Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Monday, August 4, 2008

Raising My Child

It was so nice to be back in my home town, and go to my home ward (church congregation). There were some familiar faces, and a lot of new ones too. It's been 14 years since I lived here, so there's been a lot of changes. Back in Ohio, my hubby was in the Bishopric (like an assistant to the minister), so I had to corral all 5 kids by myself. BUT, in my parents ward, there were 4 adults (me, my mom and dad, and my grandma) to my 5 kids. What a great ratio! Much easier on me - LOL!

This WordArt request if from Amberlee. I never did like the "it takes a village to raise a child" theory, so when she sent me this quote, I just LOVED it :) hehehehe. I SO don't want the "village" raising my kids. I think I can do a splendid job on my own - LOL!

NOTE: When I upload my images to blogger, they are PNG files (the files with no backgrounds). So, theoretically, if you right click on the WordArt, and save it to your computer, you will get the PNG file, not the JPG. Then, there will be no need to go to 4shared to download the file (4shared has been a bit screwy as of late - the past few days, it hasn't been linking things so good). So, give it a try, and see if it works for ya!

Click on the image below to go to my 4shared account to download the png file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!



FONTS:
Child - Rambler Script JF

19 comments:

Debbie said...

I love the word art but perhaps you forgot to link it up as it is not connecting to 4shared, Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Granny is correct - I can't DL either! The link is broken - sob!

Admirer

Mrs. E said...

I like this quote! It made me smile. I never liked the "it takes a village" theory either.

Anonymous said...

How about, "I've seen the village and I don't want it EDUCATING my child, so I homeschool!"

This grandmother's 2 thumbs are way up to homeschoolers AND those who don't let the village raise their children!

Admirer

Unknown said...

Thanks Bethany! I LOVE this quote! :) Thanks to the Grandma who commented. I agree and we love homeschooling--what a peaceful way to live!

MemoryKeeper said...

I do save that all the time. I love your quote. If you save without going to 4shared, the word art is slightly smaller in size.

Thanks for everything!

Twisted Scrapper said...

Thank you :) This freebie was just listed at Twisted Challenges Freebie Listing

Anonymous said...

I love this quote. It is part of the reason I have been a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom.

Ruth P

Jeanie said...

Bethany - I LOVE this quote! I don't know how you always find such great ones! I agree about not liking the "it takes a village" theory, but as a brand new homeschooling mom (just started TODAY!), I'm looking forward to accompanying my daughter into the "village" on fun and educational field trips. But, I SURE don't want the village raising her! :)

Terebene said...

Funny! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

That quote always made me cringe when Hiliary said it all the time. That's the trouble with our world today;too many people let the village do the rasing! It takes a loving family to raise a child!
Love that quote-may I put it on my blog?
thena.typepad.com

Tigger said...

I love this one!! Amberlee told me this quote a while ago and I thought it would be a perfect word art and we knew only one person who could do it justice! I'll be sure to grab this later when I have some download time. Thank you!!

Anonymous said...

Don't you understand the "It takes a village" quote means your family, friends, church, etc? You write about your mom, dad & grandma helping with your kids. This IS your village! "It takes a village to raise a child" is a beautiful quote. By the way, it can ALSO mean the wonderful EDUCATED teachers in our public school system!

elizlom said...

This cracked me up. I live in a large metro area and hate to think of my "village" raising anything. thanks for sharing this!

C & E Curley said...

I think what has been forgoten is, we don't live in village's any more. We live in Metropolis I dont want a City rasing my child ethier.
However back to what anonymus said "Don't you understand the " quote means your family, friends, church, etc? This IS your village! "It takes a village to raise a child" is a beautiful quote.
There is always one bad egg in the basket. Please give are Pulic Teachers some credit they work extrimly hard for nothing. & dont for get the good people at the YMCA and Boys & Girls Clubs. When was the last time u included these in your group (village)? Just a thought.
YOUR WORRD ART IS BEAUTIFUL. if u decide to do a difrent one let me know. I will have to pass on this one. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I love this. Being military, we rarely see family, perhaps once a year for a few days to a week.

It is up to us to raise our children. Ideally we will be reinforced by others, but quite often, what they teach goes against our beliefs (with the exception of church).

Angie Pedersen said...

LOL this is awesome!

Anonymous said...

That is HILARIOUS! Thank you so much!

scrap & craft said...

love it! I enjoy the raising!