Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Angels

It was an enjoyable day in the Harty household on Saturday. Captain America and I got to sleep in. When Jimmy came in asking to put on a movie, I told him to go right on ahead. Usually they have to wait, but I was feeling sleepy. I don't think I came out of my room until 10 something - hehehe. I just LOVE lazy saturdays, and kids that can fend for themsevles for a few hours.

We got ready, and were at the pool around 11am. It was fun taking Captain America with us. We all played in the big pool for about and hour. Jimmy is getting to be SO brave in the water. We did the big slide a few times, and just enjoyed each others company. We were home by 1pm.

Captain America had another class get-to-gether to go to, and my original plan was to let him go, and the kids and I would go to the movie theater while he was gone. Well, the big kids decided that they didn't want to go to the movies (what kid doesn't wanna go to the movies???), and would rather stay home and play. Whatever. I will just save my $$ then :) Since they all seemed content to do their own thing, Captain America, Jimmy and I decided to make a short appearance at the BBQ, and let Jake stay with the other kids. Without Jimmy ,it's a piece of cake for him.

We were there for only about an hour. There was a lot of eating, and drinking, and pooling. Not really my idea of a fun party. The pooling and the fooding part were fine, but I'm not a drinker. I'm getting more used to being around alcohol (welcome to the army), but I'm still not crazy aobut it. They all seemed like nice people, though. Most of them were single guys, so I didn't really have a lot in common with anyone - ROFL! Imagine how horrified they'd feel if we did have a lot in common. What would it be like for a 20 something year old male soldier to have a lot in common with a 30 something year old stay at home mother of 5 - hehehe. It's a good thing, I guess - ha!

We were home by 5:30, and I made dinner for the kids (BBQ chicken), and spent the majority of the evening reading Twilight Fan Fiction. Pathetic, I know. But it makes me happy. Angie of Ikeagoddess left me a comment the other day, saying she'd read it and LOVED it, so I decided to give it a try. I'm hooked. I'm only 1/2 way done and it's after midnight. After I finiish this, I'm off to read some more. While it doesn't take place in the twilight world, the characters are essentially the same. Just not the whole vampire thing. Rose and Alice and Bella are roommates, and Edward and Jasper and Emmett are best friends. They all meet and fall in love with each other. GREAT story. There some language (unfortunately, being in the army lifestyle has desensitived me quite a bit more than I'd like to admit) and it's a bit senseous in places. I'm only 1/2 way through, so if you start it, and it 's TOTALLY raunchy, don't blame me! The first 1/2 was mild enough. hehehe. There's my disclaimer - LOL! Click HERE for the story.

OK, it's gonna be a quick one today, girls! I thought this quote was WONDERFUL, so I decided to make it up into a WordArt for you all! Hope you like it. Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!


9 comments:

Samantha said...

HAHAHA!

I just started reading Boycotts & Barflies...I'm only up to the third chapter. I can't stop laughing on that second chapter where Emmett asks Bella where the old Playboys are!ROFL Too funny!

Also, nice WA today, thank you!

xashee's corner said...

Thanks soooooooooooo much for sharing your GREAT wordarts (today & yesterday's too!) on a more personal note: did i read that you said you weigh 149? there is NO WAY!!! well, you must be tall then. you really look WONDERFUL, i would have never guessed. anywaysssssssss, have a SUPER day, see ya in the morn! :D

JEROSHA ÄRETUN said...

Thanks so much for this word art. I do believe in angels :D

Have a great day!

Micki said...

Your Word Art is absolutely awesome - I love it and am so glad I found your blog and subscribed. Thank you so much for all the freebies.

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 19 Jul [LA 07:00pm, NY 09:00pm] - 20 Jul [UK 02:00am, OZ 12:00pm] ).

Anonymous said...

Hi Bethany,

I emailed you about this one but I also wanted to leave a comment here.
This one came right on time for me as someone very close to my heart passed away this weekend.
Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us!

Sue said...

Dang got to go and make the tea and I haven't read all your blog yet! Love this wordart

Simone said...

I love your word art and especially this one,Thanks so very much,

Mom24boys said...

I love your word art. Thank you sooo much. This one will go great with our new pictures from Nauvoo Illinois. Keep up the great work!!!