Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Metal and Wood Alpha - Brown

Dang, I'm tired. As I'm pre-publishing this at 10:30ish last night, it's been a CRAZY day. Started off the day at 6:30 am, when I woke up before my alarm. I tried to snooze a little more, but really I just laid in bed for 30 minutes - hehehe.

Got kids off to school by 7:20, and poor little Joe stayed home. No more puking, at least, but he was a bit feverish. Wouldn't eat. Wouldn't drink. Just laid on the couch all day. He was so pitiful looking. Poor little guy.

I spent the morning cleaning and organizing, so that the moving company guy wouldn't think that we lived in total filth. He came at 9:30. He walked through, and took notes as to what kind of boxes and such they needed to bring, getting an idea of how much junk, er, stuff we had. I got a few questions answered, and he was on his way by 9:40.

We headed off to the big kids school at 10:10ish to sign the school transfer papers. I post dated them the 9th, and they're gonna get sent home with Jacob tomorrow (today). That took a little while, since I had 4 kids I was doing it for.

After that, we headed to the park. I needed out of the house for a bit. I made Joe sit in the stroller the whole time. And, he didn't even really complain. That's how crappy he felt. Jimmy had fun playing with his buddy, until, for some reason, Jim threw sand in the kids face. I made Jim sit with me until he was ready to apologize. It was like 15 minutes. Holy buckets, that kids stubborn!

We didn't stay long, since the wind starting blowing so hard, we were getting pelted with sand. REally. It was bad :)

After about an hour at the park, we headed off to Wal-Mart. I need a new ink cartridge for my printer so I could make a copy of Captain Americas orders and his LES for our Lease Signing this Friday. I also needed ice for the coolers (which we forgot).

Joe fell asleep in the truck, and slept on the couch the rest of the afternoon. My mom had sent an envelope in the mail full of Easter cards (and dollars), and when the big kids got home from school, they wanted to go to Wal-Mart and spend their dollars. And buy the ice we forgot earlier. So, after dinner, we loaded up in the Surburban, and headed off to Wally World.

We also had to exchange some pants for Jacob. His new school has a uniform of Kakhi or navy slacks, and forest green or white Polo shirt. I got him pants the first time at Wal-Mart, but they didn't fit. So, we exhanged them for a larger size. 38x29. Holy crap. Someone needs to go outside and play just a little bit more. Dang!

We were in the toy isle for about an hour, or so it seemed - hehehe. Jacob picked out some gooey stuff that makes a flatching (that's how we say fart - hehehe) sound, a sticky hand, and some silly putty. Thomas picked out some Playmobil guys, the Knights. They're SUPER cool. Joe picked out some too, only the pirate ones. Eme got a tiny baby doll, and a little stuffed easter bunny. Jimmy picked out a Thomas the Train book. I spent my easter dollars on a new working copy of Shrek. Jimmy trashed our last one. And he just LOVEs shrek. It was only $4.00, and my mom had sent me $5 for Easter, so I came out $1.00 ahead - hehehe.

Once home, I realized that I still hadn't bought ice. Dang! So, I dropped off the kids, put on a movie for Jimmy, left Jacob in charge, and headed back for the ice. I was home in 20 minutes, with 3 HUGE bags of ice for tomorrow.

I let the kids hang out for a while, and I cleaned and organized. I got all of the clothes and suitcases in the right places, and picked out the kids' sunday clothes too. I went through my closet, and decided what I was letting the movers pack, and what I was taking myself.

I put the kids to bed, and kept going. I went through the kitchen, and packed all of the opened/perishible foods. I swept the floor really good, and got all the trash cans emptied. I organized the bathrooms pretty good, and unhooked the electronics.

In the morning, before they get here (around 9 I think), I'm gonna unload the fridge/freezer and load the coolers. I'm gonna get all my tolietries out of the bathroom, along with the kids' I'm gonna save my pillow (I can't sleep with any other one - LOL - I take it EVERYWHERE with me if I'm going overnight). And my laptop. And my shower curtain - LOL! That's an important one - hehehe.

I got a lot done today, I think. At around noon, I could tell that a migraine was on it's way, so I took some of my WONDERFUL medicine, and it seems to be gone. But when I sit down and am still, I can tell that it's trying to creep back. I think I need more sleep. Or less stress. Anyone wanna borrow some stress? I'd be willing to share - ROFL!

Well, since I was SO SO SO busy yesterday, you get my new Alpha as a freebie today :) hehehe. Aren't you glad that I procrastinated doing my WordArt. So, hopefully you're good with this, and won't be TO sad that you didn't get a WordArt - LOL! I just LOVEd how this Alpha turned out. LOVE that metal action. Good job, Atomic Cupcake! Love ya!!!

Click below to go to my accounts to download the ZIP file, and leave some love if you like my work :)


20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 09 Apr [LA 02:47am, NY 04:47am, UK 09:47am, OZ 07:47pm] ).

Sherrie said...

Wow, what a day you had. And I admit I coveted your alpha yesterday when I saw it and then I got it today......woo hoo !!! Thank you I just love it

Pat in Houston said...

Great Alpha! TY!

Mrs E of Scrappy Freebies said...

thanks for sharing! :)

xashee's corner said...

WHEW! just reading what ALL you did, tires me out! lol Thank you so much for sharing this WONDERFUL alpha!!! :) Have a BEAUTIFUL day!!

Jani said...

Hope the day went well for you. Thought about you and the move and hoped you weren't too stressed out. It's hard to do this without hubby around so you're really being a trooper. You should sleep well tonight!

Brandy said...

Nice alpha!! Thanks for sharing.

Jessica said...

Thanks Bethany!

kabouchon said...

I'm always amazed by what you manage to do in a single day, especially with a little kid at home and a sick one. Incredible.
Hope the move went fine and you'll soon be settle down(for good)

Randi said...

Wow! What a day you had. I hope that the move goes smoothly for you. I also hope that you guys don't have to move again for a LONG time! LOL I can't imagine going through so many moves in such a short amount of time.

Love the Alpha! Thank you!

~♥JoY♥~ said...

Thank you for always sharing your beautiful creations with us! God bless!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Alpha(s),Font(s), Word Art(s) post on Apr. 09, 2009. Thanks again.

Sue said...

This alpha is really FUN! Thanks so much for sharing it! :)

Bobbi-Lynn said...

Wow, what a crazy time you are having. I hope that all goes well! Thanks for the wordart!

Anonymous said...

Thank you - it's great

Jazzy said...

Thanks for the alpha, goog luck with the move.

Linda said...

You're rockin' the alphas -- thanks!

Emily said...

Cute alpha! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the great alpha! Love your blog!
Holly