sitting in there and directing. It only took about 15 minutes to get it spotless again. I have a feeling it's gonna be a nightly routine. Oh well. I guess, at least, they're playing with their toys.

After I put the little ones down, I was headed back to my room, and noticed a mess in the bathroom. Someone.....er.....Joe and Jim.... had gotten into a bottle of Shampoo/Conditioner, and emptied the bottle ALL OVER THE BATHROOM. Luckily, we have tile in there. Still, do you know how much mess that makes? I think, once they squirted it out, they rubbed it in with a towel, or something. And, being the desert, it's really dry here, so of course, it dried. I didn't know what it was a first.

I tried mopping, but the mop instantly got all soapy. I tried wash rags, but that was the same problem. I finally gave up, and decided it was a job for another day :) Not a Sunday project - LOL! That's what I told myself, anyway :) I guess there's no more family movie time on Sunday. Too much "unsupervised" time for the 3 and 5 year old. I'll be so happy when they're 7 and 9. But then, I'll have a 15 year old, and I'm SURE they come with their own set of problems. But girls, are they this messy? Please tell me no :)

OK girls! I have a TREAT for you today :) Well, I think it's a treat - LMBO! Nothing like tooting my own horn :) The other day, I went back and looked at some of my first WordArts, and I must say, I cringed. Really? I made those! Sigh. Well, at least I'm getting better - hehehe. So, here's my first ever WordArt that I offered, way back in February of 2008. I LOVED the quote, and was quite proud of it at the time.

Not bad, for my first one. So, I wanted to see what difference a year would make with my WordArt-ing skills (ha! I'm making up all sorts of new words - LOL!) So, what do you think? Like it better? I sure do :)

And, if you like this one, you're gonna LOVE my new products for Friday. 5 WordArt packs (or more, if I get some designing in this week, which I should), all with this grungy type feel. I just LOVE trying new things :)

So, click on the image ABOVE to go to my box.net account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!

Click HERE to go to my mediafire account to download the PNG file.


FONTS:
Mud, Puddles - AL Scratched
Splatters - WC Rhesus B Bta (OT1)
All rest - AFT Font nonmetric BT

24 comments:

AnneMarie said...

this is wonderful!!! thanks so much for sharing your talents! I have just the photos!```

Brooke - in Oregon said...

I love the grungy type! My kids used to stuff their clothes like that to look all fat. Funny things kids do!

xashee's corner said...

OH it sounds like you had quite the mess to clean up! kids will be kids, huh?! :)
Thank you so very much for sharing your AWESOME wordart! practice makes perfect and you are there!! :)
Have a BEAUTIFUL day!

Dj said...

I didn't know this was your first wordart. I have it and used it in a layout even! I loved it then, I love it now. TYVM!!

Mud-licious

And if you look through the rest of the gallery, you'll see quite a bit of your wordart in use.

Linda White said...

Thanks. I had 3 boys and they continued to be messy until they got married. Now they all are almost neat freaks - and complain about how messy their kids are.

Janine said...

Adorable saying and so appropriate for little guys. Thank you so much.

Bobbi-Lynn said...

Oh I can see using this word art with the spring coming! Thank you!
And sorry, I had to LOL at your messy stories. SO been there!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, and i start complaining having some toothpaste spots on the mirror?! Freaking out?!
Geeee, I suppose next time I will just remind me of you!!!!
I am so jealous about your calm (or not so calm LOL?) reaction... I guess I have good kids?!
however, I am heading off to Florida for a few days ... overseas, urgh, 11 hours on my butt, that hurts:-D

take care, and be who you are i love you for it

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Alpha(s),Font(s), Word Art(s) post on Feb. 16, 2009. Thanks again.

Terebene said...

I like this look - thank you. The one comment I have is ee cummings spelled his own name without capital letters. Is there ANY chance you could do it that way, too? It is minor but really bugs me....Thanks for all you do!

Melinda said...

I love the new one a lot! Thank you! I look forward to your messages in my email box every day! :) I can't believe I forgot to post on your blog the other day when you were having a little posting incentive, lol!

Anonymous said...

You've come a long way, baby! And it's my teenage daughter that makes the biggest mess in their bathroom - her hair junk and makeup and everything COVERS the counter, the shelves, the bathtub, the floor, you name it . . . her poor brothers!

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 16 Feb [LA 07:00pm, NY 10:00pm] - 17 Feb [UK 03:00am, OZ 02:00pm] ).

Simply Sarah said...

Thanks Bethany for the cute saying today. I love how your style has changed over the course of time... we all become better at what we do... more practice makes perfect, right!

I LOVE that pic of you, your DH and little one... very nice. How funny about the kids stuffing their clothes. Mine dont' do that yet, but my son did ALMOST set our house on fire yesterday morning. We have one of those electric heaters built into the bathroom wall and he decided to see what happens when you put toilet paper into it... it burst into flames and freaked him out so he threw WATER onto it... My goodness, we could of all died. Crazy. And where was I... on the chair in the living room asleep (it was 7am). I had worked until almost 1am (my one night a week at disney store) and went to bed at 3... so 3 hours of sleep and the kids decide to wake up before the SUN comes out... Oh my.. I was awake for the rest of the day.... and night.

You are such a wonder!

benziengirl said...

Wow! You are improving. I had that first one, and used it, and loved it! Thanks for this one as well. My son is turning 16 tomorrow and he is an angel. None of that typical horrible teenager stuff you hear! My 3 year old and 12 year old, don't get me going! I have had to clean up so many bottles of shampoo! This too shall pass!

Rose said...

I definitely like the new one better! :)

Beth said...

LOVE the wordart! It's just what I needed for a layout. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Your techniques have developed and changed, but your wonderful imagination and creativity were there right from the beginning! Thank you for sharing your great ideas!

Anonymous said...

thanks so much - I love this one!

Phyldar said...

This word art really showcases your fantastic creativity - I hope we see much more in the future - thanks!

Danie said...

What a wonderful quote - and just so perfect for my latest photos of Hannah jumping in every mud hole and puddle she could find. I already posted one layout with a photo of her on my blog and I will definitely do another one, using your awesome wordart! Thanks so much for sharing! Danie

Danie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
* Lee said...

Your word art skills have definitely progressed! :D The first one is Great, but the new one is Fantastic!

Emily said...

Thank you. I love your word art so much. I have the perfect pictures to put this wordart with. Thank you for sharing!!!