Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Heaven

So we're playing Twitter/Facebook tag, and I kinda suck at it - ROFL! I kept looking at my fan page, and it was only showing things that I'd posted, and not things that EVERYONE had posted, so I didn't see when I was tagged. Sorry for holding up the game, for like 5 hours - ROFL! I guess I WAS on my date at the time. hehehe.

SO, if you wanna play, just click HERE for the start of the game. Ziggle Design has the first piece :) Enjoy!

First off, I have to tell you about my tongue. I know, that's nasty. We shouldn't be talking about our tongues. Just hear me out :) SO, I wake up and my tongue feels weird. Like I've been sucking on something metallic. I thought that if brushed my teeth, it would feel better, but no. It was still weird. Kinda swollen feeling. I kept waiting for it to get better, and it felt like that ALL day long. And I was kinda itchy on my upper chest/throat area. Not terribly, but once I start itching, it gets worse. OK, so diagnose me. What's wrong with me? hehehe. And don't say that I'm just weird. Because we already know that :) Any thoughts?

So, remember my nice relaxing day planned for Friday? Well, you be the judge... I was up at 7am, getting the kids ready for school. Everyone was EXHAUSTED from the movie the night before. Poor Joe didn't want to get up at all. Eme needed woken up (she's usually awake before I get up). I'll have to think twice about letting the kids go to the movies on a school night.

Anyway, the left for school at 7:30am. Because the gate was open. For a while :) I sat down on my computer, and worked on a new food menu for the kids. A healthy one. LOTS more healthy. I found healthy snacks, healthy dinners, and made a menu. And edited the shopping list. Which is set up by isle in the commissary. I know, anal. BUT, it saves on time for shopping.

It took a SUPER long time to do, though. I probably doesn't sound like a lengthy process, but it sure was. Captain America woke up at 9am, and he was disappointed that I hadn't gone shopping yet. I was too, but I didn't like being told that. I was exhausted from the long week, and I was hungry too. We were out of milk, out of splenda, out of fruit, out of spices. Out of lettuce, and salad, and carrots, and most of the diet type food that we eat regularly.

Captain America also told me that he needed to go to work for few hours today. Sigh. So much for a day off. I was looking forward to a lazy day at home with my husband.... SO, I called Andrea and made plans to go to the commissary with her. Because it was going to be PACKED because it was payday. Payday at the commissary is a time avoid. Trust me. The lines are horrendous!

Anyway, I asked if she wanted to come, and she said give her 30 minutes to get ready. So I took a shower, cause it'd been a while - ROFL! Then, right before Captain America was ready to go to work, he said that he wanted to drop the car off at Saturn to get it fixed. Sigh. That threw off my plan for shopping. I called Andrea back, and told her to give me an hour, then we'd go.

So I took Captain America to Saturn, who said that they could fix the car for $205. At least I had that much put into the "Fix the Vehicles" fund. It was the ignition switch that was bad. When it goes, it throws a code to the computer that the car is being stolen, so it won't start. It happens when it's cold outside. So if it's a chilly morning, Captain America's car won't start, and he can't get to work. Not the most convinent thing to happen, wouldn't you say :)

I drove to Andreas house after dropping Captain America off, and we decided to go to lunch first. Because, you know, we needed to keep our strength up - ROFL! And, we wanted to go somewhere good. LOL! So we picked Olive Garden. Because that's good - hehehe. We got the unlimited soup and salad bar (0nly $5.99). I just LOVE their potato/sausage soup. One of you gave me the recipe, and I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but I'm gonna!

I ordered a "salad to go" for Captain America, since he was stuck at the battery. We dropped if off after lunch. He seemed very happy to have it :) Love ya, honey!

Next, it was on to the commissary. And it didn't disappoint, crowd wise - hehhe. It was packed. BUT, they did have everything that I needed, so that was good. AND, by the time I reached the line, it wasn't that back. Only about 4 people in front of me. When we first got there, it was backed up to the dairy isle. 4 people is MUCH better than that.

Oh yeah, when Andrea and I were in the soda isle, we ran into Katy. And it was awkward. She looked at the ground and kept on going, and we didn't make eye contact either. Sigh. I think smiling and nodding would have been less weird. Oh well. What do you do? Just because I didn't want to be her friend (because of things she said about my husband) didn't mean that I wanted to pretend that she didn't exist. I've never been in a situation like this before..... Awkward....

Anyway, we took the groceries home (I was riding with Andrea, and my truck was at her house - she dropped me off at my house), unloaded them ,and put them away. I individual serving sized out the cereal, and a few other things. It took about an hour to get it all put away. Oh yeah, and I barely came in under budget for shopping! I have $200 for the week budgeted, and it was $198. That's pretty close! Healthy food costs more than non-healthy food, I think. Last week, I only spent $160. That's kinda a big difference.

At 3pm, I walked down to Andreas house, and was gonna get my truck, but ended up riding to school to get the kids with her :) We went in and helped get the kindergarteners/1st graders, and brought them to the back. The Military Liaison was there, and was talking about a note that went home with the kids today.

The kids can't walk to school any longer, but can still be dropped off at the back gate for a few more days. Until the 29th. OK, I can handle that. And, she was pretty sure that there was going to be busing. Awesome! I'm excited :)

Andrea dropped Eme off at the house, and took me and Tom and Joe to our Truck at her house. They wanted to come with me to give Captain America his snack at the battery. It was about 4pm. He said that he'd text me when he was ready to come home, and that we'd go and get the Saturn. Sounded good to me.

