Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Smile

Hey girls! How was your Wednesday??? I slept in until around 8am, then woke up with Jimmy. Jake, Tom, and Joe were at Andrea's house for the sleepover, and Emeline sleeps in, so it was pretty quiet at my house. There was just enough cereal for the kids to eat breakfast, and I let them watch some cartoons. Not while eating cereal, but after - LOL. The only TV in the house that will pick up PBS is the TV in my bedroom. So I occasionally let them watch morning cartoons. Since it was Wednesday (designing day), I thought it was a good time for some PBS cartoons :)

I got 2 WordArt packs designed before "free lunch" at the park. I left the house at 10:30am, and went to pick up the kids from Andreas house. By the time we finally got to the park, it was 11am. The kids got lunch, which was NOT ham and cheese sandwiches. For the past, um, I don't know how many weeks, it's been Ham and Cheese sandwiches. They had hot dogs today. My kids were happy.

While we were there, there was this kid (with a daycare group), probably around 7 or so, who ran into a tree. The maintanence workers came to Katy and I and said that the kids ran into the tree really hard. We went over to check him out, patted him off, helped him up, and looked around to see where his "grown-up" was. One of the daycare ladies came over, kinda yelled at him for messing around, and took him back to the bench. It was so sad. I wouldn't want my kids being supervised like that. There were about 20 kids, and 2 workers. Seems a bit too many kids for that many workers.

And I know that there's a lot of parents who have no other choice than to put their children in daycare. Hopefully yours is much better than this one appears to be. I just felt sorry for the poor kid. He needed a parent (or adult who loved him) to pick him up, gush over him a little bit, give him a hug, and tell him that he was loved. Anyway, enough on that subject ;)

We went home at around 12:30pm, and Captain America was still there for lunch. I got to see him for a few minutes, then he was off to school again. Busy, busy guy. I designed a b-day present for our friend, Helen. Her b-day is on Saturday, and we decided to throw her a b-day party on Wednesday night. We'd taken pics when we went eyebrow threading last week, and I used all those pics for it. I sent it to Wal-Mart at an 8x10, and got ready to go and pick it up.

Katy came with me. Well, technically, I went with her. Jim was napping, and Jake was watching all the kids, so just Katy and I went. Sweet! I had a few things that I had to get for Captain America, and I needed computer printer paper, and the photo.

Captain America needed Splenda, because in the past 4 or 5 days, he's eating a WHOLE bag. What? Don't you ration? I was SO mad. I ony have $200 a week for food. I have $1.00 for the rest of the week for food. Buying a $6.00 bag of Splenda is not in the budget. I just isn't. I bought him a $2.00 box of generic artifical sweetener. I knew he woudln't like it, but then he needs to ration a bit better.

I got home, and went back to designing. I did another collab with Jen (Graham like the Cracker), and wanted to get it in the store by Wednesday night (my deadline). I got it half way done, and stopped for dinner.

Let me tell you, PMS is not my friend. Really, it isn't. And it's not Captain Americas friend either. You never know when, why, or where it will strike. All you can know is that it'll be bad. I'm embarassed to tell you the store, and I'm sure my sister will be embarassed for me, but I'm gonna tell it anyway. That's why you like me. Because I'm real - LOL!

So Captain America was making his dinner, a protein shake, and realized that I hadn't bought Splenda. He wasn't pleased. He didn't understand why I didn't pull money from a different fund for the Splenda. I wasn't gonna spend my own money on Splenda. Or our entertainment money. Or his running shoes money. Every $ is allocated to something. It's to prevent overspending. So I told him to buy the Splenda out of his own money. He didn't like that answer.

He let it drop, and went about what he was doing. But by then, I could feel myself getting hormonal. He went to the sink, and organized the dirty dishes again. A few minutes later, as I was chopping up some green peppers to put in a container in the fridge, something set me off. I can't remember what it was exactly, but I told him to stop being mad at me. "I'm not acting mad at you', he said. "Yes you are, you're doing the dishes all mad", I said, and I went to the sink, and rummaged through it all hastily, knocking stuff all around and out of the sink (I know, how embarassing!) He didn't quite know how to take it, so he started to chuckle. I almost started to chuckle too, then the hormones took over, and I yelled something, and threw what was in my hands across the room. Unfortunately, that was my little chopping knife and the container of green peppers. I don't know where I was throwing it, but it almost hit the bookshelf, and bounced all over the floor. Tom just happened to be coming out of the other room, and got green peppered. Luckily not knifed.

What's up with the hormonal flares? Do you ever do embarassing stuff like that? OMGosh - looking back - how embarassing. I left the room crying, and hid in the garage. After about 10 minutes, the hormonal surge passed, and I felt much better. Embarassed ,but better. I snuck back into the house, and into my room. People kinda gave me wide berth for a while. After 30 more minutes of designing, and I was good enough to go back into the kitchen and make myself some food.

