Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Difference

OMGosh! I went to my friend, Maren's house yesterday, and we made the COOLEST carmel corn....ever! It was AMAZING. Let me see if I can remember the recipe: (you'll need a BIG mixing bowl to hold all that popcorn - just so you know)

Carmel Corn:

1 1/2 cups of popcorn kernals - popped in an air popper

combine in a sauce pan:

1 cup real butter
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup light caro syrup
1 tsp salt
(food coloring, if you want COOL colors)

heat to boiling, then cook for 4 minutes.

add 1 tsp vanilla, then 1 tsp of baking soda (watch out, they will bubble and rise quite a bit)

Pour carmel mixture over the popped corn, stiring to coat all of the corn. Place on baking trays, and bake in the oven at a very low temperature for an hour. It makes a nice, crispy carmel corn. AMAZING stuff!

We did a batch of Green, Purple, Black, and Orange corn. Then, Maren mixed the colors, and put it in baggies, to hand out at our Halloween Party on Wednesday (today). I'll take some pictures tonight at the party, to put with this post. SO good!

Well, it's Wednesday again! This WordArt request comes from Christina, and I thought it would be GREAT for TONS of layouts :) Kids sure grow up fast, but so do other things around us. Change is always happening :) Click HERE to go to scraporchard to download the PNG file. Remember, you need to be logged into the Gallery to download the zip file :)

4 comments:

Dinphy said...

Very fun, thank you!

Linda said...

you should try this for fun and variety:

Jello Popcorn

8 cups popped popcorn
1 cup cocktail peanuts (optional)
1/4 cup butter/margarine
3 Tbsp. light corn syrup
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar or granulated sugar
1 pkg. (4-serving size) Jello, any flavor

Preparation

1. LINE 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil or wax paper. Spray with no-stick spray; this is VERY important! Toss popcorn and peanuts (optional) in large bowl, again, make sure to spray with no-stick spray; set aside.

2. PLACE butter and syrup in small saucepan; cook on low heat until butter is melted. Add sugar and gelatin; stir until gelatin is completely dissolved. Bring to boil on medium heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes. Pour immediately over popcorn mixture; toss to coat well. Spread into prepared pan, using 2 forks to spread evenly.

BAKE at 300°F for 10 minutes. Cool. Remove from pan. Break into small pieces.


This is yummy, sweet, and fun for kids. I made red/white/blue popcorn for 4th of July (plain for white). You could make orange/green for halloween, or red/green for Christmas...wonderful pastel mix for Easter, too!

Anonymous said...

The popcorn sounds fabulous. I'm just wondering if microwave will work since I don't have an air popper?

Dawn Zorer said...

Yummy, thanks i have made it twice already.
Dawn Z