I got home finally, and made dinner. Healthy dinner. Do you want my recipe? It was SOOOOO good. Well, I liked it, anyway :)

Hamburger Buddy
  • 3 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
  • 2 medium carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
  • 10 ounces white mushrooms, large ones cut in half
  • 1 large onion, cut into 2-inch pieces
  • 1 pound 90%-lean ground beef
  • 2 teaspoons dried thyme
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium beef broth, divided
  • 8 ounces whole-wheat elbow noodles, (2 cups)
  • 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, or chives for garnish
Preparation
  1. Fit a food processor with the steel blade attachment. With the motor running, drop garlic through the feed tube and process until minced, then add carrots and mushrooms and process until finely chopped. Turn it off, add onion, and pulse until roughly chopped.
  2. Cook beef in a large straight-sided skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the chopped vegetables, thyme, salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, until the vegetables start to soften and the mushrooms release their juices, 5 to 7 minutes.
  3. Stir in water, 1 1/2 cups broth, noodles and Worcestershire sauce; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
  4. Whisk flour with the remaining 1/4 cup broth in a small bowl until smooth; stir into the hamburger mixture. Stir in the sour cream. Simmer, stirring often, until the sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes. Serve sprinkled with parsley (or chives), if desired.

It was like Hamburger helper. I used whole wheat noodles, and you know what, the veggies really cooked down, so the kids didn't even really notice them. I did, and they tasted wonderful! It was yummy :)

Captain America texted me at 5:30 to come and get him. Saturn closed at 6pm. We'd better hurry. I left the kids, all fed and happy playing Wii, and headed to the battery, got him, and headed to Saturn. The interstate was SO backed up, we just took the frontage road. Still busy, but not as bad. We got there with 3 minutes to spare. Pfew! We paid our bill (only $162 - how often does THAT happen), and bought a dash cover for the Saturn (only $10), and were on our way. It was 6:30 by then, and Captain America was hungry. We were close to a BBQ place, so we went in and got some food.

He got some turkey, and we shared some cole slaw, and we got a chocolate cake with flan on top, and some pudding. I'd already eaten at home, so it was just dessert for me. I was full. I decided that I like flan as chocolate cake frosting - ROFL! I just don't enjoy it by itself :) Sorry, Andrea...

After dinner, we went to Best Buy to look at car stereos. (We took Captain Americas car, and left mine at the BBQ place) Captain Americas stereo's code got messed up when we switched batteries while back, and Saturn wanted to charge us $50 to re-set it. That's ridiculous! We wanted to see how much a new car stereo would cost. He HATED his old one, anyway. So we priced it out, then headed to the movies.

2012 was playing at the dollar theater. Captain America hadn't seen it yet, and it was the only thing vaguely good playing :) I fell asleep the last 10 minutes because I was so tired, but still enjoyed it. I think Captain America liked it too. Not as much as Avatar, but it was good :)

We drove back to post, and yes, Captain America got stopped coming onto post. I tried to take the "bullet" for him, by being in the lane to be selected for inspection, but the guard waved me on, and pulled Captain America over. I tried, honey. I really did. I can't help it that the guards have a man-crush on your car. hehehehe. What else could it be?

The big 3 kids were still awake, and playing games. Jake had put Joe and Jim to bed at 7:30 like I asked him. What a good babysitter. The house was pretty mess, so when I came in to blog real fast, Captain America directed the cleaning up of the house. And let me tell you, it looked pretty good when I came out to check on them :)

So here it is, midnight. Did I have a relaxing day? Um no. Was it a good day? yes. Maybe tomorrow will be my relaxing day.....

So, here's my "Saturday Second Chance" wordart. This WordArt was first released on Feb 7th of 2008. Thats almost 2 years ago. I remember liking this WordArt at the time, but can see SO many problems with it now. Do you like the re-do?

Click on the links below to go to my acocunt to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!




6 comments:

Sarah L said...

Uh oh. That sounds an awful lot like an allergic reaction. Did you eat anything different yesterday? A new food or spice? Or maybe it could be something environmental. I would be concerned, because this sounds like a mild anaphylactic reaction. Typically the first reaction is mild, and the second or third reaction is severe. It's definitely worth pursuing. I hope you figure out whatever it is.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 10 post on Jan. 16, 2010. Thanks again.

macfandee said...

Hi Bethany-- I would have to diagnose an allergic reaction to something you ate or a new toothpaste, mouthwash/rinse. Try taking a benadryl and see if you feel a bit better if so then it's an allergy. Hope that helps. PS I'm not a doctor just pretend to be lol seriously though i have very allergic kids and I'm pretty sensitive myself to lots of stuff.
***Be careful that your throat doesn't start to swell up***
Hope that helps

clubiani said...

thank you so much!

Tonya Driggers said...

Thank you so much for this beautiful word art! It's just perfect for the blog created for when a family member was having surgery to keep other family in touch, but she did not make it and it has now become a memorial to her. This is just perfect! thank you!

Peggy S said...

This is beautifully done Bethany. The fonts are perfect for this. This will be great in heritage layouts or sympathy cards. Thank you so much.