Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Seek God

First off, these are for Grandma Ida. So Mom, or Aunt Sue, yoohoo, you need to show her these :) Pretty please, just for me??? This is what the kids used their $$$ from Grandma Ida on :)

Tom and his ship


Joe and his Skateboard with Helmet

Jim with his Car
Eme with her oven.Jake just pocketed the cash. ROFL! And here's me on my Friday night date with Captain America :)

Hey all! Hope your last Saturday before the official end of the holidays was a good one for you :) Mine was pretty good :)

I was up at 8:30am, and got ready for the day. I gathered up my things for the Primary "Meet your Teacher" brunch, and Eme and I headed to the church. Captain America was gonna come up at 10am and deliver the rest of the kids.

Eme and I helped set up chairs, and get the food together, and get it all together. It looked pretty good when we were done.

And dang, we had SUCH a good turn out. There were a TON of people there. 90% of our teachers were there, and a majority of the primary kids. Gotta love it when a plan comes together. The kids met their teachers, ate food, and had fun. It was such a simple activity, but such a successful one. We're gonna have to do that next year too :)

I had lunch when I got home, fed the kids, and laid down for a nap. I was feeling really tired. I was trying to stick to the diet, and maybe that was why. Anyway, the nap felt good :)

I folded some laundry after I woke up, and helped Captain America wash the cars. Well, "helped" may be used loosely in this case. I did vacuum Captain America's car a bit. A little bit. Mostly I chatted with my neighbor across the street, and my neighbor Leigh. Those girls are a lot of fun :)

At around 5:30, Captain America and I headed out to the Verizon store. Captain America's phone had been acting up, and mine hadn't been doing too hot either. Kept shutting off all the time. Sigh. Anyway, we got on the "waiting list" to chat with someone, which was 20 minutes. We walked next door to Subway, and had dinner. I had a Grilled Chicken Breast 6 inch sandwich and a soup. And a diet lemonade. Yummy!

When we finally got to chat with someone at Verizon, the dude said that he'd needed to trade out our phones. Because ours were faulty. Hopefully this new one (it's the 3rd exact same phone....) will work better than the previous ones. The dude approved a different phone for Captain America's replacement, but it would needed to be mailed to him. I think he said that it would get here on Tuesday. He was pretty excited about it.

Captain America dropped me off at the movies at 6:45pm, for New Moon. Again. With the girls. We had SO much fun! Including me, I had 12 girls there! I must admit, there was a lot of whispering, ooohing and aweing, catcalling, and woohoo-ing. Yes, that's what happens when you get 12 females together - hehehehe.

Leslie and her daughter and her friends and kids were sitting a few rows ahead of us, so we didn't get any photos of them. Sorry, girls! Next time :) But here's the pictures that we did get :)

Lets see if I can get everyone. We have Helen in the glasses and red sweater on the left, then a girl who's name I can't remember in front of her, then Wanda with the dark, shorter hair behind her (that space between Helen and Wanda was my seat), then Jessi in front of her (with the popcorn), then Karen next to Wanda, then Hillary, and Heather is standing up with the stripes. I think that is all you can see in this picture :)


You can see Laurie behind Heather in this one. Sit down, Heather! ROFL!

Here we go! That's Leigh next to Hillary, and her friend that she invited too (don't know her name - sorry girl!)

Yeah, there was WAY too many people and too much talking to get everyone looking the same direction with their mouths closed - hehehe.
Here's Helen and I

And Heather and Jessi :)
Captain America and I watched the 2nd half of the Doctor Who Christmas/New Years when I got home from the movies. FABULOUS, as always. I LOVE Russell T Davies as a writer. I think he's wonderful. I really felt sorry for the Doctor in this special 2 parter. Poor guy. It made me cry a couple of times. I could feel his pain. Does anyone know when the new season, with Matt Smith (that IS his name, right?) starts? I wonder if I'll like him as the Doctor? Christopher Eccleston was SO liked by me when David Tennant took over, but I was hooked in a few episodes. I wonder if it will be the same with Matt?

Well, I must say, I really liked how this one turned out :) That font for Seek is just great :) It's from Font Folio, I think. I like it :) hehehe. Anyway, since this is the January 2010 Theme for Relief Society, I thought it was appropriate. Enjoy!

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!



6 comments:

VJ's Scrap Room said...

Thank you so much for sharing.This is one of my favorite scriptures!!:)

Liz McCoy said...

probably my favorite scripture!!! THank you! I can't wait to use it on my scrapbook layouts!

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 03 Jan [LA 03:00pm, NY 06:00pm, UK 11:00pm] - 04 Jan [OZ 10:00am]).

Anonymous said...

Thank you for freebies. Link on your post was added to Lori's freebie list

Sue said...

Thanks so much! Wonderful word art and a great reminder of what's really importat! :)

Anthea Goodman said...

Wow, thanks for this! I was looking for something related to this scripture as I've decided to make 'seek' my word for the year... as inspired by this scripture! I'm going to put it on my blog as a reminder of what I'm wanting to focus on this year.

Thanks again!