Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Be That Example

Happy Saturday :) But then, it's Sunday by the time you're reading this, so Happy Sunday! hehe :)

I woke up, like clockwork, at 6:35am. Sure, I went back to sleep until 7:15am, but the point is, my body is used to getting up at that time. Too bad I went to bed SO late. hehe. Oh well, we're on vacation, right? Even if it's just a little mini vacation :)

I checked my emails, and then heard the kids next door. Just one jump, but still, I didn't wanna get in trouble, so I went next door to see what was going on. Jimmy had jumped off the bed, once, but the other kids told him to stop, so he was sitting quietly on the floor. All the kids were watching TV. Gone to bed late, gotten up early. Yeah, it was gonna be a LONG day :) hehe.

At 8am, the kids and I went downstairs and got some breakfast. Well, they got breakfast. I brought yogurt and a nectarine for myself. But they ate the continental breakfast. And they liked it :)

There was cereal, and bagels with cream cheese, and pasteries, and boiled eggs, and waffles, and muffins, and toast, and fruit, and juices. Yeah, I made them eat until they were full. Because we weren't stopping for lunch. We should be home around that time, so I wasn't paying for food. hehe.

Once they were full, we headed back upstairs. We got packed up, and everyone changed and ready for the day, and we were on the road by 10am. I really liked the Econolodge in Soccorro, and I'd go there again, for sure :)

We stopped for gas, and Captain America and I got a soda, and off we went. We turned on some music, and I sang and sang and sang...

And we stopped at Truth and Consequences, again, to let Jimmy go to the bathroom, and figured that since there was a Walmart right there, that we'd use the bathroom, buy some gum and a quick snack, and be on our way.

But yeah, the girls bathroom was being cleaned. Hmpf!

So Eme and I used the family bathroom. Check out that little potty. ha!
I got some more sugar free candies, some gum, and back in the truck. And down the road we went :) My hair was blowing all around ,so Captain America let me borrow his hat. Awe, he's so sweet :) And I think when I lost weight, I lost weight in my head, because his hat fit on my head. ROFL!



Ha! Eme's funny :)

Jimmy slept almost the WHOLE time on the way home. Poor kid was tired :) I designed 3 whole WordArt packs, too! Yeah me!

And at one point, I remember commenting that it smelled like stinky butt in the truck, and Jimmy piped in with "That's DEFINITELY me!" ha!

We got home around 1pm. And unloaded the truck, and made lunch for everyone, and yeah, I went to take a nap. Because I'd gotten up early with the kids :) Anyway, I slept from 1pm to 2pm. And yeah, it felt SO good. Naps are my friend!

Then I hopped in the shower, and got ready for the game :) We needed to leave around 3:30pm. We got the kids are ready for the evening, with directions and such, and out we went.

We drove over to UTEP (University of Texas El Paso), and tried to find a parking place. And yeah, we had to park a half a mile away. Sigh. Wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't have on high heel boots. Oh well, at least I can count this as exercise. hehe.

Here's Captain America and I before walking to our "tailgate" party
We found the guys from his Battalion, and hung. For a VERY long time. We totally thought the game started soon after the tailgate party. Not so. Not so... It started at 7pm. So that was 3 and a half hours of "tailgating". Oh goodness :)

We hung and chatted and ate some food, and stalled, and chatted some more.

And finally, at 6:20pm, we walked over to the stadium. The Sun Bowl! Pretty cool, huh?

Me and my ticket









And I totally missed the fireworks. But I did get the smoke - ROFL!
And the Miner Dancers are known as "The Gold Diggers". ha! I thought it was pretty funny :)
It was pretty fun watching the game. The Miners were doing REALLY well. When we left during the 3rd quarter, we were winning 37-10. Yeah, I'm pretty sure they won. hehe.

We walked back to our car (about a mile away), and headed home. The kids were already in bed, and I pulled out the laptop, and got on designing and blogging. Captain America and I sat on the couch while I worked and watched old episodes of "The Office". It was a really good day :)

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!


6 comments:

deb said...

Sounds like you all had a great time. Super pictures of the Sun Bowl. Thanks for word art as always. :o)

Allanna said...

I'm glad that you had such a nice trip!

And way to show off your new rings! (They're gorgeous! ^_^)

MouserMo said...

Thank you for your freebies. Link on your post was added to PickleMouse freebie list

NittyPearl said...

Thanks for the word art!

Unknown said...

Awesome word art and pix Thanks for sharing

Cris said...

What an awesome wordart!! I love it!!
Thanks for Sharing!

PS: Can I borrow your rings? Lol, I love them too.