Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Friday, August 8, 2008

Cats

I have a MILITARY ID!! I don't know why, but I was SO excited to get it - LOL! I'm such a dork. We finally found the place, and went into this TINY little room where they were making the ID cards, and found out that only adults and kids over 10 need them. Nice. So I drug the other kids all the way to Eugene for nothing. Oh well. I SO wish that we had gotten a welcome letter or SOMETHING from the military with directions of how to go about stuff.

I got a packet of papers from my hubby, with ID card applications for me and each child, a copy of our birth certificates, and a letter saying that we should get the ID cards. That's all. No locations. No directions. I had to make several calls just to find the place, but it was only a recording with times. Goodness. It's gonna be a LONG life, isn't it - ha! But, I think I know the next steps. We need to get our SS cards back from my hubby, and take them back to that ID card place. And, we need to call TRICARE (our insurance) and see what to do next on that front. I'll get this all figured out someday - hehehehe.

Anyway, the kids were good, and we had fun with my Grandma Ida. The drive was relatively pleasant (we DID have 5 kids in the truck, after all!), and we got home before dinner. It was a good day! And, after the kids went to bed, my mom and I went to the store together. You know, it's kind of fun going out with grown-ups. Who knew!

Ha! It's another animal WordArt. For all you loyal blog readers, you know that I'm not an "animal person". But, I did my best - LOL! This WordArt request is from Laraine. You know, you usually do see cats in pairs or more than one, don't ya? My Aunt has 2 cats that my kids just LOVE, even if they don't love the kids - LOL!

Left click on the image below to go to my 4shared account to download the PNG file, or Right click on the image below to save the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work.
FONTS:
Tingle Institute (or something like that - ha!)

17 comments:

Lacey said...

Welcome to the military, it will be an adventure, that's for sure!!

Sparky_mom said...

Sorry about the ID thing!! Hugs to you!

I so love this word art today!! We have 2 inside cats and now we have 2 outside ones. I've got the Purr-fect photo's too!! Thanks!!

Monica

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I don't know for sure but the ID card may be needed for your younger children for medical care etc. The Army may be a bit different but my son is in the Air Force and my one year old granddaughter has her own military id card. Just something you may want to ask more questions about. I can understand your excitement, you should be very proud of the new path you are starting down.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure of the name of the group, but my brother is Army and his wife received a lot of help from a support group. Maybe you can find one where you're at. You might try this blog: http://www.soloops.com/knowledge/ or www.married to the army.com. Good luck!

Laura @ live.laugh.photograph said...

hi! I'm Laura and we are AD Army too! Welcome to the military! It will definitely be an adventure....

Laraine said...

Bethany I LOVE IT! Thanks for doing my word art request. Now to plan my layout and find some great pictures of my cat crew.

Maria said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 09 Aug [LA 01:43am, NY 03:43am, UK 08:43am, OZ 06:43pm] ).

Anonymous said...

How True, How True, If one is bothering you the other one is so you can never truely be lonely. Thanks for all you wonder workart.
jr

Unknown said...

What a great quote :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Pooh Bear said...

Hey... new to your site.. love the way you blog... and love cats so I'm downloading your word art. I'm in Alaska now but spent the good part of 34 years in Oregon. Close to Eugene. Raised there are loved it. Now I'm in the snow of Alaska..lol..
I'm sorry to hear about your struggles with paperwork. There is a huge company of Service folks up here along with a lot of retiree's. I work with tons of them and hear the same thing from them.. I'll be sending good thoughts for you and the kiddos.
And thank you for the goodies!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your word art...this one about cats is so true (we have 4)!

And welcome to the life of the military. My hubby is currently serving in Iraq with his Army National Guard unit. It is tough but I am so proud of him.

Keep up the great work!!!

Anonymous said...

Me again...I wanted to share my LO!

Hope this works...

http://www.digishoptalk.com/gallery/data/500/Cats_resize.jpg?94

Deenie said...

I really enjoy reading your blog :) Thank you for the cool cat WordArt, I have two of my own lol

Anonymous said...

Love the cat word art. And welcome to Texas. Not in Military here, but have lived here for quite some time now. BIG state and lots of diversity and neat things to see and do! Enjoy the "Lone Star State!"

Jayne said...

Oh this is perfect for me. I have eight cats! Love it, thanks!

weva said...

Thank you!!!

LaVerne said...

I just found your website and have two precious furbabies. Thanks so much for your great word art!!