Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Monday, January 26, 2009

Moments Themselves

Wow, what a day. Have you ever had "one of those days". Where it doesn't matter what you do, everything goes wrong. I hate those days :) Hubby and I got in an argument last night (he likes to call them "discussions", but I know what they are - LOL!). It's all worked out now, but geesh, I hate fighting. And it's always about STUPID things. Dumb little things that aren't even worth fighting about.

So, we weren't speaking when we woke up, and I ALMOST didn't go to church. Which if you know me, that's HUGE. I ALWAYS go to church. Kids have to be REALLY sick for me to stay home. I was just feeling bad. I realized later that I was feeling a bit lonely for my friends I'd left in Oregon. I had a REALLY fun group of girls that I hung out with there (and my BFF Maren!!!), and didn't like the idea of having to start all over again.

Church was nice, and I was really glad that I went. The kids were well behaved during Sacrament meeting, and were excited about meeting their teachers and their "new friends". A really nice lady named, um, I think it was Amy, introduced herself to me during Sunday School, and she even sat with us. She seemed pretty nice. She gave me her number, and said that she'd show me around town. Now, I just have to get my courage up and call her. You all know that I'm SUPER shy, and HATE making phone calls, right? HUGE phon-a-phobic. See, you didn't know that about me, did you - hehehehe.

Relief Society was nice. The lady doing the lesson passed out chocolate, which is always good - hehehe. I never quite understood that one, though. Serving in Primary (the childrens organization) for years, we were always told not to hand out food of any kind to the kids. And yet in Young Womens and Relief Society, they're getting treats and such ALL the time. Hmmmm, little bit of a double standard, wouldn't you say - I'm just saying.....

After church, Captain America was talking to someone in the chapel, and I gathered up all the kids. They were wild, and ready to go home. Jacobs teacher came up and said that she was glad that he was in her class, and that the boys were all WILD and making paper airplanes and being too crazy. Nice. Just what a mom wants to hear on the first day of Primary. We had a little chit chat on the way home, needless to say :)

Tom and Joe were fighting. Something about bumping heads, and then Joe karate kicking Tom in the leg - I don't know - I didn't get all the details. At that point, I hurriedly gathered all the kdis, and took them to the truck. I THOUGHT that Captain America would get the hint that I'd left, and come out too, but, you know men. They TOTALLY don't get hints. I'm sure he just thought that it was much quieter all of a sudden - geesh!

So, we sat in the truck for about 10 minutes and waited for him to finish his conversation and come on out. We had the "proper Sunday behavior" talk on the way home from church, and praised the ones that actually were following those rules :)

I don't think it was until about 4:00 that Captain America and I finally made up. I just HATE fighting. It's so draining. And such a waste of time. There's got to be a better way :) But, all's good now.

We managed to salvage the rest of the day. We all had dinner together, then gave the kids hair cuts. Captain America does SUCH a better job than I do - LOL! I'm not as picky on the outcome as he is - hehehehe.

The kids all got baths/showers, and went to bed at 8:30, all ready for their first day of school. And Captain America and I were able to spend a nice quite evening together.

You know, for as mad as he can make me, he can make me equally as happy. But everyone fights, right? It's not just me? You all get upset with your hubbys from time to time? Surely it's not just me :) But you know, even when I'm the maddest at him, I still wouldn't want anyone else. I think that boys are just had to deal with sometimes. Or maybe it's that they don't know how to deal with girls. Yeah, that's it. LMBO!

Sorry about my downer post today - hehehehe. I really am feeling much better, though. I bet that today will be a fantastic day!

Check out these WAY cool posters (ok, so maybe I'm thinking their a little more cool than maybe they actually are - LMBO!!) (oh yeah, Ann, that means Laughing My Butt Off) that I made for my friend Brooke. She's the Activities Chairperson for the Florence Ward (where I used to attend church), and LOVED the posters that I made for her for the Christmas Party, so asked if I would help out with the posters for the Valentine's Party. What a great idea for a dance! I SO wanna go - but I'm NOT making that drive again, even if your dance is gonna be WAY fun.




I liked the way that this one turned out. My first attempts wasn't so good - hehehe. It's funny how my WordArt evolves until I have it JUST right. But sometimes in the designing process, I just wanna scrap the whole thing. I'm glad I didn't this time. I like my finished product :) Click on the image below to go to my box.net account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work.

FONTS:
Moments - akaDora
Themselves - Caesar

17 comments:

Bobbi-Lynn said...

My dh and I are the same way - we have an awesome marriage (hence our 5 kids LOL) but we do fight at times, and he can frustrate me to no end. But the making up is a great thing LOL
Sounds like you are on your way to making some nice friends there, you can do it - you are a sweet person and everyone can see it I am sure.

Thanks for the terrific word art! Love it!

Jessica said...

Sorry about the fight, but glad that church went fairly well. Good luck working up the courage to call Amy!!! I'm sure you will. She sounds really nice.

Thanks for the WA!!

crazyscrapwitch said...

