Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I Love You.

Hey all! Monday morning came bright and early for us. Well, not too early :) 7:30 or so. That's a nice time to wake up. I got the kids breakfast, checked some emails, and we headed off to Wal-Mart. The kids had allowance money that was SERIOUSLY burning a hole in their pockets. Unfortunately, the little kids only had one and two dollars. Not much to buy at Wal-Mart for a buck :) I let the big kids go to the toy section, and the little kids and I went to get Captain America his Protein Powder for his protein shakes.

We stopped by the photo lab to pick up Joe's b-day invites, and they couldn't find the order. Oh, I was mad. I'd sent it in on Saturday. They should have been there. Sigh. Oh well. At least now I'm not out the $4.00. I just left everyone the picture on their facebook account. Sorry, to all my friends without a facebook account..... Anyway, it was frustrating.

Then, we went to the Office Supply section. Captain America wanted me to get a different filing system for the "envelopes". I found a nice plastic file folder holder. It was JUST what I was looking for. I can now slide a file folder in, add the envelopes for the month, even a tracking sheet to see what money we have left. Good job, sweetie! what a great idea :)

We then joined the kids in the toy isle. Jacob found a remote control jeep that he wanted. Tom found a cap gun. Eme found a gum ball machine. Joe and Jim didn't find anything. I told them that we'd go to the Dollar Tree, and they were happy. It took forever at the check-out because we had so many different purchases, and all paid in cash. hehehe. Oh well, it works for us :)

Next, we drove to the Dollar Tree. I'm sure that there's one closer to our house, but I only know where the one by where we used to live is. So, we drove there. Jimmy picked out army men. He just loves those little plastic guys. I found some cowboys and indians to put on his b-day cupcakes, and some lipgloss for myself. Jake found some batteries for his remote control car, and Eme found a Hannah Montana coloring poster. Jimmy found a Diego floaty toy.

Again, it took FOREVER at the check-out. I bet the people behind us weren't pleased. Oh well. When Jimmy finally got to pay, they said that his toy had been recalled, and he needed to get something else. Are you kidding me??? Do you know how long it took me to convince the kid to get that??? Sigh. We sent Jake back to get Spiderman of the same toy, and had to re-wait in line again. When we finally all got to the truck, Jake realized that he's left his stuff sitting on the quarter machines, so had to run back in. We were late for the pool, needless to say - hehehe.

We managed to make it home, change, get lunch together, and be at the pool by 11:30pm. Only 30 mintues late. Helen was already there, and Katy got there about 5 minutes after us. At least she was running late too - hehehe.

We had a lot of fun at the pool. The moms spent most of the time in the pool, exercising. Jumping in place. Or something like that. It was nice and refreshing. We got out at 1pm for lunch. The kids had already eating (hot dogs), and continuted to swim. Kim came after a bit, and we had fun chatting with her.

Helen and I noticed something on my towel when I got up to get something, and realized that it wasn't Ketchup from the hot dogs. Johnny had come. Thank goodness. Grant it, at the pool wasn't the place for him to make his appearance, but now, at least, my hormones should be back under control. Luckily Helen had something in the car to help. No more swimming for me :)

We went home around 2pm. Eric (Katy's son) wanted Tom and Jake to come and play, but I told them that they needed to do their chores first. I went into my room to help Jimmy take a nap. I went out after about 30 minutes to check on them, and OMGosh, it looked fantastic out there. They were almost all done. The counters were cleaned. The table was cleaned. The floors were picked up and swept. Nice. They went to Erics, and Eme and Joe got on the computers. Jimmy finally fell asleep around 3pm, and I found a new Twilight Fan Fic to read.

It was really good. It's only rated T, so it's not as bad as some of them out there. It's the premise that Edward leaves, once Jacob turns werewolf they aren't friends anymore, and Bella marries Mike Newton, who turns out to be abusive. It's really a very well written story. You can find it HERE, AND, it's a complete, finished story. Gotta love that. She did start a sequel, but it's only got 2 chapters, and she hasn't updated that in about 8 months. I didn't even read the first 2. I"ll wait to see if she decides to finish (or at least update it).

I put a casserole in the oven (the taco thingy) at 4:30ish, and the big kids came home around 5pm. Jimmy woke up around then, and Captain America came home at 5:30pm. The kids ate, Captain America and I made our food, and we all went about our various activities. We had Family Home Evening at 6:30pm, and it was all about the importance of Education. How we only get to take from this life the knowledge that we gain here. It was pretty good. Then, we played 3 rounds of Kung Fu Panda Uno. I won. By a landslide. It was awesome! hehehe.

Tuesday, the girls and I might go to a movie. Kidless. That would be fun. I don't even know what's playing. But we all agreed that we need a "girls break". Then, Wednesday is the big day for Joe. We have Kelly park at 10am, we're picking up dinner from the Young Women's fundraiser (enchaladas) around 5pm, then Scouts (marshmallow wars) at 6pm, and girls night at 9pm. Holy crow! That's a ton of stuff all on one day. I'd better get my designing done on Tuesday. No rest for the wicked, eh? hehehe.

This WordArt request is from Jen. I thought it would be ADORABLE on layouts of parents/siblings/families loving each other :) Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!


Love - PHarmacy
You - Susie's Hand
All rest - Pussycat

13 comments:

Tine said...

thank's for the beautiful wordart

Armina said...

Thanks for the Freebies, dear! ;-)

Dinphy said...

Lovely wordart again! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Alpha(s),Font(s), Word Art(s) post on Aug. 11, 2009. Thanks again.

Lisa said...

As always Bethany...Thank you so much for sharing your talent! I'm such a fan!

xashee's corner said...

yesterday wasn't very kind to you!! sheesh! but sure GLAD that 'Johnny' showed up!!!! HUGS! Thank you so much for sharing!! Have a GREAT day today!! :)

Lisa said...

thanks :) it's pretty!

Rebecca said...

I love this word art! It's perfect. Your stories always give me something to laugh about! Thanks for a smile, and something free ;)

Meghan said...

Hello,

I am on a forum called My Great Retreat. It's for all the moms, or those who aren't moms, out there who love to blog, or who want to start one, those who love photography, crafts, and also for all the WAHM's. We also have forums for those with kids to come to to vent about life, marriage, relationships, or to share the joys of motherhood, womanhood, etc. Basically we talk about all of our hobbies and what we love in life and help out other WAHM's and businesses get their name out there.

We'd love to let you know about our advertising opportunities. We have very affordable advertising options starting as low as $5. If you're interested, please join and take a look at our Announcements and WAHM forums where you'll find the prices and how to move forward with advertising with us.

WAHM's and blog owners have a great way to get their site name out on our forums. You can participate in the advertising, link exchanges, raffle donations, free advertising on our forums if you're an active member, and much more!

We can't wait to get to know you better!

Thanks,
Meghan
www.mygreatretreat.com

Rose said...

I HATE army men!!! Not the real ones mind you, but my husband thought it would be a great idea to get 200 army men for like $2 thinking that if they got lost or wrecked it wouldn't matter. I'm so tired of stepping on them and picking them up! Stupid things last forever! Erg. Great word art btw!

Ágicza said...

Thank you this, elegant and beautiful WA:) nice work:)

Emily said...

Very cute! Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

From one of my all time favorite books! Love this! Thanks!
Jill