Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Great Book

First off, I just had to say "HAPPY ONE YEAR Army Anniversary, Honey"!!! It was one year ago today that I sent my man off to boot camp. I still remember it like it was yesterday. Sad to be losing him for 6 long months, excited/apprehensive about moving across country with 5 little kdis and a homemade trailer in tow. Look where we are today! Living on an army post, as a family again, in a BEAUTIFUL house, with lots of friends around. I'm loving life (knock on wood!), and really happy for this drastic change in the diretion on our life. Thanks, sweetheart! You did good for your family! Real good :)

So, how was your Monday? Glad for a new week, or ready for it to be over already - hehehe. I was up at about 8am with the kids, and spent much of the morning catching up online. I facebooked a litte, Farmtowned a little, and even chatted with a friend who I hadn't chatted with for YEARS on facebook. Gotta love it - I say it's the lazy mans way of being a friend - LOL!

Anyway, she recommened this book to me, The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins. I started reading it, and almost couldn't put it down! I managed to leave it alone long enough to get ready, and head to the pool with the kids. Laurie and her kids were there, and we hung out till about 1pm. The baby pool was shut down for cleaning, so it wasn't an easy pool day. The little kids had to swim in the big pool, which meant that the mommies had to get in the pool - LOL! We're so lazy - Ha! We LOVE the easy baby pool. Oh well. It's good for us - ha!

When I got back home, we'd made plans to go back over to Lauries house and let the kids play. I got everyone changed, cooked them lunch, and managed to fit in a few more chapters. We went to Lauries house, and were there until about 3:30. The kids had a lot of fun playing, and I had a lot of fun grown-up chatting. Adult conversation is SO nice :)

We came back home, the kids did their chores, and went to their various activities, and I read. I stopped for dinner, and read some more, then stopped for Family Home Evening, and back to reading. The book was FABULOUS! Not the typical fluffy book that I so love to read. This one made you think. Not that it was hard to read, or used big words, or anything like that. But the subject matter made you think about how people interract, and systems of government, and right and wrong. Very thought provoking. I though it would be great for a book club. And I'd never head of it before. My friend told me the're thinking of making it into a movie. It'd be a great one! AND, book 2 is coming out in September. I'll be getting that one, for sure!

Well, this WordArt isn't a request, but if I had a picture of me from yesterday, I would TOTALY be lost in my book - hehehe. I could take pics of Jake and Tom that woudl be FABULOUS for this WordArt too - hehehe. I'm sure you all can use the same for you kids (or yourself - hehehe)

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. AND, the typo is all fixed, as of 8:00am MST. No more designing after midnight. My brain just doesn't work right - LOL!


FONTS:
Great - Smiley Monster
Book - Smargana (or something like that )

15 comments:

Margaret Anne Clark said...

Ummmm... I REALLY hate doing this because I am a HUGE fan of your work, but there's a typo in this image. It should read LOSE not loose. Different meanings (altho there are some awful books I'd like to let loose from my memory - WICKED, anyone???)Thanks for all your beautiful work tho - looking forward to downloading amended !!! xx

Kim said...

Love this wordart. Perfect for us as my husband and I are both bookies!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Page 7 post on Jul. 28, 2009. Thanks again.

stacy said...

The Hunger Games is my new favorite book! Our online book club is reading it in August, so check it out if you're interested!
http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/18092.Sweet_er_Reads

Bethany said...

Typo is all fixed ;) Thanks, girls, for letting me know! I really shouldn't design after midnight, cause my brain checks out - LOL!

xashee's corner said...

love all the camping photos! sure looks like a fun time! i loved the waterfall too! thank you for sharing your wordart! have a wonderful day! :)

SAHM said...

Thx for fixing the typo. :-) Also, thanks for the word art - in a family of readers, this is perfect. :-)

Rose said...

Oh I just LOVE reading, this is a great word art!

Margaret Anne Clark said...

Told ya I'd be back !!! Thanks so much - this is a fab quote, and beautifully designed as always ! xx

Mom2mykids said...

My daughter picked up The Hunger Games a few weeks ago and loved it, too. I might have to read it now! We are big readers in our family! Did you know there is a sequel to The Hunger Games coming out in September? Thanks for the word art, too!

Kerri said...

Thanks for another fun read, just been catching up on your life after 2 weeks away from the internet. Today's wordart is just great, so much so, that I already have a layout using it in your gallery at the Orchard, check it out if you like!
Thanks again for all your wordarts and musings
Hugs
Kerri

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 28 Jul [LA 07:00pm, NY 09:00pm] - 29 Jul [UK 02:00am, OZ 12:00pm] ).

Kim said...

Great word art I love reading! Thanks for sharing Bethany!

Pattycakes said...

Thank you!! :)

Rita said...

Thanks. We have lots of bookworms in our family.