Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Brown Soda Alpha

It's that time again! New products in the store. Click HERE to go to and give them a look-see! 5 New WordArt Packs this week, all for 20% ($2.00 per pack), for at least a week :)








Grocery shopping days are the best, right? hehehe. Whatever ! I woke up at 7:15am, hopped up, and got ready for the store. I wish I were more enthusiastic about it, but hey, it was 7:15am. hehehe.

I got dressed, and went out and fed the masses. Yogurt with Fiber One cereal. Some LOVED it and some hated it. Can't please everyone, right? I straightened up the kitchen a bit, then printed off my shopping list. And crossed off what we already had and such.

By 8:30am, Maddie and I were ready for our shopping excursion. We headed to the commissary in the truck, got out the cash I needed, and we proceeded to shop for a week. It's amazing how much food it takes to feed this group. ha! All I can say is THANK HEAVENS for free lunch. That's 5 meals a week that I don't have to worry about...

Anyway, we swung by the Thrift store on the way home. The Ft. Bliss Thrift Shop is only open 3 days a week. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. We caught it on an open day. hehehe.

Maddie found quite a few $0.25 girl clothes in the clearance section, and was shopping up a storm. She only brought a few clothes for her kids, so now they're gonna have a whole new summer wardrobe - ha!

I found a few things for my family too. I got Eme 2 new pairs of pants, a swim shirt and swim skirt, a fancy Sunday dress, Jake got a Hawaiian shirt, and an Authentic Army BDU top for playing in, and Tom got a Motorcycle shirt, Jim and Joe got a Black Swim shirt to share, I got a series of 6 kid books, and #4,6,7,8,9 and10 in Series of Unfortunate Events, some other paperback books (Including 2 copies of Harry Potter #1 - we have 4 #2's, 3 #3's, 2 #4's, 2 #5's, and one each of 6 and 7), a pair of fancy black sandal/dressy shoes for myself, 3 Boy Scout shirts (2 short sleeved, 1 long sleeved), all for under $20. Not too bad, right? I was pretty pleased with my finds.

Maddie and Eme's new dress

And here's Maddie and I with our Thrift Shop finds
We headed home, had the kids all help carry in the groceries, put everything away, Maddie and I ate lunch, and we headed to Free Lunch with the kids.

Remember that LARGE LOAD truck we got stuck behind last lunch? Well, we got stuck behind it this time too. I guess they're on the same schedule as us - LOL!

Here we are at Free Lunch. Today was spaghetti, carrots, honeydew, and milk. Jake was glad he stayed home, cause he HATES spaghetti. hehe.


When the kids were done with lunch, they found this birds house up on a tree next to our picnic table. See those yellow jackets on the outside? Yeah, they're fakies. But there's a TON of real ones inside. Not so cool. Apparently they're working to get it removed safely.


After lunch, we headed to Kelly Park to play in the sprinklers. The little girls absolutely LOVED the place. And so did Maddie. She didn't have to worry about Lily drowning. Just concrete, no large body of water. ha!

We saw Heidi and Bridgette (both from Church) there, and hung with them. Here's a pic of Heidi. Her baby is 1 month old. Brand new little girl. That makes 3 girls, 1 boy for her family.


And here's Bridgette. She's got a little girl and a little boy, similar ages to Maddie's kids.

Eme drinking from the sprinkler
Jimmy
Tom

Maddie and Lily. Lily had a BLAST getting soaking wet - hehehe
Me in the water
And I couldn't resist taking a pic of the water. I thought it looked pretty cool...
We came home, got the kids all changed and happy and some of them down for naps, and Maddie and I popped out to another store real fast. I was almost out of sunscreen, and with as many pool/sprinkler days as we have, you CANT be caught without sunscreen. hehehe.

We came back home, and started on dinner. I cooked marinated pork (Hawaiian) with left over mashed postatoes. People seemed to eat them well enough. They did their chores, and played outside in the back yard for a while, until it started to rain.

