Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Blessed

Hehehe, miracle of miracle has occurred. I showered 2 days in a row, AND fixed myself. I KNOW! What is the world coming to - ha! See, I clean up nice - LOL!




This is right before the BBQ at Laurie's house on Friday night. Here's my self portrait.

And a pic of Captain America :)

OK, so I was only at Katy's house on Friday night till 2am. Not too bad - hehehe. We alphabitized her DVD collection (did I tell you that I like to alphabetize things???), played on the computer, and just chatted for a while. Nice evening.

Anyway, I slept in till 9am on Saturday morning. I guess it was because the kids were up late, and finally, they were sleeping in. Whatever the reason, it sure felt good. I was a little sleepy when I got up, but not too bad.

We went to the pool at 11am, and Adela and her family met us there. The original plan was for Captain America to meet with his classmate at 11:30am (for a little study thing), and meet us at the pool at noon. But, the scouts called shortly after I left, saying that they were back in town, so Captain America had to push back his study time, to go and get Jacob. I think Jake had a FABULOUS week at camp. But then, it's hard to tell from an 11 yr old boy - hehehe.

He ended up getting home from the study thingy at the same time as we were getting home from the pool. We hung out at home for the rest of the afternoon, and we left for Captain America's school BBQ at 5ish. It was for his Army class, at his instructors house. BEAUTIFUL house, by the way.

Here's a pic of many of the students in Captain Americas class. He's in the back, on the right. See his shiny white head? LOL!


Captain Coleman had the COOLEST pool in her backyard. Unfortunately, the kids didn't bring swiming suits. Fortunately, they're not above stripping down to their undeis and playing in the pool. I know, probably not the best thing, but it was hot, and the pool looked tempting, and they're just little kids. Eme went in in her undershirt and jean cut-offs, Jim and Joe and Jake went in in their undies, and Tom went in in his shorts. Works for me :)

Jake and Tom in a rare moment of brotherly love. They played nicely together at the BBQ.


Check out how big this pool is! And the soldier in the pool is VanDam. He's just a big kid himself. He played with my kids in the pool the whole BBQ.

Cute Emeline :)


OK, this looks like Tom is getting attacked, but Jake and Tom just came back up after being underwater. Tom's not being drowned - LOL!


Joe Joe

VanDam and Eme playing catch - see the ball in the air?

I LOVE this picture of Captain America and I.


And another on of us.

And here's a pic of Jimmy and the only other kid at the party. Well, I guess the Captain had 2 kids, but she's the teacher, not a student. Mostly young, single guys. Anyway, aren't they cute!


It was a good BBQ! Lots of food, and somewhat fun people to chat with. I started off real good with my food, but ended up eating some dessert. I know! Not good. BUT, I'm forgetting that it ever happened, and gonna go about my diet like normal. I had a few chips with some nacho cheese, 4 chocolate cookies, and a slice of cheesecake. Dang! Not good. OK, here's me, not remembering that I ate food off of my diet. Cheesecake??? What cheesecake???

I had started cinnamon rolls before the BBQ, but didn't get a chance to finish them in time for the party. SO, when we got home, after putting the kids to bed, I made cinnamon rolls. The dough was all ready, I just rolled it out, added the butter/cinnamon/sugar, cut them, put them in the pan, and let them rise. They smelled/looked really good.

Captain America and I played Rummy for a while, while the rolls were baking. He won both hands. I think my brain had shut off. hehehe. We'll go with that theory. The cinnamon rolls looked pretty good when they came out of the oven. I'd ran out of white flour, so only 4 of the 8 cups of flour were white. It had a lot of wheat in it. But Captain America said that they still tasted pretty good. Cinnamon rolls for my kids for breakfast on Sunday! Yummy!!

This WordArt request is from Amy, who wanted something to use on her baby's pictures for when they were blessed. I found this scripture, and thought it would be perfect :) Hope you all can use it on your layouts!

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for this great Wordart.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Page 7 post on Jul. 12, 2009. Thanks again.

Sue Denning said...

We are all "blessed" because of you and your generous word art freebies. I use many in my scrapbooking. I would be so grateful if you could create a title "If I had only known". My father passed away 3 months ago and I am now able to scrap those last days before his passing. His favourite song was "If I Had Only Know" by Reba McEntire so I would be forever grateful if I could use one of your word arts for his page. I will post it on my blog and refer my readers to your wonderful site.
Many heartfelt thanks.
Sue Denning
http://suesscrapnstamps.blogspot.com
email: suedenningatbigponddotcom

Josie said...

Thanks for the freebie! Love that it's scripture as that is an integral part of our lives. What a great thing to also integrate into our scrapbooks!

Jaycie said...

As always, I LOVE LOVE LOVE your wordart! This is one of my favorite sections of the BofM, -- beautiful presentation of it! Your new header is really stunning, too!

Simone said...

I love your talented work, and your wonderful Blog, thanks so much for sharing