Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Bad Side

After my somewhat late night on Thursday night, I was up and going at 7:45am on Friday. Jake had a vision appointment at 9am, so I had to get up and get moving. We made it there just in time, and the eye doctor said that his contacts fit very nicely. He gave us the prescription, and now we're good to order contacts. Just need to find the $$$.

After the eye doctor, we swung by the Commissary, bought gum (I'd forgotten mine at home) and popcicles, and headed out for the West side mall.

I just HAVE to tell you all about the FABULOUS find I found at Old Navy. My friend, Andrea, was there on Thursday, and told me about the $0.97 rack. Well, when we were there today, I found Jeans for Emeline. Can't pass up that price, either! I ended up getting her 4 pairs that fit her snuggly (we're gonna make most of them into shorts), and the rest a size of 2 bigger. PERFECT for school! Great find, eh?



Then I got flannel jammie pants for Joe and Jim, same price. Jimmy got blue/black plaid, and Joe got green/black plaid. They were SO excited about it.

Eme also got a pair of blue slip on shoes for 97 cents, and Jake got a ball cap for the same price. All in all, I got 9 pairs of Jeans, a ball cap, a pair of shoes, and 2 jammie pants for $13.11. Am I good or what?? hehehe.

It was a good time at Old Navy. And this particular one had a little kids area set up. Toys, and seating, and a movie. Fabulous! The kids played/watched movies the whole time. It sure made shopping more enjoyable when I didn't have to worry about kids :)

We got home the exact same time Captain America came home for lunch. Perfect timing! We all had lunch together, then settled in for a long afternoon of nothing. It was SO nice :) I laid down and tried to get a little nap, but only ended up sleeping for about 30 minutes. I sat down with my budget, and made sure that we still had all the money I thought we had. We did. Good thing, too - LOL! Plus, I found eoungh money to buy contacts/glasses for Tom, Jake and I. Woohoo!!! I was a little worried about it before I actually sat down and looked.

Captain America was home at 4ish, and we got the kids all ready to be home, and left for our date at 4:45pm. We had enough left overs from the last few days that I didn't have to cook for them. Jake was left in charge (he's a GREAT babysitter), and we headed out to Applebees. LOVE it :) We decided to do their 2 for $20 deal. We got Spinach and Artichoke dip for our appitizer - OMGosh was it yummy! (just the green stuff in the middle and the chips - couldn't find a single pic of it - just use your imagination - LOL)



I had the grilled shrimp something salad. Dang, can't remember what it was called. But it was fabulous! It had lettuce, cherry tomatoes, avacado (yucky! Gave it to Captain America), olives, and shrimp with dressing on the side. You do know the trick with dressing on the side, right? Lightly dip your fork in the salad dressing before forking a bite of salad, and you get the flavor of the dressing with using only a fraction of it. Saves on calories. Tricky, eh? It was big and yummy!


Captain America got the 7oz sirloin steak and added Shrimp and Parmesan to the top. Divine! We traded bites, and his was WONDERFUL. He got steamed veggies, and a side salad with it (balsamic vinegar for the dressing)


We decided to forgo dessert, and headed straight to the movies. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. The movie started at 6:05, so we had to hustle. No need, it turned out, because there were 30 minutes of previews - lol! I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. It was pretty long, though, and I was kinda cold. They crank the AC here in El Paso. I think I need to keep a jacket in the car at all times. i thought I was gonna FREEZE at dinner. Serioulsy, I had goose bumps the whole time - hehehe.


After the movie, which was in the mall, we walked around for a bit. There was a Target Greatland right there in the mall, so we decided to go and walk around. I hadn't been in a Target for a while. It was kinda fun. I ended up getting some Fingernail polish remover, a clear coat, and a very light pink coat. Only $3 something out of my money. I'd spent the whole movie picking the nail polish off of my nails (I know, I know, not so good!), so I needed something to fix it.

We decided to stop at Wendy's and each get a small frosty on the way home. Not on the diet, but SO much better than the desserts at Applebees, calorie wise. I hadn't had ice cream in a long time, so I was in heaven. Back on the diet today! I guess I don't really look at my date night as off of the diet, so there's no getting back on. Just continuing on with it. I'm down to 149, so that's not too bad :) 9 more lbs to go!


We got home at 10 to 10pm, and only Jake and Tom were awake. Jake said that he put the little kids to sleep at 7am, so I told him that when they came to wake me up at 6am, I was sending them upstairs to play with him. I'd told him to put them to bed at 8pm. He knew that he couldn't play computer until they were in bed, so he decided to put them to bed early. I must say, he's not a dumb kid - LOL! He'll just be playing with them in the morning, that's all - Ha!

So I'm designing after 11pm, and I decided to go with a fun, easy saying. No requests tonight :) I found this one, and thought it was HILARIOUS! I have a TON of goofy pics of my kids/family/friend/self, and thought it would be GREAT on pics of them/us!

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. thanks!

4shared

OK, I just wanted to show you guys that you can use this. See, just put it on any silly, goofy pic. You don't have to be on medication to use it - ROFL!

7 comments:

Rubypat said...

Thanks again for another great Word Art. Good shopping, by the way! Great bargains. I'm glad the budgeting is going so well. It sure takes the pressure off, doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Page 7 post on Jul. 18, 2009. Thanks again.

Mom2mykids said...

Thanks for the great Word Art. Great shopping too, wish I could find deals like that when I shop! I want to see Harry Potter too but my kids would KILL me if we went without them! Spencer gets back from camp today so maybe tonight?

SandyPie said...

hilarious word art, thank you again! Glad the diet is going well, you look great, are you sure you can spare 9 more pound?

Pattycakes said...

This cracked me up! Thank you!!! :)

Cherrie G Hays said...

I just love your wordart. Thanks for the great wordart.

Anonymous said...

So cute! Thank you!