Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Monday, February 23, 2009

Favorite Place

Sunday was good. I TOTALLY forgot that our ward was having our fast and testimony meeting today. Usually, during the church service, the bishopric (clergy) assigns the members to speak for 15-20 minutes on various subjects. Well, on Fast Sunday, we come fasting (going without food/water for 24 hours/2 meals), and instead of the talk, members are encouraged to come up to the pulpit and briefly share their testimony of the things they believe. Really, bearing your testimony shouldn't take very long, just a few minutes, to tell of your love of the Savior, of your belief in his gospel, and such. Stories and "thank yous" are nice, but not really what Testimony Meeting is all about.......

Anyway, so I'd forgotten, but my older boys were excited. They got breakfast. Sigh. They'll get it figured out when they're older, I'm sure. No little boys like to skip breakfast - hehehe. Heck, I don't like to skip breakfast.

After church, we watched a family movie, and I got some Scraporchard Mega designing done. We're doing a HUGE 1 year anniversary kit thing, and I ended up making 27 WordArts to go inside. OMGosh! Good thing it only comes around once a year. I was creatively wiped out when I was done.

I spent a few hours watching TV in the evening, and just really had a nice relaxing day. Oh yeah, we did find 2 boxes of living room decorations, and put those out. The kids were really happy to see some things one the walls. Jacob even said that it feels more like "our" home now. I aim to please, Jake!

Oh yeah, unrelated funny story from church. So in primary today, our theme was "God's creations bless us." The 7 turning 8 year old class (CTR 8's)'s teacher was talking about all the ways that different things bless us. She came to family, and to siblings in particular. She said "And how do brothers and sisters bless our lives?" Well, the whole primary said "They don't!" Brutal honesty, at that age - LMBO!!!

My sweetheart and my little man should be home today. VERY late, but today, none the less. I talked to Captain America yesterday, and he said that Jimmy had gotten sick, but was feeling a bit better. Poor littel guy. Sounds like the roadtrip was just too much for him. I bet he'll be glad to get back home. Well, they'll both be glad to be back home. I don't know how long haul truckers do it. I'm not much of a long distance traveler. Kudo's to my Uncle Steve!!! You ROCK!

So, a while back I was approached by Michelle, of Michelle's Angels, and offered a job at her new store as a WordArt Designer. As many of you know, I sell my products Exclusively at Scraporchard, so I had to turn her down. BUT, she agreed to do a WordArt collab with me!!! Woohoo! I just LOVE working with designer's elements and papers and kits and such. It's such a treat for me.

So, here's Michelle's kit (isn't it CUTE!)

And here's the first WordArt I made. BUT, you'll have to hop on over to her blog to get it :) She said it might not be posted till the afternoon, so just be patient. You can find her blog at
HERE. And her store can be found HERE. Go give it a look see :) And don't forget, leave her some love for letting me play with her kit :)

And, here's the WordArt that you can get on my blog. Isn't it pretty. I just LOVED the color scheme. Those dark red/maroons are FABULOUS!!! So, click HERE to go to my box.net accoutn to download the zip file, and leave some love if you like my work.

8 comments:

xashee's corner said...

BEAUTIFUL wa! Thank you so much for sharing your AWESOME talent! :) Have a FANTASTIC day!

Crazy Mom of 6 said...

It is just beautiful!! I love your work and hope to one day be able to do what you do. Thanks for sharing your talents. :)

bandwife said...

Beautiful Word Art! Thank you!

mama_wolfe said...

I am a newby to digital scrapbooking. I love this site. Thank you so much.

It's a bit longer than most of what I've seen here, but something I'd love to see as a word art is a favorite quote by Norman Vincent Peale:

Believe in yourself!
Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Alpha(s),Font(s), Word Art(s) post on Feb. 23, 2009. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 23 Feb [LA 07:00pm, NY 10:00pm] - 24 Feb [UK 03:00am, OZ 02:00pm] ).

Mara said...

Thank you I love your word art!

amsangel said...

Love your WA, thanks so much for sharing it with us!