Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Savior's Resurrection

Can I just say that I'm in LOVE with my new house??? hehehe. Click HERE to go to my personal blog to check out a few pics of it :) It's SO pretty!

So the cable guy came yesterday morning to hook up my internet. No more "sharning/borrowing" from the neighbors - LOL! He came at 9am, and was done by 9:30. Speedy! After that, we just kinda hung out, and took it easy. I unpaced a few boxes, and was online for a little while.

At 11:45, we decided to go to the Ft. Bliss Egg hunt. It started at noon, and was at Biggs park. I didn't know where that was, so I called the phone number for it. The girl didn't seem to know how to give me directions to get there. No wonder I got lost - LOL! Finally, at 12:30, we ended up at Biggs Park. Jim had missed the 1-3 year old egg hunt, but we decided to just let him jump in with the older kids.

As we were getting out of the truck, I went to shut the door, and cracked Jimmy across the head with the door. Nice. Take out my own kid. I kissed his head real quick, and we headed off to the egg hunt. Only later did I notice the big bump and indent on his poor noggin. Nice. Way to go, Mom. Not only did I leave a mark that showed, but I left it on his HEAD. The key is to leave the marks where no one can see them - hehehe (TOTALLY kidding, don't call CSD on me :)

They had a TON of activities for the kids, but just REALLY long lines. WAY too many people - hehehe. Tom, Eme, and Joe colored pictures for a coloring contest, and we waited in line for a snow cone. That took the first 1/2 hour. Then, we went to the 4-7 Egg hunt. All the kids were lined up around the perimeter, and like 5 minutes before it was supposed to start, someone started. Well, it was like trying to hold back the tide. EVERYONE went, and the hunt was on. Seriously, like 30 seconds, and it was over. Jimmy cried the WHOLE time. WAY too much mass confusion for him to join in. Eme and Joe both gave him one of their eggs. hehehe.

We went back to the activities, and played with the chalk, and stood in line for face painting. Seriously, like 40 minutes in line. Yeah, that was fun. 5 kids (3 of which didn't want their faces painted), standing right next to countless other parents in the same boat. Well, minus a few kids. I was the only mom with 5 kids there that I noticed. hehehe. Not too many others out there like me - hehehe. That might be a good thing - LMBO!!

By the time we got to the front of the line, Jacob had changed his mind, and DID want his face painted. He got tiger face paint, Eme got cat wiskers, and Tom got a scratch down his forehead/eye,/cheek. Too funny.

By then, it was only 15 minutes until the 8 and over egg hunt, so we headed back out to the field. Well, 10 minutes before egg hunt time, the crowd surged again, and the egg hunt was on. Jake and Tom both got about 7 eggs, and they were happy.

We went to Burger King for lunch, since we still don't have much food in the house. I really don't know what we're gonna do today (Sunday). We have 3/4 of a loaf of bread, 3 ramen noodles, a dozen eggs, 4 apples, peanut butter, some flour/sugar/pancake mix, frozen ground turkey, and microwave popcorn (but no microwave). We don't shop on Sunday, so we ought to have a WONDERFUL Easter dinner - hehehe. Ground turkey and popcorn, anyone???

Anyway, tangent :) Burger King had a deal going where if you buy a regular meal, you can get Kids Meals for 99 cents. That was a GREAT deal :) I got a Whopper meal (my absolute favorite burger!!) and the kids all got Kids meals. With Sponge Bob toys. Oh joy. He's not my favorite cartoon. I'm not big into the "smart mouth" cartoons, as I like to call them. BUT, my kids thought they were great. hehehe.

We came home, and spent the rest of the day there. Seemed like we had 1/2 the neighborhood in our house all afternoon. But it was good. The neighbors we share a driveway with, their kids were over playing. Their 4th grade boy took Joe (5) over to the neighbors we share a backyard fence with's back yard to play. He had a BLAST.

Eme and the little girl from next door hit it off, and spent the day in Eme's room. Some other kid from across the street played a lot too. I always wanted to have "the fun house". You know, the one that all the kids wanted to come over and play at. Because the mom and dad were nice, and fun, and seemed to want to have you there.

I watched the new Doctor Who Easter Special today! Fabulous, as alwasys!!! The chicky on there this time was the same girl who starred in the new NBC show (was it NBC???) "Bionic Woman". I looked it up on IMDB later, and found it was her. I knew I recognized her from somewhere. Didn't realize she was British :)

By 7:30, I was ready to put kids to bed, and kicked everyone (nicely) out - hehehe. Jake and I read Twilight (digital copies) for a while, and I chatted withCaptain America and my Mom. I posted pics to my blog (woohoo!!!), and read a bit more. All in all, it was a great day :)

I thought long and hard about the WordArt that I wanted to share today. I wanted to do something Easter themed, but I didn't want to do something Easter Bunny themed. Know what I mean? Not that the Easter Bunny is bad. I LOVE the Easter bunny. In fact, in our house, we do the Easter bunny on Saturday morning, and get all of the fun out of the way early. I want to be able to teach my kids the real reason for Easter on the Sabbath.

So, I hope that you find this Easter message as uplifting and encouraging as I did :) Click on the links below to go to my accounts to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. And, HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!


10 comments:

Joelle said...

Wow!! Love the new house. It looks huge!

Randi said...

Gorgeous house! So big! Glad you guys had so much fun yesterday. :-) Have a happy easter!

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 12 Apr [LA 07:40pm, NY 09:40pm] - 13 Apr [UK 02:40am, OZ 12:40pm] ).

Rose said...

Hey, I'm just wondering, should it read "Jesus is in EVERY deed" ? rather than "...in VERY deed"?

SugarKitties said...

Is LDS that same as Mormon? I am asking coz I'm really not sure.
So not shopping on Sunday is that a religious thing? I think it is. I adopted out a cat to a young LDS couple and it was on a Sunday so I said "Hey you get 10% off of everything in the pet store if you show them your adoption receipt." And they said they couldn't shop.
So isn't purchasing a cat or purchasing food from Burger King the same as shopping? Or is there such a thing as "just bending the rules a little.?"

Lois B said...

Love your new home! I hope you will not have to move for a long time! SO nice that you have a good neighborhood with lots of kids for your kids to play with. I know you are going to be very happy there.

THanks for the wonderful WA. What is the font for Resurrection? I know I have seen it often, but can't for the life of me figure out which font it is.

Blessings of Easter to you and Brent and the kids :)

Briawna said...

Thanks for the beautiful word art. I love this quote by President Monson. It's simple, universal, and so true. But I love nearly every quote by the Brethren. Did you see Elder Holland's easter message? It's at lds.org front and center. It's another universal message. I can't wait to use this. Thanks.

SharDon Exclusives said...

Thank you so much for this lovely scripture!

a said...

SugarKitties - Yeah, LDS and Mormon are the same thing. Mormon is a nickname, but it's not used much by Members of the Church. We prefer LDS. It stands for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

And yeah, not shopping on Sunday is one of the ways that we try to keep the Sabbath day holy. I don't know about adopting cats :) hehehe. We have no pets. As always, it's a personal choice as to what individual members do. I would say that adopting a cat, no money exchanged, would be an acceptable thing to do on Sunday. But going to the pound and buying one, well, that sounds a bit like going to the store. Again, that's just my perspective. Hope that cleared it up :)

Dr. Peddycoart said...

I am thankful I found your site. Your artwork is gorgeous. This quote is perfect for my family Easter picture taken at the alter of our church with all the flowers. I appreciate all your hard work. Thank you.