I got on facebook, and said something about PMS not being my friend (Captain America was on facebook too), and he commented on it, saying it wasn't Tom's friend either. Then a bunch of people said that they get hormonal too, and I felt much better. Captain America had forgiven me, and I wasn't alone. Thank goodness. I sure hope I "Start" (or Johnny comes) soon, so I can put those freakish episodes behind me, at least for another month. Isn't being a girl fun sometimes!

I finished loading my store and designing by 9pm-ish, and after Captain America got back from Scouts (11 year old scouts - just Jake's group), I headed over to Katy's for the b-day party. Helen was there when I got there, but didn't know it was a party. We were gonna surprise her. Andrea and Kim got there about 20 minutes later We compared days, and we were ALL having hormonal times. It was crappy afternoons all around. Andrea got locked out of her house (not her fault - child related), Katy had issues with the fish tank, Kim had something or another going one, same with Helen. We'd all had our moments that day.

But, it was SO good to have a girls night. We sang to Helen, who was surprised, and gave her her presents and cake. We just bought the little individual cake, cause Andrea and Katy and I were all dieting. We made diet jello for ourselves.

We played a few rounds of PIT, then Helen had to go home. After that, we got out the Wii, and I made a Wii fit character. My BMI was in the normal range, so I was happy! And, it said that my age was 30. Woohoo!!! Andrea was 43 or something like that - hehehe. I think it was because she coudln't balance at all. For some reason, I had freakishly good balance. Too bad it wasn't like that in real life. I can't even look up at the stars without tipping over - hehehe.

Anyway, it was fun playing on the Wii. I did the ski jump, the tight rope walker, the hula hooper, the soccer ball thing, and some marble in the hole game. Then, we all played Mario Tennis. OMGosh, it was confusing. I wasn't very good at that one. hehehe. I think my team won, though. Who knows. I didn't know what I was doing half the time. LOL!

We chatted till about 2pm, then all headed home. I'm blogging now, and ready to go to sleep. Tomorrow is usually pool day, but I don't know if we're going or not. I may just stay home. Or not - hehehe. We'll see.

Well, this isn't a request, but I'm tired of designing for the night. I did 4 WordArt packs today (one was a collab, so it was twice as long as normal), and then I still had to blog for tomorrow. I'm getting ready to go to girls night, and I'm swimming with PMS hormones. hehehe. Not a good combo. But, the designing is all done, so that's half the battle. Anyway, that long tirade was just to say that I picked this saying out all by myself - hehehe. Hope you like it!

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!



FONTS:
Smile - Smiley Monster

13 comments:

Kendra said...

Thanks for sharing! Not only the word art, but your stories... I have 4 kids and it still boggles my mind how you find time to fit it all in! Regardless, thanks, I look forward to reading your posts (although that almost seems weird since I don't know you! LOL).

Crystal said...

Thanks for the great word art!

Unknown said...

Love, love, love your blog and all of your photos!! Thank so much for being such a great blogger!!

I have an award for you on my blog:
http://scrappinbyaubreysmom.blogspot.com

Thanks again!
*Hugs*

Kim Sandling said...

Thank you for sharing your stories! Hormones are so crazy! I think something was in the air yesterday, because I had a "flare-up" day too. My husband is so funny and tells me that it's my body, and to control it. He gets a death stare whenever he says that! LOL

Denise said...

Ha! Sounds like you're doing the Dave Ramsey thing. We have envelopes set up with specific funds inside. If you spend it all, too bad. Or, I have resorted to pulling from another envelope to pay for something we "need." Splenda wouldn't be the need I'd pull from though. LOL.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Alpha(s),Font(s), Word Art(s) post on Aug. 06, 2009. Thanks again.

xashee's corner said...

hormones can make us crazy! wait for menopause! hehe Now THAT is where the REAL FUN comes in!
Thank you so much for ALLLLLL that you share, Bethany! it really does help to know we are not alone at something that makes us crazy! HUGS to ya!! Have a TERRIFIC day! :D

Anonymous said...

love the word art, one of my favorite things to say when i'm mad or annoyed at someone and don't want to say it. :D

ccynden said...

A very true saying, I love it. Thank you.

Sharon Kay said...

LOL LOVE IT! This has so many possibilities!

I'm curious...all this blogging your days...do you put this in your scrapbooks? If not, you should!

Carol said...

Thanks,this is a good one.My type of humour,lol.

MemoryKeeper said...

Here's a little known secret:

Dollar Tree sells 'SPLENDA' generics for $1 per box, that's 50 for $1 I always buy about 8 boxes. Look for the yellow box, yes they have pink and blue too, but it's the yellow that is sucralose (splenda). That's almost half the price in the store.

Ali said...

Thank you so much for all the word art you give away. You have a great talent. Whenever I need inspiration, I come to your page and get some. You do great work. Thanks again!