Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Wonderful World

Wow, what a fun and long day I had. I did take pictures, but I'm too tired to download them just now. Another day, I promise :)

So my day started off at 4am, with my hubby asking me if I had seen this Scouting paper he needed. He was taking Jacob up to Scout camp, and had to be at the church at 5am to pick up the other kids. No, I hadn't seen his paper. I looked through a few stacks, but couldn't find it. I assured him that he didn't need it (it was something about paying for camp, and I'd talked with the lady at the scout office on Friday, who said we were all paid up). I said bye to Jake, and went back to sleep.

I woke up for the 2nd time at 8:30am. The kids were already awake, and looking for food. I can't even remember what I fed them, but they had food. I think. I hope. LOL!

We were supposed to be going to the movies at noon-ish, and I started checking with the girls to make sure the plans were still on. It had been moved and changed so much. Well, Adelas hubby thought we were going on Tuesday, so he made plans for the family on Monday. She said she couldn't go. Katy and I decided to just postpone it a day, so she could go too. Instead, we made plans to go to the Sprinkler park at Biggs park. The one with the mini pool and mushroom sprinkler. I facebooked all my friends to tell them.

We spent a few hours in the morning cleaning the kitchen. The stove, especially, was HORRIBLE. Boy did it look nice when I was done. I cleaned off all the counters, and the store, and the sink. I didn't get a chance to do the rest of the house, but at least the kitchen was clean.

Then, I baked Pumpkin Muffins with a crumble topping. Mmmmm, they smelled EXACTLY like pumpkin pie. The kids sure liked them. Here's the recipe for ya :)

Sift together:

1 3/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp soda
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Cream well:

1/3 cup shortening

Add gradually, and continue creaming until light and fluffy:

2/3 cup sugar

Add, and beat well:

2 eggs, well beaten

Add alternatively with flour mixture:

1 can Libbys Easy Pumpkin Pie Mix

Place in lined mini muffin tins. Prepare crumble topping as follows:

Cream together:

3 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp flour
2 tbsp butter
cinnamon
nutmeg
cloves

Sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 350 until done.

Mmmm, they sure did smell good :)

So, at 11:30am, we started to get ready for the sprinkler park. We made sandwiches, cut up apples/oranges, and the muffins. I also make some diet lemonade to take with us. We got on our suits, gathered the towels, and headed out the door.

It was a lot of fun at the sprinkler park. We stayed from noon until about 3:30pm. The kids had a blast. It was super hot, and I even got in a few time. Standing under the giant raining mushroom sure felt good. At one point, Tom came over holding his "junk". He said that his swim trunks had ripped. OMGosh did they ever! There was no way of hiding it. I told him to take my shorts, and wear them. I was just in my swimsuit anyway. They were a little big, but fit well enough to continue playing in the water. hehehe.

We were all tired when we got home. The big kids played on the computer, the little ones watched a movie, and I watched Kyle XY on the computer. I only have 1 more episode left! I made dinner for the kids (BBQ chicken and mashed potatoes), and for Captain America and I (He got home at around 5:30pm from camp), and went back to watching Kyle XY. Captain America was still working on his project for class.

He said that he needed to go to bed early (9am), because they were going somewhere early in the morning. 5am-ish. Ewh! So, I had a GREAT plan to go to Katy's and watch a movie! She said she doesn't sleep well when her DH is gone, so some girl time would be PERFECT! So, I got on facebook, and invited myself over to her house. Terrible, I know. Some people - hehehe. She, luckily, checked her facebook, and said "Come on over!". Thank goodness!

I checked on the kids, tucked Jimmy in (he was already asleep), told Joe that he could finished the last little bit of him movie, and Tom and Eme could keep playing computer until the movie was over, then they all needed to go to bed. I trused them. And Captain America was there. Sure, he was sound asleep, but he was there :)

I headed for Katy's at about 9:15pm. I decided to drive, even though it's only about a block away. I didn't know what time we'd be done, and don't really like walking home by myself that late.

We texted Adela when I got there, and told her to come play (hehehe, told!) She was at Wal-Mart at the time, but came over as soon as she got back. We watched a movie called "Prime" with Merryl Streep and Uma Thurman. It was decent. I enjoyed it. Too much sex, I though. I just put the blanket over my head during that part - hehehe. Like I have the big kids do when we watch Harpers Island, and some inappropriate skin comes on screen - hehehe.

We stayed and watched some TV (I don't have cable, so it was kinda fun to see what was on) until about 1:40am. I was falling asleep, so Adela and I headed home. What a fun day. Long, that's for sure, but DEFINITELY fun!

OK, so it's not 2:12am on Tuesday, and I'm tired. I'm gonna give you a quick freebee, and be done with it :) I promise to put more thought into the next one I make. I promise :)

Click on the link below to go to my accounts to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!

4shared

6 comments:

Shannon @ Lifelong Impressions said...

Hey Bethany. I've been reading your blog for about a year now since I started to do digital scrapbooking. I love your word art, especially the LDS art. Would it be OK to use some of the free stuff for my photography customers storyboards, cards & albums? I don't know yet what/if anyone wants, but I have all your stuff separated into a my personal stuff only folder. Please let me know. Thanks!
BTW - I think you are as cute as a button! Well, actually much prettier then a lowly button, very pretty! :-)

Janice said...

Thanks for all your wonderful word art and yes it is a wonderful world. I love your blog and your work.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Alpha(s),Font(s), Word Art(s) post on Jul. 07, 2009. Thanks again.

xashee's corner said...

thank you for sharing your LOVELY wa!! your days are always sooooo busy, i don't know how you do it! Thanks, again, Bethany and have a GREAT day! :)

Mari Romualdo said...

Muito obrigado!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe for the muffins! LOVE the way they sound! mmmm my mouth is watering
Thanks for th word art as well! Yours is the best!