Captain America came home at around 6:30pm, and he and I left on our date. Jake was given instructions to have the kids sit on the couch and watch a group movie together, then all were to go to bed. The older ones could read in their room, but the little ones had to go to sleep. Maddie and her girls were gonna hang in the living room, undisturbed for the evening.

So as Captain America and I left for our date, this is the BEAUTIFUL rainbow I saw!


Pretty, isn't it! And here we are, driving to Applebees

We didn't have to wait too long to get seated, and our waiter was fairly quick with our food. I was a bit disappointed that we couldn't substitute a salad for the rice in the fajatias. That's REALLY what I wanted. BJ's lets you do it.....

Here's me at the restaurant
And Captain America. We ordered the Asian Crunch Salad. Yeah, I didn't really like it. It wasn't too good, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. It was mostly on my diet, but I'd have rather eaten my grilled talipia and veggies back home, honestly... But it was nice to be on a date with my hubby, I'll say that much :)
And us outside of the restaurant after finishing
After dinner, we headed to the movie theater by the mall, and watched Inception. OMHeavens, it was a good movie. Now, I watch a lot of movies, and it's hard to keep my rapt attention, but this one did the trick! I just can't say enough good things about this movie. LOVED every minute of it. OK, so I was a tad confused in the beginning, but I caught on pretty quick. I LOVED how there were so many "storylines" going on at the end. Totally had my attention.

Captain America and I came back home around 11:30pm, and here it is, 1:22am. My designing is done, and I'm getting ready to hit the hay. At least I can sleep in tomorrow. Cause it's Saturday. And I LOVE Saturdays - hehehe. So don't wake me up early, ok? You promise?

Got a special treat for you today! I made my wordart from yesterday into an alpha! And I'm giving it to you :) Now, there's 2 different options for the download. You can get it in 26 individual PNG files, or you can get 26 individual PNG files all in one PSD file, all on one page. So you just open it up, and drag and drop which letters you want. Whatever you choose :) Enjoy!

Click on the links below to go to my account to download the zip file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!



17 comments:

Stephanie said...

Ooh! :) I loved yesterday's word art and so I'm thrilled with the alpha! Thank you so much. I was reading your blog yesterday with my mom over and she asked who I knew that took so many pictures! lol... She said that we should get along great because just yesterday I took 30. My hubby had to get a stronger bigger memory card for my camera!

~EssenseVibez~ said...

just wanted to stop by to say hello and thank you for everything you've created for me to use on my projects--you are totally funny--i know alot of soda junkies but i'm not one of them--i treat myself to one bottle of pop every once in awhile--my favs are {SPITE}{ROOTBEER}{7UP}{SIERRA MIST}--i like clear pop to be on the safe side--LOL--again, THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND WORK!!!!---blessings to you and your family!!!

sandie said...

I love this alpha!
Thanks so much for sharing all of your wonderful word art!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the Alpha! Totally cool! And thanks for the movie review, too! We want to see that! Last night we went to a drive-in! Haven't been to one in Years!!! It was HOT and MUGGY, but so much fun!

Jani said...

Thanks for the alpha. This will be cute to add to summer layouts

jpickett22 said...

I love your work and am so grateful for your generosity. Thanks so much for this super cool alpha. Awesome!

Carol said...

Fabulous alpha - thanks so much. And, thank you for giving it to use in separate png files for those of us that can't use the sheets! :0)

Lee Davis said...

Wow! Thank you so much for the alpha, especially the individual letters as I can not use the fool sheet. Your wordart inspires me.

sdwrdt said...

Love this alpha! Thanks so much for sharing!

Tammy said...

Thanks for this alpha, and for the individual files - I'm such a novice so it makes it easy! I have a son who IS a soda pop junkie so I could title every page about him with your alpha. I enjoy all your pictures...thanks for sharing!

Peg said...

Love your alpha!! Thank you so much!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for freebies. Link on your post was added to Lori's freebie list

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the great alpha! it's so original.
Jenna/Canada

LOFT said...

Great alpha, thanks so much!

Cindy N. said...

Thank you for the great alpha.

Unknown said...

Fabulous!! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful work! xxx

Sue said...

Thanks so much for the cute alpha! :)