Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Monday, August 10, 2009

Virtue

My days just keep flying by :) Another week down - hehehe. Like I'm counting down to something. Not really. I just noticed how fast life seems to be flying by recently. I guess that's why I try and cram it all in, so I don't miss out on anything :)

And I know it's sad to admit, but I am sore from Wii fit - hehehe. How many days ago was that? My legs are sore from balancing - ROFL! Katy, I need to come over and play more often to get in shape - LOL!

Actually, she and I decided that once we're done with the first phase of the diet, and move onto the "re-feed" stage, where we get to add in more and different kinds of foods, we'll start jogging. My sister found this AWESOME site that teaches you how to run. It's called "Couch to 5 K Running Plan" Ok, so not teaches you how to run, but teaches you how to ease into running. So you don't die - LOL! Click HERE to give it a look see :) I only have about 8 more lbs until I start re-feed. Can't wait! I'm on day 7 of no cheats. Only 23 more days in a row until I get my $$$!!! Woohoo! Spa day, here I come :)

Church was good today. The speaker didn't show up, so the bishop had the youth come up and talk about their youth conference they'd had the day before. It sounded like a lot of fun. They played "The Game Of Life". They got to get jobs, and married, and work, and live, and die. Lots of different "life" things happened to them, and at the end, they evaluated how their lives went. After hearing all about it, I wanted to play the game - hehehe. And my kids were actually paying attention. That's the best part. They just LOVE to hear stories for the youth.

I taught sharing time again. We learned about preparing for the temple. About trying your hardest to do your best. About making good choices. It turned out pretty good :)

After church, we had lunch, then had "manditory sleep/reading" time. I'm SO loving that. Jimmy and I took a nap. We slept from 2ish to 3:30. Captain America came in after we were awake and took a nap. I guess he missed the "manditory" part - hehehe. His time schedule was a little off.

I went out, and orchestrated the doing of chores (I know it may not be a sunday activitiy, but my house will fall apart without it - hehehe), and after that was done, snuck back in to the bedroom. Captain America had put on "Dances with Wolves" to sleep to (I SO don't sleep with distractions, but it put him right 0ut - hehehe), and I watched the end of it. And designed at the same time. I got 2 WordArt packs done for the week so far - yeah me!

I went out at 5ish to get dinner. I'd crock-potted some food when we got home from church. I ginormous can of Dinty Moore beef stew, a package of noodles, and a can of cream of mushroom soup (plus can of water). All in a crock pot on high. It sure smelled good. Jake and Tom liked it. The little kids are had to please unless it's peanut butter and jelly. Oh well. Varitey is good for them. My rule is, if you don't like what's offered, you can always wait for the next meal :) They'll eat when they get hungry enough, I guess.

After dinner, I let the kids watch a movie. Half way through, Katy called, and we met at the park. The kids got to play with her last remaining Boxer puppy. It was SO stinkin' cute! And I'm not even a dog person. But it sure was tempting! SUCH a cutie :) Emily (Katy's daughter) had just gotten back from Summer Camp. I missed her, and was glad that she was home. She seemed like she had a good time at camp :)

Captain America joined us at the park after he'd made all of his phone calls. What a busy guy :) We stayed till it was dark, then walked home. The kids were put to bed, and I started blogging. Pretty low keyed day. Gotta love those :)

Monday we're planning on going to the Pool. It seems like FOREVER since we've been there. I also have been promising the kids that they can go to either the Dollar Tree or Wal-Mart to spend part of their allowances. Wendesday is Joe's party at the "Free Lunch" park, and also Cub Scouts (Marshmallow gun shooters at the paint ball park). Adela is coming back home from vacation in San Antonio (boy, I missed her!), so we'll have to do another girls night soon! Busy time :)

Well, since I was working on some new WordArt packs for this coming Friday, I decided to give you a little taste of one of my new WordArt Packs. It's called "Linear Definitions Virtue WordArt Pack". It's filled with different Virtues. I thought they were SO pretty. I just had to make up a freebee for you guys, and thought what better thing than "Virtue". So appropriate - hehehe.

So, click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work.



Fonts:
Virtue - Felix Titling
AL Verdigris (available for sale at 2peas)

7 comments:

Kim said...

So beautiful, Bethany. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I just finished the couch-to-5K program and it was great. I have never run in my life before and I ended up being able to do it. Good luck. Holly

xashee's corner said...

you know i LOVE your wordart and thank you so much for sharing! :) Have a MARVELOUS day!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Alpha(s),Font(s), Word Art(s) post on Aug. 10, 2009. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your stuff!

My request is for my kitchen: "..to please the eye and to gladden the heart... for taste and for smell, to strengthen the body and to enliven the soul. -D&C 59:18-19"

Thank you!!

-Ruth Hinds

TooManyHobbies said...

I completed the Couch to 5K program, and along with watching how much I eat (think 50's portions not current restaurant portions) I've lost 37 pounds in about 12 weeks. And am in the best shape I've been in since high school.

Come on give it a try!

another day-another memory said...

Bethany I so enjoy reading about your adventures..What a busy lady you are. I have no idea how you do all you do. But I love reading about it. Thank you so much for your word art..Judy from Columbus, OHIO