Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Having it All

Packing day was yesterday! And was a LONG day it was :) I was up at 8ish, and started to clean up my area. I packed my pants, and accessories, and my cot area (LOL!) - you'd be surprised how much stuff you can cram under a cot - hehehe.

My mom and dad went to the storage unit to grab my totes, and any boxes that we might have had. Nope, we had none. We started to call around to the local stores, looking for more boxes, but there weren't really any. I looked up the Uhaul place on line, but they were closed. Whats up with that? Don't people move on the weekends?

My dad went to the grocery store (who had said they only had about 5), and brought home about 20. Way to go, Dad! All my box issues were solved!!! They were nice ones, too. Banana boxes, so they were big and sturdy. We got all my food storage in there just fine :)

Here's my dad putting down the first layer of boxes in the trailer. My tarp is at least a 16x20, so we put part of it in the bed, then a WHOLE bunch at the front, and our plan was to wrap it over the top. Smart, eh?


Next, we packed up the kids clothes. I'd gone through the day before, and pulled out 5 days worth of clothes, so we took all the rest, and put it in totes. There were some other totes with stuff in them too. Those went on next. And some more boxes. We went from room to room, packing as we went. After we got this far in the process, we shrink wrapped it. Shrink wrap is AWESOME!!! So much fun :)

At noon, we went to Abbys Pizza for lunch. Tom had a few coupons from school, so that's where we went. Wings, Potatoes, and Pizza. Yummy. But a little bit too greasy for my liking. I had to dab them with my napkin to soak up the extra grease. Eeewh! Tasty, but eeewh! Especially with the ranch. The kids had fun "fake" playing on the video games there, and eating lunch.

Then, it was back to the house for more....guess what? PACKING! LOL! My Grandma, my Aunt Sue, and my parents were all over helping. The little kids were running amok, but they were happy and safe. Not causing too many problems :)

Here's some pics of me taking a turn with the shrink wrap when we got more packed. Nice faces, eh? Aren't I hot - LMBO!!!! Honey, here I come - hehehehe.


See, here's my dad, after we pulled the tarp over the load. Good thinkin', eh?


Here's a final picture of the trailer for last night. Tarped, bungeed, shrink wrapped, and bungee netted. I don't think this loads going ANYWHERE! hehehehe. It's in there pretty good. Today, we're gonna shrink wrap it more. It's fun - you should try it some time - hehehe.


The bikes are on the trailer tongue, tied down real good. REAL GOOD. They're not gonna budge at all. We're gonna....... SHRINK WRAP it more tomorrow - hehehehehe. Bikes and all. Yep, no Uhaul for us. Homemake all the way - LMBO!

You know, sitting here on my couch last night (pre-publishing), I'm really grateful for all that I have. My trailer is loaded, and I'm about 90% ready to pull out of Oregon. I have family around who helped me when I needed it. My kids are happy to be going to a HOUSE of our own, and so am I. I know that there will be hard times ahead. I'm not niaeve. I know this trip is gonna be hard. BUT, I'm SO excited about being together with my hubby again, in our own house, with our own stuff, as our own little family. And attitude is what it's all about. Right now, I'm pumped (tired, but pumped - I'm going to bed early - hehehe).

So, I made this WordArt, because right now, I do feel like I have it all. Life is good :) Click on the image below to go to my box.net account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!



FONTS:
The, Joy, of - StephanieMarieJF
Having, it, all - Felix Titling

22 comments:

Lois B said...

What a fantastic job of packing you did. Gotta love that shrink wrap! LOL

Wishing you all the best in your travels and praying your trip will be smooth. Soon you will all be together again :)

crazyscrapwitch said...

Very productive and effective you guys!! I hope you will be having a safe and kinda relaxing trip!! Can´t wait to hear from you .. are we going to hear from you during the trip, or when you get there)

take care and have a safe ride....
he´ll be guiding you!

Pat in Houston said...

I will be thinking of you all as you head out on your new adventure to the big city of El Paso!

Bobbi-Lynn said...

How exciting!! Love all that shrink wrap LOL It looks like you have it all packed up pretty tight - I wouldn't want to be the one trying to unwrap it LMBO!

Thanks for the word art, love it as usual.

I will be thinking of you on your travels, and pray that there are no more 'adventures' while you are on the road. ;-)

Katie said...

I don't leave you near as many comments as I should. I wanted to let you know that I'm so happy for you and your family that your dh's training is done and you get to be together again. I'm sure from your end it didn't go fast, but watching everything unfold was super-fast for me. Have a safe and fun trip! Can't wait to hear more.

Summer Loving Gal said...

Wishing you a VERY safe trip! You all did an awesome job at packing up that truck.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited, I feel like I am going along also. I love reading about everything that goes on. Good luck, god speed and a safe trip for you. I'll keep you in my prayers.

sdwrdt said...

thank you so much for taking the time to give us a wordart when you're so busy! Good luck with the trip! We'll be thinking about you!

Unknown said...

Wow, you guys did a fantastic job of packing. It really does look like you should not have a problem at all. I wanted to tell you that I frequently make the drive from Atlanta, GA to Houston, TX. It is anywhere from a 13-16 hour drive. My girls are 6 & 8 and they do great. I know you have a much longer road ahead...TX is SO darn big. You can do it, and I'm sure the kiddo's will be great for you. It will probably be one of their fond childhood memories. Just take your time, and if you need to stop the state welcome centers have become pretty awesome with nice play areas for the kids. Let them get out and burn up some of their pent up energy. I hope you have a safe trip.

xashee's corner said...

You did a GREAT job getting it all together!! WAY to go!! :D BEST of luck with a safe and quick move! i can only imagine how excited you and the children must be! i am soo excited for you! :D Thank you so much for still finding the time to share! You AMAZE me! :D Hope you find some downtime too!

Simply Sarah said...

Great packing job! Amazing you got all that in there.... drive safe!

Roelie said...

I'm impressed by your packing job, and wish you a save trip to Texas, to your loving man!

I'll be thinking of you!

nachtstern said...

omg I would be so lost having to pack that fast and complete for just myself ;)
But I am really really glad you are going to get your own house again!

I've been reading your blog for a while but never posted...
but today is A.A. Milne 's birthday (Winnie the Pooh author) and I would love to see a wordart with this quote:

"If ever there is tomorrow when we’re not together.. there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we’re apart...I’ll always be with you."

Unknown said...

Looks like you have it all shrink wrapped and good to go. I don't think it will be any where lol
nice job
thank you for the wordart.
have a safe trip

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Word Art post on Jan. 18, 2009. Please, notice that I've changed my url(and blinkie). Thanks again and Happy New Year.

Jessica said...

BEST WISHES on your LONG trip! Make it a safe one! Can't wait to hear from you once you arrive!!!

Mari said...

What a fantastic attitude to have, Bethany! I wish you a safe trip and a happy return to your own little family.

Crissie said...

How very exciting to be going "home"! I always look forward to your posts and truly enjoy feeling like one of your family. Godspeed to you!

Crystal said...

Wishing you a safe trip! Drive safe!

Anonymous said...

you are amazing... Where do you get the time to do everything.. Drive carefully

Sammi xx

Itsjuls said...

Okay so I have shrink wrap envy.... I'm wondering what I can shrink wrap just to try it.... LOL
I pray you have a safe journey! Thank you for your word art!!!!

Anonymous said...

Great job packing the trailer - but it drove me nuts when you kept calling it shrink wrap! It's STRETCH wrap! Shrink wrap would have been followed by a large heat source to shrink it down tight (like they do to boats or those kits to winterize windows with a hairdryer).