Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Happiness

Well, that was a crazy day. Seriously crazy.

So I woke up, got the kids off to the bus, and sat down to check my email before Andrea, Veronica, and I went on a morning walk. Without going into a long story (and no, I'm not gonna go into details), I found myself in search of a new store. All before breakfast :) Panic? Yeah, a little. I headed out the door, and met Andrea at her house at 8am. We walked to Old Fort Bliss, and met Veronica there. We walked most of your normal summer route, and then came back home.

When I got home, I made sure Jake was doing school, got Jimmy situated, and sat down at the computer. I had to decide what I wanted to do. Hmmmm, where to apply for a new store. I'm clueless when it comes to the Scrapbooking community. I know, I'm bad. I should TOTALLY keep up with that. But I haven't had to, since I've been at the same store for 2 years.

Anyway, I turned to my buddy Jen, and she gave me her top 4 picks. I put in applications at scrapbookgraphics.com, scrapmatters.com, gottapixel.com, and funkyplayground.com. I was hoping that by the end of the next few days, I'd have heard back from someone, at least. I was gonna finish out the month at Scraporchard, but I wanted somewhere to go starting April 1st.

So 10 minutes later, I get an email from scrapbookgraphics offering me a job!!!! I was SO excited. All my panic for nothing. I felt very blessed. Throughout the rest of the day, offers (or strong possibilities) from the other stores came in too, and honestly, I was overwhelmed with happy feelings :) *blushes* It had gone from a stressful morning to a happy afternoon.

I spent most of the day on the computer (when that was NOT part of my plan). But, luckily, the migraine had gone away. I think it was a migraine, because the sinus meds didn't seem to do anything, but the migraine pill sure did - hehehe.

Captain America came home at lunchtime a bit early today. He usually comes after noon, but it was 11:30am today. It worked out perfectly, because my friend Hilary came over at 12:30 during her lunch break. So I got to hang out with both Captain America AND Hilary. Score it!

I spent the rest of the afternoon trying to download contracts and previews and forms and such. I got a lot accomplished, luckily. I went to pick up the kids from the bus stop at 3:30pm, and brought my kids and Veronicas kids back to my house. She dropped off Tom and picked up William and Cassiana close to 4pm. I spent the next 45 minutes trying desperately to get a new preview ready (I know, I JUST got my Scraporchard one the way I liked it, now I have to start ALL over again), and headed out to door with the 5 kids to Football practice/babysitting class.

I was planning on making chicken for dinner, but if you have 5 minutes to cook dinner, chicken ain't happening. We stopped at Burger King for dollar burgers, and headed to Babysitter class. Jake was a bit late, but he was there. He found out that they did have Babysitter class last week, during Spring Break, so he'll have to go the 3rd week of April to catch the class that he missed in March. It was the 1st Aid class. He got CPR trained tonight. He was pretty excited. Apparently, next week, they're having a Graduation Party. Fun!

I drove the kids to Tom's Football practice, and we sat in the parking lot and at Burger King. I broke my double cheeseburger meat up into my side salad, and had at it. Jim and Eme both gave me their tomatoes, so I was happy. ha!

It was starting to sprinkle a little, so I only let the kids play at the park for a little while, then headed home. More football players had started to show up, so I figured it was ok to leave him a bit early.

I took the kids home, helped Joe with his homework, helped him read his book, and worked on the computer for a bit longer. I put the little kids to bed, and shortly after Captain America was home with Jake and Tom. Captain America's pretty excited about teaching Tom's age group boys. Coaching, I guess is a better word. He said they're a great bunch of kids.

After we got the older kids off to bed, Captain America headed back out to work at the battery, and I sat down to, you guessed it, work on my computer. I was getting closer. I'd read through the whole packet. I got the FTP worked out. I could logon to xcart. I got my logo and my preview and my store banner figured out. I got my gallery pic uploaded with my "about me" page. I got my email thingy kinda working. I even designed my part for the store Collaboration.

And then I looked at the clock, and it was 11:10pm. Captain America got home from work a few minutes later, and here I am. Just finishing blogging, but no WordArt designed for my freebie yet. I'll have to go and do that :)

K, done. It's now 11:30pm, and I'm off to bed. Feeling completely exhausted, and ready for some sleep. We'll see what tomorrow brings - hehehe :)

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! What a day! Congrats on the new store! I love your work!

Anonymous said...

I love your work you do too. You should enjoy your job, so go where you need to go. I am sure everyone will follow.

The Nielsen Family said...

You should apply at Stuff to Scrap too.

Anonymous said...

congrats on the new store! sorry if it was a hectic/chaotic switch. retirement sale for the next week?? *wink*

Dinphy said...

Wow, that's a sudden decision! And to have a new store THAT fast!
Well, of course you'd have a store fast, I mean, who wouldn't want to have you and your artwork? I honestly think you needn't have worried at all, as I imagine the stores would fight to get you.
You're one famous girl!
But having all that paperwork and all done in a DAY is really amazing!

Well, can't say I'm not curious as to why this sudden change, ;) but as you don't want to go into detail, I'll sure respect that.
Just hope you have fun at your new place!

Carol said...

I'm curious, too, but respect your privacy. And, congrats on finding a new store so quickly. Not that I had any doubt that you would - your work is great! Thank you for everything! :0)

Melinda said...

The Crew is excited to have you join us at SBG! Welcome, Bethany!

Mom2mykids said...

Well, I have NO idea how the whole "store" business works, but congratulations on finding a new one so fast! You are very talented and deserve the very best! Thanks for the word art, too ... !!

The Steigmeiers said...

Congrats on the new store. I love all of your work, so I will be following you to SBG.

Bec said...

Congrats on the new store!
Glad it's SBG so I'll still get to play with your goodies but I'll miss you at SO.

Bobbi-Lynn said...

wow I had no idea you were leaving SO
I guess I will have to check out SBG so that I can still get your terrific WordArt!

Lynn said...

Congrats on the new store! SBG rocks!

Justine said...

good job on the graphics. change is inevitable and fruitful :)

Jen Graham said...

Congrats on the new store sweetie! I told you that you had nothing to worry about!

Jen Graham said...

You need a new blinkie. ;) Char makes them. Hey! Where's my photo in your CT list? LOL

JMC Design said...

You should try Stuff To Scrap too! They are awesome! I will follow you wherever!!!

Mari said...

First you scared me! I have 2 teams at SO and I was afraid it was closing or something had happened. But congrats! Scrapbook Graphics is a FABULOUS store! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Haven't a clue either about the store thingy.. but either way.. glad you found a place so quickly. Honestly you could sell without a store and still do amazing. Love today's quote.. quite fitting.

Growth.. change.. are good!!

Congrats.. and thank you girlie!

Di :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for freebies. Link on your post was added to Lori's freebie list

ckcpurple said...

Hee, hee! My sister is the first commenter again. She's so good!!!!

Not surprised at all that you found a new home in the blink of an eye. Hope you enjoy your new home. SBG is another one of my faves.

Thanks again for all the freebies!