Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Chillaxin'

Happy Tuesday to you all :) So, did you all have a good Monday? Mine started off at 6:30am, with my little one coming in my room to ask me a never ending slew of questions. Can I eat breakfast? Can I watch a movie? Is mommy ready to get up yet? Then, by 7am, his sister was up too, so I got to listen to them run laps around our living room/dining room. Yeah, that was fun too :)

By 7:30, I gave up, and got up. The repair men were coming to the house that day, and said they'd be there between 8am and noon. You know, I really don't like it when they give such a HUGE window of time. Sheesh! Anyway, I tried to make my house a little presentable, but really didn't care too much - hehehe. I did make my bed, and straighten up my bathroom, since they'd be in the master bathroom looking at the fan.

They ended up coming at 9:30am for the sprinklers. It looked so nice when he left, and the sprinklers turned on in the backyard. A nice mist, all across the grass. One of these days, we'll catch it when it's on, and the kids can play in it. He was just testing it out to see if it worked, then turned it off. So far, we haven't really seen them on. But I know they're on, because I've seen the grass wet. Hmmmmm.

Anyway, it was all fixed, and he said that someone else was coming over for the other 2 work orders. Well, those guys showed up around 11am. First, they checked out the fan in the bathroom. Apparently, it had a burnt out motor. So, he extracted the motor, and said that he needed to order a new one. 2 - 3 weeks for the motor to get here. Oh well. We haven't had a bathroom fan since April 10th. What's a few more weeks :)

Next, they fixed the glass screen door. See, the part that makes it close slowly pulled out from the door frame, and ripped a big chunk with it. We could tell that it's happened before, and they kinda fixed it. Which, of course, is why it broke again when we moved in. This time, he put 5 inch screw into it, and a thin board over it. Then he repainted it, and called it good. He said that if it had any more issues, they'd have to replace the whole door frame. As long as it works, I'm good :)

Captain America was home for part of the repairs. We had lunch together, and he headed back off to school. We had the neighbor kids over for part of the day. And my Visiting Teachers (from church) came over around 3. It was nice to visit with them :) Very nice girls :) And our kids had fun playing, too.

I finally kicked the neighbor kids out at 5:00, and we got the house presentable before Captain America came home at 5:30. After dinner, he and I and Jimmy headed off to get a few staple groceries from the Commissary. I'm gonna go today for a real shopping trip.

After we got back home, we put Jimmy to bed (he'd fallen asleep in the truck), and headed out for a walk. Joe was sleeping on the couch, and Jake, Tom, and Eme were watching Zorro. Captain America and I got in a 43 minute walk. Good thing, cause I hadn't walked since last Wednesday or so. I could sure feel it.

We sent Eme to bed when we got home, and let the older boys watch one more show. Joe was still sleeping on the couch. I figured he might as well sleep there for the night. I wasn't gonna carry him upstairs. And it's much cooler down here anyway.

When Captain America was ready for bed at 10pm, I moved out to the couch to finish working. Joe was still asleep. About 20 minutes into it, he sat up, and had a red hand pring across his face. He must have been laying his head on his hand. It was SO funny. It looked like the shape of one of those giant sticky hand toys. Like he got smacked in the face with it - hehehe. Poor kid. He's just lucky I didn't pull out my camera.

I think we might go to the movies today. It's Dollar day at the cheap theater. Most days it's $2.00 a ticket, but Tuesdays it's only $1.00. "Escape to Witch Mountain" is playing. Have you seen it? I found this AWESOME site that will tell you about the bad stuff in a movie, before you let your kids watch it. It's called Kids In Mind, and I think it's WONDERFUL. Check it out, before you watch your next movie :) It rates them, on a scale of 1 to 10, in 3 categories: nudity/sex, violence/gore, and profanity. And it breaks it down into specifics, too. It looks like "Escape to Witch Mountain" is a good family friendly show. And I LOVE the Rock....

Eme and Tom have a b-day party to go to today from 2-4. That might cut into my movie time, so I might have to re-think that one. Maybe we can make both.... I'll let you know - hehehe. And, I'm now on Eclipse, about 100 pages into it. I just LOVE a good love story.

OMGosh! This WordArt was giving me fits last night. Usually, I can get a WordArt designed in under 3 minutes. This one - a good 10. I don't know that that was all about. Hopefully I'm not losing my "touch". hehehe. Anyway, like it or not, this is the finished product. This request is from Christie, who has a darling picture of her 2 year old sitting under a tree she plans to use this WordArt on. Hope you like it, girl!

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. :)


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 09 Jun [LA 02:27am, NY 04:27am, UK 09:27am, OZ 07:27pm] ).

mihill said...

SO SO FUN!!!!!!
thanks

Six-Pack Momma said...

Thanks so much, Bethany! I LOVE it!!!

Kim said...

Fun wordart. Thanks Bethany!

xashee's corner said...

DH & i went rock hunting yesterday with friends! got a bit of a tan too!! :) Thank you so much for sharing ALL that you do! :) Have a LOVELY day!! :)

Sammy said...

Just love this WA, thanks so much Bethany

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Alpha(s),Font(s), Word Art(s) post on Jun. 09, 2009. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Could you maybe do some Gnome words like "Hangin with My Gnomies"
I have been collecting gnomes for 30 years and the word art would look cute with my collection and on scrap pages
Monica from Texas

S said...

Cute stuff, thanks! Maybe you weren't feeling it because you were soooo busy and yet the WA is about relaxing? LOL (shrug)

Pam said...

Bless you for sharing your fun word art!!

Anonymous said...

Cute! Thank you!

Rechie said...

loooove it.....thanks for sharing this one