Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Saturday, January 30, 2010


I woke up feeling sick this morning. Not so sick that I was puking or anything, but just not feeling right. I somehow managed to get the kids to school, and while I was dropping them off, I chatted with Andrea for a while.

She knew that I was supposed to go grocery shopping today, and I was trying to convince myself that I should just go later, and go home and take a nap. She talked some sense back into me, and reminded me that it was payday, and that the commissary would just get more and more busy the longer I waited. Crap. She was right.

I went back home, and took a shower, and got ready for the day. I did fell better after a shower. I put on cute clothes, fixed my hair, put on make up and perfume and jewelry. I looked cute - ROFL! It was 9:30 or 10am before I left the house. It was gonna be busy at the commissary. I first stopped by the license/registration place on post. Luckily, I found the same guy who took care of us when we first moved on post. I was in and out in 10 minutes. $152 poorer, but at least it was fast and painless, right? 2 vehicles and one trailer. Sigh.

I got all the food on my list, minus the yogurt. They were out of ALL yogurts, for some reason. I don't know if their freezer/fridge went out of what. The whole section was bare. Odd. I even found some Jet Dry window spray for $0.39 a bottle, some dishwasher tablets for $4.00 for 90, and some Spray and wash, a GIANT refill bottle plus regular size bottle for $3.50. GREAT deal.

The line was pretty long, but moved pretty fast. Which is good. At least they get extra checkers on pay day. Unlike Walmart, that still only has 2 or 3 open. I like that about the commissary. They take into account the busy times, and plan accordingly.

I got home, got the food unloaded, got the groceries put away, and went down to take a nap. I was feeling SO sleep. I laid carefully so it wouldn't mess up my hair or make up, and ended up sleeping for 30 minutes. I woke up to the sound ofCaptain America and Jacob in the kitchen. So much for my nap.

Captain America was home from 12:30 to 1:30pm, and after his lunch break, I went back to my room to play on my computer, or something. Not sure what I did. At 2pm, my Visiting Teachers showed up. I TOTALLY forgot that they were coming. The house was messy. I hate that.

At least it wasn't trashed. There were blankets in the living room, the couch pillows were all over, it needed swept, there were dishes laying around, but it wasn't TOO bad. Oh well. This is the real me, I guess. They didn't seem to mind :)

At 3pm, Andrea and I went to the school to pick up the kids. She needed to talk with a teacher, so I stayed with all the kids at the playground until she was done. It took a lot longer than she expected, and we were all ready to go by the time she came out :)

The school counselor had told us all that there wasn't busing available. Sigh. SO, we're gonna have to drive off post to drop off the kids, and who knows what we're gonna do for pick up. It's a MAD house out front. No parking, either. Plus, we also read in the paper that next month, Jeb Stuart gate (the one we go out to pick up the kids) is going to be close at 3:30pm. Yeah, there's not time to get the kids and be back home before that. We're gonna have to drive all the way around, outside of post, to a different gate, to get back inside. I KNOW that's more than 2 miles. You know, because of the "if you don't live farther away than 2 miles, we won't bus your kids" policy. What a mess.

I got home from school, and started on dinner. And got the kids to do their chores. I made vegetable and sausage soup. It smelled pretty good. The kids were fighting pretty bad, so I imposed a "no electronics" rule on the big kids. That shut them up real quick.

At 5pm, Andrea and I went to JoAnns fabrics, just to look around. I think she needed to get out of the house. I can totally understand that. I told the kids that if the house was clean, and if they were all happy and nice when I got home, that the band could be lifted.

I started to feel pretty sick while we were walking around. Chilled, and weak tummy, and generally nasty. I'd taken a migraine pill before I'd left, because my neck was feeling tight, and I just KNEW there was one coming.

I made it home just in time. I really felt bad. The kids seemed to be all fine, and I lifted the "no electronics" ban, got some hot cocoa, some hot herbal tea, my "Daybreak" mini series, and retreated to my room. Jake and Jim came in frequently to check on me, and it felt good to relax.

Captain America came home at 8:30pm, and put the kids to bed. It's not 9:30pm, I'm done designing, done blogging, and I'm gonna go lay down. Maybe with a LONG nights rest, I'll feel better. Pray for me :)

I know it's supposed to be a "rewind" saying today, but I'm not feeling too great right now. I just wanted to do something easy and get it done. I'm feeling kinda nauseous. Not good. Not good at all. Maybe if I just lay down and go to sleep, it'll be better.....

Click on the links below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!


Astrea said...

Thank you very much,I used your WA on my blog, is it allowed?

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the CraftCrave DigiFree search engine today (look for timestamp: [30 Jan 02:00pm GMT]).

Jeanann said...

Thanks so much for the word art. I hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 10 post on Jan. 30, 2010. Thanks again.

Bianca said...


Get well soon and thanks for todays WordArt! Love it.

Greetings from Germany, Bianca

Sharon-shutterbug said...

Awwww, I'm so sorry you're feeling yukky! Get better soon!
Thanks for the awesome WA!

Chari said...

Thank You for this word art Freebie! A link will be placed on our Freebies Page at persnicketyprints.com

Bec said...

I hope you are feeling better.

Sue said...

I hope you feel better soon. Thanks for the delightful word art! :)

Kathi B said...

Thank you! This freebie has been posted at All Things Digital Scrapbooking.

Linda said...

You're lucky...our commissary doesn't take payday into consideration. It doesn't open till 10, and is closed on Mondays. even if it's payday.

Oh, and we live at a BCT post, so don't even try to get to the commissary on a Thursday (Family day) or Friday (graduation day). That leaves Tuesday or Wednesday...you will never catch me there on a Saturday (because that's when no one works so everyone shops, right?).

I live off post (45 minutes away) so I shop locally...until I run out of meat in the freezer. Hope you're feeling better.