Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Halloween

I had another busy day yesterday. Just when I think I'll get some time to design, something comes up. LOL! I knew that coming to my mom's house would keep my busy, but who knew it would be THIS BUSY! Hehehehe.

We went down to North Bend for Jacob's ball game this morning. Game started at 11, and we had to be there at 10:30. We left the house at around 9am. Jacob forgot his jersey, and only had his practice jersey. So, I taught him a nice lesson "being prepared" with natural consequences. He had to go and tell the coaches that he'd forgotten it, and try and figure something out. They made the water boy give his jersey to a larger boy, then made that larger boy give his jersey to Jacob. It wasn't ideal, but at least he had a jersey. And, after the embarassing situation, I really don't think he'll forget his jersey again :)

After the game, my parents took us out to Sizzler for dinner. It was my dad's b-day the day before, so it was his b-day dinner (just a little late - LOL!) This was one of the first times that it was hard for me to watch other people eat yummy food, while I had some lettuce and chicken. I guess it was my first watching someone elses"all you can eat" meal on this diet. It wasn't so fun, but I did PERFECT on my diet :) I'm only 5 lbs from my goal!!! Woohoo.

We briefly went to Walmart (Jake needed a sports bag for all of his gear, I needed more veggies, ect.), then we headed home. Stopped in Reedsport on the way back home and bought some fresh corn (yum!), and I cooked it up when we got back. The kids LOVED it!

I was able to go to a "girls night out" at 7pm last night. It was my first (I'd been invited several times, but didn't ever have a babysitter) time, and it was a BLAST! We each brought our favorite Fall treat (mine were ginger snaps), and made a candy corn candle craft (yeah, say that 5 times real fast), and just chatted and had fun. I really enjoyed my time :) Thanks, Maren and April for hanging out with me! You guys are a lot of fun!!!!

So, now it's 11:30 (pre-publishing, remember!), and I'm trying to keep my eyes awake long enough to post this. I still have to come up with a singing time thing for tomorrow. Hmmmm, there's time before church, right? I guess we'll see :)

Since it's getting to be fall time, and I thought I'd throw out a Halloween WordArt for you all. (I'll have a pack in my store in the next week or so) Have you noticed that all the stores are ready for Halloween? Goodness. It's still more than a month away! Anyway, click on the image below to go to my 4shared account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work.



FONT:
Halloween - OctemberScript

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello!

I love your beautiful word art! They are wonderfull! I love the message in them!

Gtz, Nel

Anonymous said...

I actually feel bad for the water boy. Those kids work hard and like to feel part of the team with their jersey on. I agree with letting kids learn their lesson but sounds like adults should help make sure there is an extra jersey available (not already on a child), someone different is bound to forget it each week and the water boy will take the hit.

a said...

Yeah, poor water boy :) I was all for making him wear his practice jersey. He'd stick out like a sore thumb. That's a great idea, though, of having an extra jersey available.

Anonymous said...

First I would like to wish your Dad a "Belated Happy Birthday!" Sounds like he had a really nice time...My grandson plays football and my heart goes out to all those little guys for how hard they all work...I think what you did in making your son tell his coach that he forgot his jersey was indeed a very valuable lesson...and for as busy as you are to keep making creatively beautiful wordart...that's priceless! THANK YOU BETHANY, THANK YOU for SHARING WITH US! God Bless You and Your family!

Anonymous said...

Cool night, decoration and pumpkins make Halloween a great time of year.