Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Desserts



Hey howdy hey, girls! How goes it this fine day? Well, I hope :) Friday was pretty good for me. Although I seemed to have been suffering from PMS all day long. Let me tell you, PMS with Prozac is definitely manageable, but still not pleasant...

Anyhow, Captain America Skyped me as the kids were getting ready for school, and I laid in bed and chatted with him. LUckily the kids are pretty self sufficient, and managed to get themselves ready and out the door on time. Good job, kids!

AND, he told me that he called the post office, and THEY FOUND HIS MP3 PLAYER!!! It was about the same size as the candies (peppermint patties) that I'd put in the box, and the same color, and must have fallen out in the post office, and they had it set aside for when someone called about it. YES!!! Thanks goodness. I was SO relieved!

Captain America took a picture of himself in the St Patricks junk I sent- hehe. Good job at humoring me, sweetie - hehe :)

And I was supposed to stop and get ready for exercise group at 8am (only giving me 10 minutes), but I was just having too much fun talking with my sweetie. And at 8:45am, we were done talking. And yeah, I'd totally missed exercise group. And I was supposed to take Kari and Laurie. Oops. I'm sure that they'd understand :) So I texted them both, explaining what happened, got Jim ready, and we headed out to the Dollar Tree for Bread, and Howdys for a drink. hehe.

I got 4 loaves of Bread at the Dollar Tree, all of the Natures Own that they had. I was totally gonna get some for Kari/Terra, but they didn't have enough. Sorry, girls! I found some cute mini cup cake papers for Easter, and decided to get them, along with some Jelly Beans. I was gonna use my leftover cookie doughI to make cookies for our luncheon today.

And we paid, and while at the check out, the lady TOTALLY tried to upsale me at the register. They do that frequently here in El Paso. "You want lotion for dry hands?" No, thank you, but I appreciate you pointing out my dry hands... *add sarcasm*...

And then we headed to Howdys. Jim had got a treat at the Dollar Tree, and I told him this was Mom's treat - hehe.


I'm teaching him well!~

And back in the car, and back to post. Singing the whole way, of course...


I texted that picture of me with the Howdys fountain to Charlotte, and somehow included a Local EL Paso number in the mix. Oops. Someone texted back and said "Wrong number, dude". Nice, not only did I butt dial someone a photo, but they thought I was a dude! ROFL!

And I was texting Charlotte back and forth song titles that were on my CD, and when it got to "The Thong Song' from the Glee Album, I accidentally texted Kari! AHHHH!!! So I texted Kari "Let me see your thong"... And realized that I'd done, and quickly wrote explaining what was going on. I felt SO silly, but my friends are used to it, and love me still - hehe.

Check out the pretty make up that I got at the Dollar Tree!
Jim watched some episodes of Kim Possible, and I started cooking. First, Cookie Dough. You can find the recipe HERE> I had left over from yesterday. I put a little cookie dough into the mini cup cake papers, then put them all on a cookie sheet. And they baked up nice and fluffy, and before they cooled, I shoved a Jelly Bean in the center. Kinda fun, huh?

I cooked some food for lunch too. Not sure what it was, but it sure looked good! hehe. I don't even know how to pronounce it. I know that Andrea had bought a box mix one time, and it was couscous, or something like that, so I got one, and I got this one too. And it sat in the cupboard forever.

The directions said to boil 1 cup of water, then pour over wheat stuff and season packet in a bowl, and cover and let sit in the fridge for 30 minutes. I almost had that much time. It sucked up the water pretty fast.

Then I added diced up leftover rotisserie chicken, diced up fresh tomatoes, and diced up cucumbers (no peels). And a Tablespoon of Lemon juice. And a Tablespoon of oil. And mixed it up, and put it back in the fridge. And the colder it got, the better it was. Next time, making it the next day would be FANTASTIC.
I applied a fresh coat of make up, got Jim ready, grabbed all my stuff, and headed for the car. And dropped Jim off at the bus. Just barely. But I did make it :) Bringing the Bus Driver treats ALWAYS helps, you know - hehe.
Me singing something or another.... Yeah, must have been an "angry" song - LOL!
And got to Terra's house, and visited with Kari and Laurie and Terra. It was a pretty fun lunch. They all wanted to know what my salad thing was, and I couldn't for the life of me remember what the name of it was. I knew that Andrea had made something like it, so I texted her the picture, and was like, "What's this?". And she texted back "Egg Salad?". Yeah, egg salad. And the name stuck. ROFL!

