Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Feather in your Cap

Morning, you guys :) Today was a good day. It was funny, I was SO excited to snuggle with "laundry man" and when I woke up, he was clear on the other side of the bed. I must have been rough with him. ROFL! Poor "laundry man". Got any better names for him???

Captain America was on Facebook when I woke up, and I messenged him for a bit. Then hurried and got ready for the dentist. And made sure the kids were up and doing well, and I headed out.

It was funny, because the dental assistant was like, Oh, we'll hurry and get you out of here. I was like, Um, yeah, take your time! I'm pretending like it's a spa for my teeth - ROFL! She thought that was funny :)

They fitted my crown, and I was on my way. I wasn't supposed to eat solid foods for the day. But I think I forgot.... Ok, so I know I forgot. Oops :)

On the way home, I stopped by Walmart and picked up the supplies for Tom's science project. He wanted to do the same one from last year. And at this point, I don't even care. So I got some plants, and some containers to hold them in, and some things to water them with. I picked up a few other things, and I headed home.

I had about an hour to cook mini pizzas, get the kids ready, and bake some cookies. I'd bought the refrigerated dough yesterday. But you know what? Those cookies don't look pretty. Maybe the stuff in the tube is better? Those little squares taste good, but look funky.

We got the water bottles, and the flavor packs, and the pizzas, and the cookies, and the presents, and all of the stuff together, and loaded in the truck. And the kids loaded. Jim, once again, couldn't understand why he needed shoes. LOL. Cause it's winter, silly boy! Sunny and 54, but still!

We had one table with gifts, and one table with food. And we all had SO much fun!!! Kari and kids, Rebecca and kids, Veronica and her kids, Maggie and her kids, Terra and kids, Liz and kids, Kim and kids, Erin and kids, and me and my kids were all there. That's like 28 kids, give or take a few. Some of the older ones weren't there :)



Liz and I
Align Center
Terra and I
Maggie and I
Erin and I
Me and Kim
We ate, and let the kids play for about an hour, then had the kids pass out the presents to the people they'd bought for. And they all opened them up in a big mass of confusion. It was awesome. Everyone seemed lot love what they got :) ($5 price cap, remember) Jake got candy. He was THRILLED. Tom got a $5 bill and some candies. Eme got some Sterling Silver earrings. Joe got a set of G.I Generic action figures. And Jimmy got gum (SUPER happy) and a Cards Uno game. It was a super awesome Christmas tradition!

All the kids headed home, and Kari and I ended up staying and chatting longer. Her parents were in town for a long time, and I've missed her! We needed to catch up. But she needed to go home and take a nap, because they'd been running and running and running all week long. And yeah, that sounded like a good plan. hehe.

So I went home, and I took a nap too! Oh yeah it was nice. I woke up refreshed, and almost put up my Christmas decorations! Aren't you proud of me! hehe :) I went out with the kids for a little while, but they had trashed the house. And they were everywhere. Playing video games. And being noisy. So yeah, that didn't last long. I installed iTunes and stuff on my phone, and synced it with my computer.

Then went to take a bath. Nice and relaxing. See the theme for the day? Relaxing and hiding. LOL. By 7pm, the kids were being really loud. And I needed a break. I needed to go for a trip somewhere. hehe. I decided to try the PX and see if they had an anti-barking collar. Because I as SO tired of Boxer barking at everyone/everything that walked by. Maybe this would help.

I headed out, and Leo and Joe decided to go to Leo's house. And I noticed a box on the front porch! It was my Miche rewards box! Score!!! I threw it in the car, and then got a text from Veronica. I'd brought home a dish of hers from the party, and she said that she had a cheesecake she needed to get rid of. And thought of us. hehe.

They're going to California for Christmas. So we swapped. The dish for the cheesecake. Pumpkin spice cheesecake, even. Yum!!! And then I headed to the PX. And nope, they didn't have the anti-bark collar. So what now? I wasn't ready to go home... So I went to Walmart.

And yeah, EVERY parking spot was taken. Not a good sign. I finally found one, and went straight to the dog isle. I found a harness collar, and an anti-barking collar. And paid in the electronics section. I still had to wait for about 4 people. But it was better than the HUGE lines up front. Then I headed out.

I wanted to give it one more shot, and see if anywhere in El Paso had the iPhone dock extenders. Best Buy was my best bet. Cause the Apple store sure didn't. And nope, Best Buy didn't either. I told the guy that they should have it. That he would look into it, and talk to whoever was in charge. hehe. He was like, yeah, I know. They don't listen to me. ha!

So, defeated (hehe), I headed home. I came back on post, and worked for WAY too long getting the harness collar on the dog. Those things are tricky. And the directions and useless. I eventually figured it out. And the dog seemed MUCH happier with the harness on. His rash on his neck came back. I looked at the anti-bark collar, and decided to look at it more later. Tomorrow.

I went in my room to blog, and the kids were watching Phineas and Ferb on Netflix. I said they could stay up until the movie was over. Jake came home from whoever's house he'd been at (hehe) - I think it was Justin's, and I put all the kids to bed.

It's now 11:30pm. I'm finishing up this episode of X-Files. Then I'm gonna go sleep. I have a therapy appointment for myself in the morning. And we are working out with Rebecca at 10. Then going to a park with the kids. Should be a good time! Christmas is coming, closer and closer each day!!!

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!


Cute! Never would have thought to use it with Disney pictures!!! Wonderful job, Sharon!!! Glad to see you are feeling a tad bit better!!!


1 comment:

Shelly said...

The way you worded your paragraph about going to the PX for a bark collar made it sound like you wanted the collar for the kids at first. lol

Thanks for the nice word art. Hugs!!!