Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Unbelievable

First off, do you like my new desktop wallpaper??? hehehehe!!!

Well, yesterday we had Award Assemblies at school for the kids. Jim and I walked up to the school at 8:30 for Joe/Eme's assembly. I got a few pics of Joe, and Eme got an award for High Honor Roll (All A's). She really did a great job. Jim? Well, not so much. He was buckled in his stroller, and kepts saying "Buckle me OUT!" the whole time. Not the most enjoyable hours of my life - hehehe.

Then, when the assembly was over, and all the P-K, K, 1st, and 2nd graders went back to class, at 9:30, all the 3rd and 4th graders came in, and we did the whole thing all over again - Sigh. Luckily, the 3rd graders went first on awards, and I took pics of Tom getting his Honor Roll award (A's and B's), and Jimmy and I jetted. We were home by 10am. Jacob's award ceremony was at 1pm, but I think Jimmy (heck, ME!) had had his fill of sitting quietly in the gym. Sorry, Jake! I LOVE you too and am so proud of you!!!

JImmy and I spent the afternoon being productive. We cleaned Jacob and Thomas' room....completely. We took out all the clothes that didn't fit, threw away a lot of junk papers and such, and organized things. Jimmy vacuumed (yeah, for a 3 year old, he's pretty thorough. I was impressed!), and I went back to touch it up. See, when the movers come to pack, I don't want a bunch of junk being packed up. At least in the house. The garage is a chore I don't want to tackle. hehehe. So, all the upstairs kids room are gone through and organized. Now, I just have to do mine and Eme's. I'll work on that tomorrow.

A guy from the moving company was supposed to come yesterday and "assess" our stuff. See what it all intailed. He set up an appointment for 11, but then called at 9ish and cancelled. He's coming sometime on Tuesday now. Fine with me. Gives me more time to get my "shhhtuff" organized :) Ha!

Captain America wanted me to give the kids an Ice Cream party for their great grades, so we headed off to Wal-Mart to get some ice cream and a few snacks. We also rented a movie for the evening. SO, the diet went out the window for the night. Sigh. Today? Maybe today I can do it. Quick. Someone loan me their will power. I KNOW I used to have some. I know I did- hehehe.

I attened Scraporchard's "Make It Scrappy" last night. I've done a few of these, and they're really a lot of fun. But I do find that designing WordArt comes MUCH more naturally to me than does actual scrapping. So, here's my layout. The directions were:

1. pick 4 papers (1 with polka dots, 1 with stripes, 2 others)
2. pick at least 2 photos (even number)
3. make one photo double the size of the rest
4. use at least 3 elements (buttons, flowers, brads) (odd number)
5. use one paper as a frame for one photo
6. use an alpha for the title

So, I made a really FUN new WordArt for the layout, and didn't have an alpha to go with it, so I just made one up - hehehe. I just LOVE the actions from Atomic Cupcake, and this one was last week, or the week before last's freebee. You know they give out freebees weekly, right? This week is a wood action. Kinda cool. You should check it out :)

Anway, here's my finished layout. I used photos from our Civil War Reenactment, all of Joe. He's SO photogenic :)


WordArt and Alpha - Elegant WordArt by Bethany
Kit - Scraporchard 2009 April Mega

So, without further adu, here's my WordArt for the day. Isn't it fun! I'm excited to make a WordArt pack with WordArt like this. It was kinda fun to make, too. I've got some neat ideas...... Now I just need to find some design time. Maybe after the house is cleaned..... or not - LMBO!

Click on the links below to go to my accounts to download the PNG file.

4shared
box.net
keepandshare
mediafire

OR, just for fun, you can grab the one that's actually spelled right - LMBO! Thanks, Gail, for letting me know. My 8th grade teacher was right. I AM a horrible speller - ROFL!!! Sigh. Oh well. I've got skills in other areas, right??? hehehe. Sorry I couldn't duplicate it completely. It's a VERY lenghty process. :)


AND, one day next week you can pick up this FABULOUS alpha from me :) I just LOVE the font, and combined with the action from Atomic Cupcake, well, enough said- hehehe. Maybe on Monday. But don't hold me to it - LOL! Next week - that's good enough for now :)

Oh wait. I see that my freebees preview tells me it's the 6th of april. Allrighty then. The 6th of April it is! I guess you can come back here on Monday and pick up the Alpha from me. Who amd I to argue with the Preview - LMBO!

13 comments:

joyce said...

Thanks for this UNBELIEVABLE wordart! I spelt it right, didn't I? :)

Anonymous said...

Such an adorable LO!! Thank you so much for the terrific wordart!! BettyJoR

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! Thank you!

xashee's corner said...

LOVE your wa and thank you so much for sharing!!! :)
Yea, i just found the AC freebies recently and LOVE them! hehe soo much fun!
Have an AWESOME weekend! :)

Anonymous said...

Super WA, many thanks!!

Rose said...

ummm, so why don't you share your wallpaper? I too am Cullen Obsessesed lol I love it :)

a said...

I'd love to, but I didn't make the kit, so I don't have permissions to share it :(

Randi said...

I love the alpha! Can't wait until Monday! Thank you!!

madfam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
madfam said...

Um ... is there any possible way not to be "Cullen obsessed"? I swore I would never read Twilight ... I just couldn't quite wrap my head around the whole vampire-love-story thing. But then last week, my curiosity got the better of me and I purchased the book ... and then got the DVD from Netflix. Is it wrong and/or does it make me weird that I wish Edward were real and that I were Bella? Oh, it does? Okay then, well, carry on.

It's such an addictive story. I never imagined I would get that sucked into the whole thing. I've read on some websites where Stephenie's writing was criticized (as in she's a bad writer). But what I want to know is if she's such a bad writer, then why do so many people find themselves totally wrapped up in it? It's just such a wonderful love story ... and who wouldn't want a guy like Edward?

Leilani said...

Thank you for another awesome wordart. You Rock!

Silvie said...

Thank you so much for your freebie - I really love your work!

Greetings from Germany and happy easter to you and your family,

Silvie

Silvie said...

Oh, I forgot... I'm Cullen obsessed, too!

I just finished the first book yesterday for the second time! :-)