Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Friday, January 7, 2011

All Bundled Up 2

New stuff!! Woohoo! I'm SO glad that I was working on these all last week, and that I didn't have to design them today - hehe. It pays off to be ahead sometimes...

Click HERE to go to my store to check out ALL my new, fabulous, shiny things (see, shameless plug. ha!)

Yawns! Yeah, I went to bed WAY too late last night! Captain America and I had gone to get soda, and came back home relatively early, but by the time I went to bed, it was 2am, and it was 4:30am for him! He had to pack (their gear goes before them...) for the upcoming deployment, and I worked on my new blog. Did I tell you I bought my own domain back before Christmas? Captain America made me promise not to work on it before he deployed (time...) and I didn't. But he had HOURS of packing to do, and I sat on the couch with him while he packed and tried to figure it out.

I decided to go with Word Press, and my domain host helped me install it. And I MAY have got it kinda working. I have a few people who have offered to help me get things set up. Right now, I have a pixelated banner, and I copy/pasted todays blog post to it. hehe. Yeah, like I said, it needs some work. Anyway, it's www.elegantwordart.com Cool, huh! Anyway, don't expect too much at first. I need help (but then, you all knew that, right??)

So, it was 2am when I went to bed. But I didn't sleep well. And I was EXHAUSTED when I woke up. Which reminds me. I didn't read my scriptures this morning. Just said a tired prayer. hehe. I'm glad I didn't fall back asleep. hehe.

I got up and got the kids ready (well, they were practically ready by themselves. Just had to tell people to get their shoes and coats on) and on the bus at 7:30am. Jake was already up and showered. When Captain America and I were up last night, at 1am, we heard the shower going. I went upstairs to see what was going on, and Jake said that he thought the alarm said 7, not 1. ROFL! Sorry, Jake! He was clean, at least.

Anyway, I REALLY wanted to go back to bed. But I knew that I had a doctors appointment at 9:20am. Captain America went to work at 7:45am, and I laid down in my dark room till around 8:20am. At which point, I decided to get ready. And I decided to just put on fresh make up, not shower. Why? Well, I didn't really want to, but I figured that if we were taking any pictures at all today (and I was pretty sure I'd snap a few), I didn't wanna look nasty - ROFL!

I called my Mother in Law and chatted with her while I got ready. And then ran out the door to get over to Biggs part of post. I don't know WHY they changed the location of the TMC, but it's now about 15 minutes away instead of 4. Sigh. Anyway, headed over there. And yeah, it wasn't where Captain America told me to go. That was mental health.... But the chickie behind the counter told me where the new building was.

They had built a HUGE new complex. BEAUTIFUL! But I was late. They'd only moved there a week ago. I didn't know! hehe. So I was 10 minutes late, and they told me that they'd canceled my appointment. Sigh. She looked for another appointment (and I was mentally planning on going to urgent care), when she said that they had a 9:40 open. Sweet! That was only 10 minutes from now!

I waited for a few minutes, and got called back. I peed in a cup, and they stuck me in my room. And Captain America came to hang with me! He'd gotten done with the SRP (whatever that stands for) thingy he was doing, and came to hang. He didn't need to be back to work until around 1pm.

Look at those BAGS under our eyes! I got 4 hours of sleep, and he got 2. I think Nap time is DEFINITELY in order today...

Well, no UTI. The Doctor asked what the symptom were, and he said that MAYBE I just caught it at the very beginning. And prescribed some Peridium (yeah, I don't know how to spell it). It's those pills that make you pee orange and help your bladder feel better. I had some at home already, so I didn't go to the pharmacy and wait the 26 people ahead of me in line (dang!).

Captain America and I headed home, but took different routes. He went to the PX to buy a bike chain/lock, and I took the wrong exit, and ended up CLEAR across post. Oops. But, I managed to get home :)

I got Jimmy to the bus, and he finished some packing details, and I designed freebies for the next few days, and loaded my store. And then he and I headed out to lunch! El Taco Tote is definitely one of our favorites! And now that I know that I can take the beans and rice and tortillas home for the kids for dinner, it's even better! So, Harty kids, it's TACO nite!

Yeah, I changed clothes again. I do that sometimes...

He dropped me off at home, and headed back to work. I started in again on my computer, loading the store and designing and blogging, and Jake did his school. Jim got off the bus at 2:40pm, and here's a pic of me with my cranberry herbal tea at the bus stop.

