Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Boots For Walking



I thought that I'd take a minute and share a few pictures from our campout this past weekend. We had a GREAT time! It was our first Re-enactment of the year, and a very fun time. It was in a suburb of Cincinnati, on the north side, I think. Sharonville? Can't remember. Anyway, they had this really neat park with replica buildings from Civil War era. Perfect setting for a reenactment. If there were a bigger area for a battle, it would have been even better!

The kids had a lot of fun, and got to play in the wood and just be kids. Most kids don't get a chance to do that anymore. I'm so glad that our family does this as a hobby. It's a great family activity, and my kids get to learn TONS (more than they even want to!) about the history of our country. If you ever get the chance, you should go and see a reenactment. They're a great time, and you'll learn a lot!

Yes, the were CLOSELY supervised! That deep river and steep bank was NOT a highlight of my trip. I eventually laid branches out as a "don't cross this line" barrier so they could throw rocks into the river for a minute or two, then we moved on.



Here's my sweetie, getting ready to go off to battle!



Here's Captain America again. He's on the gray horse (Travis). Merele, the guy on the far right, is kind enough to let us use his horse for the reenactments! Otherwise, we'd still be infantry. Cavalry is sure a lot of fun!



While you can't see Captain America, you can see his pistol and the shot coming from it. Only gunpowder is used, but ya sure wouldn't want to be standing near it when it goes off. It's still VERY dangerous, even without live fire (bullets). Gun safety is definitely taught in our household :)




And here's Tom (8 yrs)! Isn't he a cutie! His big brother let him borrow his habersack (that bag at his waist) and kepi (hat), and his dad is letting him pose with the sword. While sabers (swords) were RARELY used in battles, they were often still part of a cavalry mans uniform.

And now, back to WordArt :)

This is a WordArt request from Trina, who has a cute pic of her 3 month old in cowboy boots. Adorable! So, take your pick. Are you boots made for walking, or NOT for walking :) hehehe.

Click on the image below to download, and leave some love if you like my work.




FONTS:

Boots, walking - Bleeding cowboys

Discovering kit - Heidi Williams (W&W)

Staple - Creating Beauty Kit - Gina Huff (W&W)

font - Kristen ITC

WordArt by ME!!!

Trina, who this WordArt request was for, sent me this layout today!!! Isn't she fast! And GOOD! What an adorable layout! Love how the dark colors and the cute pinks from the baby interact! Wonderful!!!

15 comments:

Trina said...

Thank you so much, I can't wait to get the page done now!!

Michelle said...

Oh, I really enjoyed the photos and hearing about your weekend. My gg grandpa fought in the civil war so it has always intrigued me.

Thanks for the word art. It was so kind of you to keep it posting even though you were gone. :D

Flirty said...

Stumbled on your site...nope didn't hurt myself ;) Lovely word art- added a link on my blog.

Enjoyed hearing about your weekend and the photos. I have friends who do the same here in PA.Never did try it myself..but it does seem fun!

Thanks for sharing♥ Flirty

Anonymous said...

Oh Bethany, your family is so fortunate to go and do those reenactments! What memories you are building in your childrens' minds and hearts. I can't say thank you enough for all your hard work you do making these wonderful wordarts for us :)

Karen said...

Thank you so much. I love your wordart.

Fantacy so Sweet-n-Stuff... said...

What neat photos!!! you were all about 20 min from me (if you were in Sharonville) :) I love love love this word art!!! now I have to find some pics to scrap with it! Where do you get your girls' weekend costumes? do you make them yourself?! they are gorgeous! :) thanks so much for your generousity! Have a blessed week!

a said...

Wow! So close :) Yeah, I made the clothes for the kids and myself. I made my hubbys vest and one shirt, but he buys most of his stuff. I've taught myself how to sew, and I'm not the best. It's passable, though :)

verabear said...

Thank you for both :)

ScrapShana said...

What a great experience! I LOVE stuff like that! My kids think I'm weird, but one day they'll look back at all the "dumb" stuff I dragged them to and appreciate it. I hope. LOL

Brooke - in Oregon said...

Oh I have the perfect photo of my grandaughter in her 1st real boots, perfect!!

And a picture of my daughter in some high heel boots that I COULD NOT WALK IN! lol

Thank you

Anonymous said...

I love this word art!! Thank you so much! I can't wait to use it, I have the perfect picture for this!

Anonymous said...

TYSM, love this word art! used it here:
http://www.digishoptalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=345478&cat=500

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful work! best wishes from Costa Rica...

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much!

Kim said...

Hello. This download isn't working. I don't know how long you make them available for download but I thought I'd let you know.

This would work great on a page that I have a photo of my daughter wearing her grandpa's cowboy boots!

Thanks for sharing. I really love your work!