Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Live Each Day

First off, I have to say "Happy Birthday" to my youngest son, JIMMY!!! He's 3 today, and such a darling little boy!!! I love you, Jimmy!!!



It was another long day yesterday :) Got the kids off to school (no headache, thank goodness!), spent the morning designing my 3 new WordArt packs, lunch with my mom and her friend, Luell, at Taco Bell, playing with Jimmy, kids off the bus at 3:45 pm, homework, football practice, Boy Scouts, more homework, bedtime, and meltdowns. Meltdowns, you ask? My poor big boys had rough days.

My 8 year old was in tears doing homework last night, at the table doing homework. He was supposed to think of times in the past that were fun. Well, he burst into tears and said that all of the fun times were with his Dad, and that he didn't realize how much he was going to miss him when he went away. Poor Tom. I just let him talk about it, and get his tears out.

Then, Jacob was really upset about his lack of free time. He came home, did homework, went to practice, went to scouts, did more homework, then was off to bed. He got sad, then angry, then sad again when he realized that it was past bedtime. He had a TON more free time last year in homeschool, and that's not the case this year with public school. More tears, more listening. He misses his Dad, too.

'm getting much better at just listening, and being empathetic with my kids. They don't need me to offer suggestions, or tell them not to feel that way, or judge them in any way. They just need to talk about what's bugging them, and to know that it's OK to feel that way, and that it's OK to cry and be sad. Usually, after the cry, they feel much better. Hopefully they both feel better tomorrow. Poor kids!

OK, on to something more fun and uplifting!!! It's time for new WordArts!!! There a little different than my normal WordArts, but aren't they FUN!!! The spirals are so cool, and the clusters - those were a lot of fun to make. I hope you guys like them! I'm excited to see your layouts with my "Season Cluster WordArt". I have one in mind for the "fall" WordArt, with my oldest and his football uniform. I can see it now!



Allright, girls! Remember, on Tuesday, when I said that I had MORE fun WordArts for you from Teri Hanson and Jean Daugherty of Digizinesdzines.com! This kit, Grandma's Quilt, was made by Jean, and is WONDERFUL!! I made 2 WordArts, one for Jean, and one for me. I think Jean is going to make a QP for you guy, which you can find on their blog, HERE.


Here's the one I made for you guys! I just LOVED it! Those red flowers are wonderful :) Hope you guys enjoy! Click HERE to get the PNG file :) And, as always, leave some love if you like my work.



FONT:
CK_Alis_Hand_Official

21 comments:

Creative Endeavors Creations said...

Happy Birthday Jimmy! Bethany what precious photos of your son Jimmy...You are truly blessed..Have a great day and know you and your family are always in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless.

Crystal Howser said...

Happy Birthday to Jimmy! He is a cutie! Beautiful new wordart packs as always and I just love the new ones for us as well. Thank you for all that you do! You have very good words of wisdom and I love reading about you and your family. I have realized the same things about children, they just want to be heard and be able to cry and let it all out, they don't want advice, LOL. You are such a good Mom and I know it can't be easy especially with your husband gone and you are missing him also. Keep smiling and thanks again for all the great wordart!

Janine said...

Thank you so much for the beautiful word art. What a sweet family you have. They are so lucky to have such a strong, supportive mom and loving dad. Hang in there - you'll get through.

April said...

Happy birthday to your precious little guy!!!!

and {{HUGS}} you your boys and yourself, you are such a great mom and those boys are so lucky to have you.

Your new WordArt ROCKS!!!!!! I'm off to get them!

neety said...

This word art is AWESOME! Thanks Bethany for your generosity. I'm off now to check out the store. Hugs :)

Anonymous said...

Wow this word art is exceptional! Thank you so much, your creativity keeps growing. You sure have your hands full as a "single mom" these days. I know you are grateful to be with your extended family. It's hard for boys when their dad is away, my DH had to travel a lot when my sons were small. I would be losing patience with them and they would get upset and say "I wish daddy was here!" Well, ME TOO! LOL Stay strong!

Patti said...

Hang in there, it's got to be difficult without your hubby. You've learned something important while your kids are still young enough to benefit.
Just L I S T E N!!

lauriewe said...

thank you so much- I love your wordart!

Laraine said...

Aw Bethany. Hang in there girl. It's gotta be hard not to start crying along with them.

patchas said...

Gorgeous, as is all your Wordart. Elegant indeed!

Dr. Miller said...

You're a very smart mom! It took me a LONG time to realize my girls just needed me to listen, not to offer advice. I find the same thing works well in school - with both teachers and kids. They don't need me to give them answers - they just need me to listen, reflect back, and sometimes cry with them. God bless you!

Anonymous said...

this is beautiful - love the flowers, they look like punchart!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful - thanks for sharing.

Angela said...

Three...what a great age!! Happy birthday to the little guy!

Hope you can all hang in there a bit longer with your DH gone.

I love your latest wordart. I think I am going to print it, frame it, and hang it on a wall in my home. Thanks a bunch! You are so talented.

Maria said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 12 Sep [LA 12:00am, NY 02:00am, UK 07:00am, OZ 05:00pm] ).

Anonymous said...

Love your word art! Happy birthday to your little one, he's adorable. Hope the other kids soon feel comfortable with the new school routine. Thank you for all the wonderful word art!

Anonymous said...

Sending you "Hellos" from Coos Bay, OR. Happy Birthday to your son! Yesterday was my nephew's birthday too. I absolutely love your wordart!

java diva said...

OMW, I just had to tell you Jimmy is ADORABLE!! I LOVE those photos, especially the 2nd one! Those eyes! Maybe someday (like 17 years from now) Jimmy's and my lil' Fiona's paths will cross... ;)

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for this great WA!!!!

Marianne said...

Thanks for the beautiful word are. Very generous freebie.

Rebecca said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. I found a link to your blog somewhere, and I'm so glad I was blog-hopping that night! Your site is awesome. And funny.