Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Game

Not sure what happened to this post. I just noticed, with a bit of help, that it was MISSING??? Where could it have gone??? Anyway, here's the WordArt, and if you happen to find a lost post, please let me know - LOL!!

Woohoo!!! Thanks so much to :

Mandy, Roelie, Dottie, Sarah, Kim, Gail, Becky, Sally, Cathy, Tzigane, Trina, and Jaimee :

for sending me the original post from their email. See, my blog may be haunted, but I'm tricker than that silly blogger poltergeist! Ha!



OK, you know how busy I normally am? How I keep going and doing and doing and going ALL DAY LONG? Well, yesterday, I just sat home and did NOTHING. OMGosh, it was so boring - LOL! We didn't have to be up at a certain time, but I couldn't stay in bed much past 7am. Creature of habit, I guess. All my girls had other things going on, so no walking.

Kids were all home, and wanting to play on electronics, but trying not to ask about it too much, for fear of losing the privileged. They knew they could play at 9am, but it seemed to be taking forever. Seriously, I don't even know what we did all day long. I know that I finished Twilight, and started New Moon. I'm about 100 pages into it. I took a nap on the couch. Well, tried to. You can imagine how it is to nap on the couch with little kids running amok. Yeah, not too effective. But I gave it a valiant effort, none the less :)

Jimmy was messing around near my end table yesterday, and knocked off my HUGE vase that Captain America made in college, and it came crashing down, shattering. I wasn't so happy about that. Jimmy knew he'd done something TERRIBLE, and sent himself to his room. He laid on his bed, and fell asleep, giving himself a 2 hour nap. That was kinda nice. Except for the ruined vase. Sigh. Again, why can't they trash things I don't like?

After all day long of nothing to do, I decided that we need more structure this summer. I need to come up with a plan. Sure, they'll be down time. Scheduled blocks of time of nothing to do. But not the whole day of nothing to do :)

At 5pm, we headed out to Day Camp. Captain America stayed home with most of the kids, and Tom and I went with Andrea and Sam (10 yrs old). It was another good day of day camp. The boys learned about German, did Archery again, made cool neckerchief slides, wrote stories using Indian markings, and learned about safety. Our pack did the closing flag ceremony, and Tom got to be the Caller. He was pretty proud of himself.

I wanted to go walking when we got home at 9:30pm, but Captain America was on the computer with his brothers. Sigh. My house is VERY echo-y, and all I could hear was battle sounds. They were playing battlefield. Sigh. And people smack talking each other. Not my idea of what to come home to. And the stray profanity, which I'm NOT at all happy about (not coming from my DH's mouth, at least). I try to keep in mind that it's how he "bonds" with his brothers, since they live in St. Louis area, and he lives in Texas, and getting together on the server is the only way to interact. But boys, I want to see my hubby. He's been in class ALL DAY LONG. I kinda miss the man. Maybe I'm just being selfish. And jealous. But I'll tell you this much. I wasn't too happy.

And my head was starting to hurt. And I was hungry from being on day 4 of my diet. And I may or may not be PMS-y. Yeah, not a good combo. Anyway, on to more happy things :)

This request is from Dara. Well, actually it's from her 8 year old. It was SUCH a cute email that I'm gonna share with you all :)


Bethany:

Got a kinda strange request for you.

My son & I were in a sports store and he saw a quote on the wall.

He turned to me and said, "Mum, do you think that lady who lives in Texas on the military base with the cannons could make this saying?" When I gave him a "huh?" look he added, "You know, the lady who makes that good wording. You check her website every morning!" Blink ... Ah, Bethany's site - okay, gotcha. :-)

They do pay attention, eh? :-)

With baseball season wrapping up for my son, it seems really "fitting" because they're in double-elimination rounds. I think that's why when he saw it he liked it ... though maybe he also likes Vince Lombardi. :-)

"We didn't lose the game, we just ran out of time" - Vince Lombardi

Oh, yeah, in reading this over, my son said "Mum, you didn't thank her!" He's right ... thanks for not only doing the great "wording" [fonts!] but also for accepting quote suggestions. He loves seeing photos of the "cannons" [anything military; he knows their names, but they all blur together for me] you post, too.

What a SWEET email :) Thanks so much :) So, just for you, my friend, here's the Vince Lombardi quote! We all run out of time, every now and again :)


5 comments:

Michelle from MD, USA said...

Thanks Bethany, I got it this time! LOL You're the greatest!!

Rose said...

how strange, I downloaded it off the original post, so it must be floating in cyberspace somewhere!!

bj said...

thanks bunches for sharing!

Anonymous said...

You could make this one in the singular (wouldn't have to be a quote) - it would be great for family game night maybe!

I like the style of this one! Thank you!

Michelle said...

Hehehe...I followed a post from another blog to DL this WA yesterday, but couldn't find it. I was getting very frustrated & finally gave up! I'm glad to know it wasn't just me losing my mind! Thanks for sharing all your great creations!