Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Holy Lord of Glory

I love Saturdays. Well, unplanned Saturdays. Where you can just stay in your jammies, and not do anything in particular. That's the best - hehehe. I was SO excited to sleep in, since I've been having to DRAG the kids out of bed at 7am the past week for school. But, at 6:30 am, my oldest comes in my room asking to play the gamecube. Hmmmmm, wonder what my answer was? GO BACK TO BED AND STOP WAKING ME UP!!! I think he got the hint - LOL! I SO don't understand kids. Sleep in. It feels good. You'll like it if you try it! I know they know that, because they try and do it all week long. Sigh. Maybe next week will be better.

But, despite the interruptions, I still slept in until 9am. I just took my blankets over my head to block out the sun (that's right - SUN!!! El Paso is WONDERFUL in the winter time. Ask me again in the summer if I'm still thinking its wonderful - LOL!) I spent a few hours on the computer, doing emails, and designing, and playing games on facebook.

Then, Tom and I cleaned my closet. I still had clothes in boxes that needed hung up. And since I just bought more hangers the other day, it was the perfect time to do it. My closet it AWESOME (I think I'm in love with it - ha!), so I wanted to spend some time organizing it. Wow, does it look good. I have all the long sleeve shirts in one spot, color coordinated. Then, on another place, are all the short sleeve shirts, color coordinated. The long dresses and such are in a different place. AND, there was a low bar where I could hang all my pants. Gotta like that.

I put my shoe box under the shelving unit, and hung my heels on the edge of the box. I must say, my kids thought that was the coolest thing they'd seen in a long time. Can you tell I shelter them - ha!

I also worked on the garage today. I cleared a spot, and put our 3 giant storage shelves out there. Usually, we use them for bookshelves inside the house. But there's no room for them in here, so I put them against the garage wall. Then, I went though all the plastic totes. All the halloween costumes had molded. I only saved the "Casear" costume. Everything else was ruined. Sigh. We had about 40 costumes in that box. Oh well.

I found some more blankets, and clothes to wash. I thought I was down to 4 loads of laundry, but with all that I found, I'd say it's about 20. Sigh. And remember, all the while I'm doing/folding/putting away laundry. Jacob and I organized the blanket/bedding/sleeping bag closet upstairs.

I started unpacking the book boxes. Most of the books had been in storage since Aug of 2007. I was SO excited to see my books again. I just love books. We have ALL sorts of books. College text books, school year books, novels, kid books, referrence books, Scouting books, church books. TONS of books. I completely filled 3 shelving units with books. I have about 5 book boxes left. I hope Captain America brings home another shelving unit. Hmmmm, can't remember if we hd another one or not.

I also organized what little food storage we have. I found my brown courderoy homemade curtains, washed them, and hung them up in my room. It matches with my bedspread, and will keep the morning sunshine out so I can sleep - hehe. It's a bit dark for the room, but I think I'll find some teal/turquoise tie backs, and it'll liven it up. And match nicely with my new bedding :) I just LOVE to coordinate.

Since we (that term is used VERY loosely) cleaned all day, I got pizza for us for dinner. I'd sold the last of the couches, so I had some cash. My garage is SO much better without the king bed and box springs, full bed and box spring, 3 twins and box spring, and 2 couches. That alone will make it look better - hehehe.

I was SO tired when I got done. Well, it was 11pm. I got a lot done for the day. I worked quite a bit, but still took time to clean and get some important stuff done :) It was a GREAT Saturday.

This WordArt request is from Jenny. She's doing a layout challenge, and needed something for faithbooking, so she requested this scripture. I thought it was great :) I think I might be doing WordArt that can be used for faithbooking every Sunday. Seems like the "sunday" thing to do - LOL! But don't hold me to that. I say "think". hehehe.

Click on the image below to go to my box.net accoutn to download the pNG file, and leave some love if you like my work.

Click HERE to go to my mediafire account to download the PNG file.

FONTS:
Holy, Of, Glory - Black Jack
Lord - ChocolateBoxDecorative

16 comments:

Brenda said...

Great word art--I have a ton of pics of our praise band that this would work great with. Thanks a bunch!

She-Ra said...

Thanks for the word art sharing during all of this moving work. And moving is HARD work! You deserve something good to celebrate all that you've accomplished lately.

Rubypat said...

Thank youfor the word art. I like the idea of a Sunday Word Art from Scripture. You are so creative in your word art.

scrappurple said...

LOVE this!! It is going on my lo I am using to scrap my dh getting laid off this week ... keeps my focus where it should be. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Alpha(s),Font(s), Word Art(s) post on Feb. 22, 2009. Thanks again.

Linda said...

I'd kill for a 7:00 a.m. wake up time for my kiddos and school! My daughter, grade 2, wakes up at 5:45 a.m. to be on the bus at 6:30 a.m. She wants to ride the bus. If she wanted me to drive her (and believe me, I would, for the extra sleep!), she'd sleep in an extra hour...but nooooo, she wants to be a bus kid. Horrible, making little kids get up that early!

I would like to see the way your shoes are hung...you'll have to share a picture!

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 22 Feb [LA 07:00pm, NY 10:00pm] - 23 Feb [UK 03:00am, OZ 02:00pm] ).

xashee's corner said...

just keep thinking,'this too shall pass'. :)
you will get there and you have got done so much already!!
Thank you for sharing your WONDERFUL wa!!
Have a GREAT nigh! :)

benziengirl said...

This reminds me of the pics you took of you looking at the Cacti! Aren't God's creations amazing? Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing, this is great.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much! I know exactly where I am going to use this! Thank you for using your talent to create things that give praise to our God.
Suzi

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much! I'm bookmarking your blog so I can come back frequently!!

Anonymous said...

very nice.
thank you
~marie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the wordart!!! I just found your blog and it's great!! Thank you so much for doing these!

Anonymous said...

Love it! I always appreciate WA scripture. Thanks, Bethany!

kaitlin honkanen said...

Dear Blogger I love your word art however I saw this one and tried looking it up in my Bible and it said something different. could you please varify the Biblical context of the quote I would realy like to know which version of the Bible you used.