Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

You Light Up My Life

Another busy day at the Harty/Winona household :) Kids came home at 3:45, Eme needed picked up from cheerleading at 4:30, Jake dropped off at football at 5:00, Tom dropped off at football at 6:15, then Jacob picked up at 6:30, then Tom picked up at 7:15. My goodness! I have a greater respect/pity for all of you "soccer moms" out there - LOL!

I must say, that I'm SO enjoying this new training that my hubby is in. I've talked to him every day since last Thursday! He got his cell phone back on Saturday, and still has it! We talked 3 times today :) This is gonna be a much nicer training, I can already tell :)

He did really well on his PT (physical training) test today. They have 2 minutes to see how many PU (push ups), SU (sit ups), and how fast they can do a 2 mile run for their test. They get a certain number of points, based on a scale of 100 per area. So, a total of 300. He scored a 268. Well done, sweetheart!

From what I've gathered so far, the process is this: At about 6 weeks in, the men get to choose their "MOS", or "jobs" (I think that's what it's called). There's a list of about 180 openings. The higher you score on all of the tests, the more accumulative points you will receive. At the 6 weeks, the guy with the highest score picks first. Then, it goes on down the line. If you get to the bottom of the open list, and there's still guys left over (an no openings), they go back to enlisted, and don't become officers. No pressure, or anything!

But, he also said that he THINKS that at about 7 weeks, we'll get our station orders, and know where we'll be moving!!! We won't actually move until the end of the training time, but we'll actually KNOW where we'll be. That will be SO nice to be able to plan :) I LOVE to make a plan - hehehe. So, now you're all caught up on my CRAZY life :) hehehe.

This WordArt request was left on my blog as a comment, but no name was left. This person said that this song was played at their wedding, 30 years ago! I hope you enjoy it :)

Click HERE to go to Scraporchard to download the zip file (remember, you have to be logged into the Gallery to get the download), and leave me some love if you like my work :)

2 comments:

Beta Bernardo said...

I love your work!!! Everything is beautiful, delicate, sensible.
You're a kind of inspiration to me.
Thanks 4 share.
Regards

Anonymous said...

Your work is wonderfull! Really! I hooked at your site! Really! I try to check it out every day!

Keep up the good work!