Ha! My lid was crammed WAY in the back of this drawer. Think I have enough Howdy's lids??? hehe. It's cheaper for a refill at Howdys if you bring in your own Howdys cup. So we have a TON of Howdys cups at home. I'll make herbal tea in there too. 1 herbal tea bag, a bunch of splenda, and hot tap water in a 32, 44, or 64 oz cup. Yeah, I like me some herbal tea - hehe. And I'm WAY too impatient to wait for water to boil AND for it to cool off again. Hot tap water suits me just fine...

I walked back home with Jimmy from the bus, and finished up the things I was working on online. Glad that I was done with my work before Captain America came home! Thursday CAN be a stressful day for me, IF I'm not prepared. And luckily, I was prepared :)

The kids came home from school at 3:30pm (I guess no AQ again...), and Captain America too! He'd actually picked a few of the kids up at the bus stop, and was driving them home in the truck. They thought it was SO fun - hehe.

We got everyone an after school snack, and started chores and homework and such, and he and I went for a nap at 4pm. Because we were both exhausted. 4 and 2 hours of sleep is NOT enough. Yeah, that hour went SUPER fast. I woke up at 5pm, and started on dinner for the kids, and let him sleep till 5:30pm.

We had dinner, the kids having Tacos and Captain America having soup and me having a turkey burger and California blend steamed veggies.

Then we all sat down together on the couches and talked about Captain America's deployment. Because it's coming up, and the kids needed to hear from us that it would be ok. We went around the room and all said one thing that we were worried about, and one thing that was a goal for the time Dad was gone. It was really good to hear the concerns of the kids, and think of ways to lessen those concerns. And it was nice to hear what their goals were, too.

And after our discussion, and a family prayer, we watched Star Trek 6. Undiscovered Country, maybe? The one where Kirk and Bones stand trial before the Klingons, and go to some snow prison. I don't remember - hehe. I was watching it, but I was crocheting at the same time...
And then, about an hour into the movie, I decided to make dessert for everyone. I still had one package of Gingerbread cookie mix left. So I made some Gingerbread Cheesecake dessert. DIVINE!

I added 1 cube of butter, 1 TBSP water, and 1 egg to the mix, and beat it with my mixer until cookie dough was formed. Then, I pressed most of it into a 8x8 baking pan, and the rest, rolled into cookie dough balls for cookies. And baked them both at 350 for 10 minutes (but added another 7 minutes for the pan).

And then I took 1 package of cream cheese, 1 can of sweetened condensed milk, 1/3 cup lemon juice and blended it together until fluffy. And then I beat 2 cups of heavy whipping cream (because I didn't have cool whip, but I DID have left over whipping cream) and added it to the cream cheese mixture. OMHeavens - DIVINE!

What I was supposed to do was let the cookie pan cool, top with the cheesecake mixture, crumble the cookies on the top, and chill for an hour. Yeah, we're not the patient. I cute the 8x8 pan cookie into 8 chunks, dished out a chunk for each person on a plate, put a HUGE dollop of cheesecake mixture on the top, and crumbled a part of a cookie on the top. Yeah, SO good. And no, I shouldn't have eaten it. But I did. And I liked it. hehe.

See that fork? Yeah, I totally took 7 plastic forks from El Taco Tote today. hehe. I'm a rebel like that, you know. Or just really cheap - ha!

We put the kids to bed after the movie, and Captain America and I hung out for the rest of the evening. It's now 11:14pm, and I'm adding the last little bit of content to my blog. It's kinda nice to blog, really. To think about ones day in detail. To analyze what you did. Both the good and the bad. The fun and the not so fun. And, if I ever need or want to, I can go back over the weeks/months/years, and see what I'm thinking/feeling/experiencing. I'm sure I'll do that a lot when Captain America's gone. I'm sure gonna miss that boy. He's become my bestest friend ever these last few months...

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!
4shared (so glad it's been playing nicely lately!)

Great layout, Sharon! I LOVE that hat! I need one!! hehe.


CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 7 post on Jan. 07, 2011. Thanks again.

Sandy_in_MD said...

So glad you caught the UTI early and hope you are feeling better soon. And that gingerbread cheesecake sounds really tasty. Thanks for today's word art!

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [08 Jan 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Tammy said...

Thanks so much for the freebie =}

deb said...

Great word art! :o) Thank you!

Sue said...

Thanks so much for the fun word art! :)

Joni said...

Thank you for the freebie *so* much! I'm living that right now!! It's 1:35 am and it's 8 degrees outside. Brrrrr.... I do most anything to not have to leave the house!! lol! Thanks again! It definitely "fits" me! *Ü*