Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Thursday, April 3, 2008

How to Live Series : Part 2 of 6

Here's part 2 of the new series. Are you guys enjoying these? Hopefully you all will be able to use it :) I liked this one, because how true it is! We should all take care of ourselves and our friends. :) Doesn't it make you feel good to do something nice for a friend (or anybody!). I sure think so.

So, today I'm heading up to Columbus (1 hr 20 min away) with my daughter for her echo cardiogram. They wanted to make sure that after her struggles with Strep, it didn't hurt her heart. She's on 2x daily antibiotics for a year to make sure that it clears up. For those of you who missed the eariler post, she got Post Strep Reactive Arthritis, and her hands and ankles swelled for about a week, then went away. She's feeling totally fine, and no side effects, which is a huge blessing :)

My husband has to work, but said that he'd take the oldest (10 yr old boy), who possibly can sit still and be good during them meetings. I'm sending him with the gameboy, so he should be set! The charger has been lost since Thanksgiving, and was found today, so it'll be fun for him.

All the others are coming with me. It ought to be an adventure. This time, I'm bringing the stroller. Last time, I had all 5 kids, no stroller, and 3 hours at the Children's hospital. Not my idea of a grand day. This time, I'll only have 4 kids (that is better, right?), the stroller, lots of food, and the portable DVD player with a new movie. Plus, I have suckers. And gum. I sure hope they do ok.

Our first appointment is at 11:15 with the echo cardiogram people, then the follow up appointment with the rhumetology (yeah, I know I'm butchering this word :) department at 2:30. Yeah, it's a big gap in time, but at least it's on the same day. I only have to drive to Columbus once. So, make sure you think good thoughts for me today!!!

So, now that you know what I'm doing today, go ahead and click on the image below to download, and leave some love if you like my work! Thanks you guys :)


From Studio Flergs @ scrapbookgraphics.com:
Flergs and Monica (MGL)'s What Dreams May Come kit and Flergs' Dreams Borders
Word Art by elegant Word Art, "friends" filled with Carol Abram's sugar styles
Font: Pea Amy*Rica Script

Thanks so much to Lynn for sending in this fabulous layout! isn't it gorgeous! didn't she do a WONDERFUL job!!! love it!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your wordarts! I love them!!!

Kath said...

I love your work, but just wanted to add that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your daughter today - hope the testing is all good!
Kath

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for you and your daughter today.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all your wonderful WA, and I hope everything checks out ok (and the kids behave!) during your hospital trip.
I don't know if you're taking requests, but I took a photo last week that is just begging to be on a layout alongside the quote "A man never stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child." If you've by some chance already done this one, could you please steer me towards it? Thanks!
sorzy (at) wideopenwest (dot) com

Anonymous said...

Thanks very lovely

Jul

Amanda said...

I hope all goes well today at the doctor's office. You are a trooper to take your kids with you! I give you props! Thanks soooo much for sharing your wordart. It is fabulous!

verabear said...

I sure hope the trip to the hospital went well and all 4 kids were cooperative. And I hope the doctors gave a thumbs up for your dear daughter :)

thanks for the wordart! :)

Dana said...

what a great saying

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your word art!