I worked on a project for my buddy Aimee, and got her sons b-day invite done, and put the laptop away. And mostly we just chatted. Laurie had to leave for a little kids b-day party, and Maggie came around 12:30pm.

Terra sells Sentsy, and we had an "impromptu" party. She pulled out all the scents, and we picked out what we wanted from the catalog, and Kri and Maggie and I ended up with Scentsy! I decided to get a big warmer. Maybe I'll like it better than the plug in ones. You remember my story about the cockroach, right?
I picked out this full sized warmer, Charlemagne (LOVE the Flur De Le - yeah, didn't spell it right, I know). And 3 bars. Kamu Kamu, some kind of apple pie cinnamon thingy, and the love one. That kinda smells like Victoria Secret lotion. You know which one I'm talking about. I think it was just over $40. Not too bad, right? I'm excited for it.

Kari
Maggie and her daughter, Hannah
And Terra and I

We left Terra's house around 3pm, and I headed for the bus. But not before loading all my crap back in the car, and taking 2 2 liters of Coke Zero home. Her in-laws had bought it, and she doesn't drink it. Um, yeah, I think us Hartys can finish it off...

I got Jim from the bus, and headed back home. And only had 30 minutes till Jake got off the bus, then another 30 minutes until Tom, Eme, and Joe got off the bus. I did some chores, and straightened up a little, and did some laundry. I'm ALMOST caught up. Almost.

And we drank our Soda...


Don't you wish I was your mom/daughter/sister/friend?




My kids will have MAD self portrait and soda skills by the time they're adults, don't you think? ROFL!

Jake got all of this things packed, and at 4:40pm, we loaded up in the truck, and drove over to the church to drop him off for his campout. They were going to the Tom Mays unit, over on Transmountain, where the girls and I hike!

I think he was excited about going, because as we were filling out paperwork and permissions slips, he was being handsy with people, and kept teasing Tom. I finally got so frustrated that I just left. Sigh. At least it was because he was happy. Grouchy and annoying is the worst - hehe.

We headed home, and had a VERY nice evening. We had leftovers for dinner, and the kids played outside after chores. I did about 3 more loads of laundry.

Joe and Jim played with the neighbor kids in the driveway for quite a while, and Eme went to play at the park with her friend, Estephanie. They played vollyball and soccer and hopscotch and had a WONDERFUL time.

Tom played his computer for a little, and I kicked him out of the house to play with Noah, the neighbor kid. It really was a good evening.

And I made some giant cookies for dessert. Because I was craving some chocolate. I added chocolate chips to the rest of the cookie dough, and made some BIG cookies, then frosted them with cream cheese frosting. I decided that PMS didn't count as a cheat, so I had 3. Yeah, WAY too much. But they were SOOO good. As long as I don't continue the dessert overeating, then I'm good. I can have 3 big cookies every once in a while and not blow my diet completely. Help me believe this.... :)


At 7:45pm, it was getting dark, so I made the kids all come inside, and they watched 2 episodes of Darkwing Duck, and I blogged. Then I put the little kids to bed, and Tom and I are just starting an episode of Chuck. And I'm done blogging, and am gonna go snuggle with Tom :) Night, all!

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and eave some love if you like my work. Thanks!

4shared
box.net

Mmm, looks LOVELY Sharon! Pass the chocolate to me!


5 comments:

Shelly said...

Of course, it doesn't count if you cheat on sweets while you're having PMS. It's purely and truly medicinal at that time of the month. lol The trick is to get right back to eating correctly when the PMS monster is gone.

Kudos to Brent for showing off his St. Patty's gear. :) He's a great sport.

Thank you for the fun word art. Do I see a connection to the PMS eating theme here? lol

Sandy_in_MD said...

It definitely does NOT count when you are having PMS. LOL at the "MAD self portrait and soda skills"! Thanks for today's word art.

Jim said...

Mmm . . .tabbouleh is awesome! It's a Lebanese salad, usually made with cracked wheat, parsley, and diced tomatoes. I planned on making some this week for the first time (I've only had my mom's before).

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [27 Mar 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

deb said...

Perfect word art! Thank you!