Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Angel Wings

Hi all! Well, Jacob's appointment went well this morning. It turns out, that running and jumping have been irritating the growth plates in his feet. Who knew? So, he got some inserts, and a note to be excused from PE (only the running and jumping part) for 2 months. Let me tell you, that was one happy kid - LMBO!

After I dropped him off at school, Jimmy and I headed off to the park to meet up with some girls from church. A lot of the girls from church regularly go on Wednesdays. So, I decided to give it a try. We had a TON of fun. Nice ladies, and Jimmy had a good time playing too :) I'm definitely working that one into my weekly routine :) Wednesday am at the park. Check.

We cut our park trip a bit short, when the rain drops started. Yep, it started pouring. Only lasted for about 20 minutes though. I think it was like the 2nd or 3rd time it's rained in the month and a half I've been here - hehehe. But, I hear it rains a lot in July/Aug.

Jimmy and I went back home, and about 15 minutes later, the FedEx man delivered my phone. Woohoo!!! I charged it, and tried to activate it, but pushed the wrong button, and ended up messing something up. It said that I had to call from a land line or other phone to re-activiate it. Oops. I had to wait for Captain America to get home. But, I played around with it for a few minutes, and it seemed pretty cool. It'll take a little getting used to, but I think I'm up for it.

Oh yeah, before I tried to activate it, Captain America called, and said that he'd got his new hand gun, but couldn't bring it on Post. He had to meet with his group for check-in in 24 minutes, and coudln't make it back home and back to Post in time. SO, Jimmy and I loaded up on the truck, and drove up for the hand off. He ended up just taking my truck, and I took his Saturn, 'cause the trucks been making some funny noises, and he was gonna have them look at it.

Jimmy and I came back home, and did a little laundry, and I read a little bit more in my book. I'm on book 3 now. Wow, it's such a great series (Twilight, by Stephanie Meyer). I chatted on Yahoo with an online friend (hi Yolanda!!!), and the kids were home. Captain America was home shortly after that. We all got a LENGHTY gun lesson, and got to hold it, and see how it works. We activated my phone, and went about the day.

Kids did homework, did chores, and Jake and Captain America got ready for scouts. Tom's scout leaders' wife just had a baby, so his meetings were cancelled. I put the little kids to bed, and designed for a while. I managed to make 3 more WordArt packs (to add to the 2 I'd made on Sunday) for Wednesday's product cut-off deadline, and watched a bit of TV with Captain America (once he got back from Scouts).

We saw that silly "filet of fish" commercial 3 times within a 30 minute period. Now I'm gonna have it stuck in my head all day - LMBO! Creepy, but funny - LOL!

Today, I get to "try" and go to the doctor again. Third times a charm, eh? We'll see if it goes as planned - hehehe. Hopefully the doctor isn't sick, and I know that "Johnny" is gone, so all should be good to go. Dumb Well Woman visit. I REALLY don't want to go, but know that it's important. Sigh. At least it's an hour, kid free - ha! The things we do for a "kid free" hour. ha!

OK, as a little preview of one of my New WordArt packs coming out Friday (Shapes Travel WordArt Pack), I'm giving you guys a CUTE pair of wings. Aren't these cute!!! I tried to use the, but decided that I kinda suck at scrapbooking - LOL! That's why I have a CT, right? So I don't have to work on getting better - hehehe. Anyway, here's the wings. Click on the links below to download the PNG file, and leaves some love if you like my work (and let me know if you like the wings :)



18 comments:

xashee's corner said...

AWESOME wa! Thank you so much for sharing! Sure hope your wellness appt. goes finally! hehe :) Have a FANTASTIC day!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much, Bethany.

BTW, once you finish the Twilight series, you really should read her "adult" novel, The Host. It's not "adult" as in obscene, just not skewed for a teen audience, as the Twilight series is.

I love those books, too, but there were a couple of things that really bothered me - seemed left out or never addressed. Maybe I'll share them after you're done.

Enjoy your "kid free" time today! ;-p

Memi said...

Bethany, your art is the BEST. Love the scrap of Eme.

Maddie said...

Haven't you already read the books once? I want to read mine again but I can't find book one since we moved..must still be packed somewhere! I have to go next week for my 6 week check, I think its about like a well woman exam..fun times! Hope all goes well..oh and lucky Jake, I would have loved that in jr. high!! OH and whats weird is we've been talking a lot about growth plates around here! Richard has a really bad bone infection and has been in the hospital all week, well the infection might have gone into his growth plate in his ankle and if it did they have to do surgery on his other ankle to stop the growth in it too, or one leg will be longer then the other! crazy eh?

Hanna said...

Thank you, like your work. The wings are so fine.

Anonymous said...

very nice indeed , great job :-) ! Thanks

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Alpha(s),Font(s), Word Art(s) post on Mar. 12, 2009. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Awww im famous now!!! Mentioned on the blog YAY!!!

Hope all went well today :) And wow you read fast if your already on book 3!!!!

:)

Yolanda

Anonymous said...

ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS!! THANKS FOR SHARING!

Samantha

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 12 Mar [LA 11:53pm] - 13 Mar [NY 01:53am, UK 06:53am, OZ 05:53pm] ).

Rubypat said...

Thanks for the angel wings - they're beautiful. Love the scrap of Eme, too.

Crissie said...

Is reading fast a bi-product of having so many kids in the house? LOL!
The angel wings are wonderful and your scrap page of Eme is great! Thanks so much!

Meg said...

beautiful! thanks!

Kay R. said...

Cool wings! Thanks!!

S said...

Thanks very much for the wings!

Anonymous said...

Very, very cool. Thank you for sharing!

Alli grins said...

What a fun idea! Thanks for sharing this and your awesome page! I'm inspired:-)

kendell said...

Awesome, thanks so much for sharing your projects.