I( am really in a hurry to pick up the lil one from school, but you are releasing my pain of fighting since yesterday, so I needed to comment before I head out.
We had a bad fight again last night, and it´s still lastign tough he came home early from work he already left for helping his dad, no communication since sunday after noon ... it hurts, makes me worry about us every time, we have those bad fights. Specially since my parents werent a good picture to me fighting also his parents werent, so we never really learned how to "fight right" .... Just wanting to release my sorrow to you, and share it (its only half then right)
You are the most interesting family, you will make it there Beth... there´s no if´s only us to make you believe it;-)
go dial the number girl

Lois B said...

You have been on such a high for weeks, it is no wonder that you are having some down time now. Starting all over is not easy for anyone and right now you are missing your best friend and others bigtime!

The next few weeks are not going to be easy, but each day will bring a glimmer of hope to you. After 50 years of marriage I can tell you that there are many hills and valleys along the way. It is those trials and tribulations that actually bring you closer together as the years go by. There were times I would have gladly thrown in the towel but thankfully I didn't. Now we are two old contented grandparents enjoying our children and grandchildren as well as each other. Let me tell you it takes YEARS to train a hubby! They do mellow with age. LOL Having the Church as your central focus will help you through the years to come.

pinky said...

Sorry you had such a bad day, chin up girl it can only get better. Just remember Husbands are sent to test us.....
Pinky

Anonymous said...

You've had the huge responsibility of the day to day minute by minute care of your family the last few months. You have become stronger and more confident in your abilities but now want Brent to share with those duties and resposibilities. Brent has been removed from "family life" and now has to readjust to considering how his actions affect the other six people in his family. Keep talking and you should both be proud of how you have grown and how you and Brent's partnership can now grow.

sdwrdt said...

I'm sure part of the reason for the fight was that you're finally comfortable. You're together, and not just for a short time. Remember, it's been a while since you've actually lived together. Got to readjust (and you're also in a completely new environment!)

Brooke - in Oregon said...

oh yes we all argue, after 30 years of marriage we sill argue once in a while, not much but I still hate it too. A wise woman once told me to always argue at night naked cause you will always win! lol I don't know about that but it always made me chuckle :)

Thanks for the great wordart

xashee's corner said...

disagreements? it's called life! hehe i am soo glad that you two work it out nicely though!! BEST of LUCK with the first day of school, i bet they are all excited!! oh yes your posters came out cool!!! Thank you so much for sharing your AWESOME wordart! Hope you do have a MARVELOUS Monday! :D

Susie said...

Fight!! Hubbies & wives?!! NEVER!! hehehehe, Of Course! We all do!! And I agree with you, they sure are bummers!! Mine holds onto things FOREVER before he lets go, I just get things off my chest and think it should be over!! The word art was sure appropriate for your post today, I just loved it, so true. Thanks for sharing, have a great day!!

Krista said...

Thanks this is so true!

Anonymous said...

I agree with you. Fighting with the hubby is such a drain on your energy. Funny thing is we fight over really stupid stuff too!

Funny thing is that my husband always thinks that I start it and that I am never the first to apologize. Men!

Hope things get better as you get to know people and settle into normal life. You are so awesome and anyone would be lucky to be your friend. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you had a cruddy day. You are right it always makes you feel horrible to 'disagree'. I'm glad you were able to make up, and quite quickly I'd say. Sometimes my husband doesn't speak to me for several days. Maybe things will settle down for you some now. I hope you have a wonderful evening. I love your posters!

Rose said...

I also had a crappy weekend, almost ended up bawling in my kitchen when my son wouldn't stop whining at me, and my husband hasn't been around near enough for my liking, and when he is home I need a break so bad that I just want to leave, but then I don't get to see HIM either. Sucks. We talked though, and this week is better. I think it would be rough to have to move around a lot, i have lived in one place my whole life, so can't imagine doing that. Just remember though, your bloggie friends you can take with you wherever you go, cuz we will keep following you no matter where you live!! :)

benziengirl said...

That reminds me of a saying that my grandpa used to say...take care of the pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves. Thanks Bethany!

Gina said...

Hey there, thanks for this beautiful WA as well.
I just have to say, I'm so realting to you right now with "fighting" issue and the "shyness and feeling about talking on the phone"
Anyway, hope you have an awesome rest of the week!

MiniCooper452 said...

Honey, 27 years here and if we didn't fight, I'd mistake us for dead....naw, seriously everyone's right. Spouses fight. People fight. We're all different and we can't see eye-to-eye on everything. Think of how boring a world would be like that.
I just had to stop and tell you what your words mean to me. I don't tell you often enough, but thank you, thank you, for putting so many of my own thoughts into pices I can use on my pages. Sometimes (it's a God thing, BTW) what you've done "today" makes me cry because it's precisely what I'm feeling and what I needed. I wonder, if you're ever interested, if you'd consider doing something for me that I'd be happy for your to share. It's a little bit longer poem, but let me know if you'd even think about it.
Have a wonderful tomorrow. It'll be okay.
Love and Blessings.
Carla