Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Sing Like No On Is Watching

I think I'm sick... I woke up SEVERAL times last night. Because of the stupid smoke detector. See, there's one of the batteries that malfunctioning, and it sets itself off. But I don't know which one it is, because it sets the others off so fast. So pretty soon, the WHOLE house is buzzing. And the dog hates it, and it hurts my head. So like 3 times last night. Sigh. So much for a good nights sleep.

Then, I woke up once because I thought I heard the TV on. Nope, no TV on. So I went back to bed. Then, I thought I heard a pounding noise. Nope, no pounding noise. So when I finally got up this morning, I wasn't feeling very good. Very groggy. I went back to bed after the kids got on the bus, and slept till around 9am. And still felt like crap. Tired and lethargic.

Kari texted and said that she'd forgot that she'd planned on going to lunch at the kids' school today, so no Zumba. Which I was a little bummed, but SO tired that it was ok. I did eventually get out of bed, and came out and watched some TV with the kids. I didn't even pull out my computer. I just sat on the couch.

And soon it was time to take Jim to the bus. And I had on my yellow Texas hoodie, red Coca Cola jammies, and stripped christmas socks. And that's it - hehe. I drove him up to the bus stop, feeling all "hot". hehe.

I came back home, and Jake and I watched 2 episodes of Fringe. And I finished off my camo scarf. It took the whole skein, and looked pretty good. And I did pull out my computer for a few minutes, and designed 2 WordArt packs. But was still feeling off.

And I was SUPER hungry. I had my normal lunch, and my snacks, and my popcorn, and was still starving. But I didn't go ravage the kitchen. Yet....

I put on some better clothes around 1:30, and Jake and I headed to the commissary. I was feeling slightly better. We got about $50 worth of groceries, and headed home. Luckily, there were few enough items to go to the self check out. Because it's payday on post, AND a training holiday, and the Commissary was SLAMMED with people.

We stopped by the shoppette to get a 44 oz Diet Coke (gag, but it's all they had), AND the were out of 44 oz cups. Nope, not gonna pay $1 for 32 oz of nasty. I'd rather go without. So we went to the bus stop, and picked up Jim. And came home. And put away groceries, and Jim played computer for a bit, and Jake and I watched one more episode of Fringe.

And then the big kids came home from school, and I took a nap. Because I felt like crap. My head was starting to hurt, too. I told them to wake me up at 5:30 to make dinner for them. So 5:30 came, and I was still feeling yucky. And I have this horrible habit of thinking that food will make me feel better when I'm in pain. And I couldn't resist today, and I ate a ton of food. And now I feel even more sick. Sigh. I need to remind myself that eating lots will NOT make the pain go away. I don't know why I got that stuck in my head anyway...

So after dinner, I got the kids situated with electronics, and went to take a bath. Thinking it would make me feel better. Nope. But I sure did smell good after. I put some Pure Romance Body Dew (original scent - smells like carnations) in my bath, and I felt soft and smelled purdy. hehe.

And at 7pm, I had the kids turn off ALL electronics, and explained to them that I was feeling sick. And took my laptop to my bed, got into my jammies, turned down the lights, and directed them to do their chores. I told them that once they finished one chores, to come and talk to me, and I'd remind them of their other chores. To keep them on task. But my poor head hurts. And the bickering out there is driving me nuts. Well, not really nuts. There's not being too bad, it's just that my head hurts and things seem worse...

Here's a few pictures that I took RIGHT before coming in my room to lay down with my laptop.




And here's me, in my bed, sick. I'm hoping that with meds and a GOOD nights sleep tonight, I'm back to my normal, energetic, chipper self tomorrow. I need to think of something fun to do with the kids. Maybe we'll all go on a short hike up in the mountains (dog too) if I feel better. Let's hope I feel better, because I RELALY need to get out of the house....


Thanks, Sharon, for being busy today and asking for the WordArt yesterday. I don't think I would have had the energy to design it today anyway! You always keep me on track, and do SUCH a fabulous job :) *hugs*

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!




11 comments:

Denise said...

Hope today is better-thanks for the word art!

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 8 post on Jan. 15, 2011. Thanks again.

Monica said...

Hope you are feeling well today...
Thanks for the WA, love it!

Dinphy said...

Thanks for the freebie Bethany.
Hope you're feeling better in the morning...

Mary said...

I love this page of you singing. You look like you were having los of fun.

I'm sorry that your so sick and I sure hope that you feel lots better today.

Mary

Laura said...

Bethany - PLEASE make sure it was your smoke detector and not your Carbon-Monoxide detector that was going off!!! your symptoms sound like C-M poisoning!

aquascrap said...

Love the layout and thanks for the word art. Take care, rest and hope you're feeling a whole lot better in the morning

Tammy said...

I think Laura is onto something...either way your local fire dept will come check it out for you, just call them. My hubby is a fireman and they do it all the time. Please take care of yourself!!

benziengirl said...

Thanks Bethany! We have the same kind of smoke detectors...I usually change them all when one does it, or another one just starts. But my husband says if you look really close one will have a flashing light, that would be your culprit.

Veronica Spriggs said...

Thanks Bethany! I love your Word Art!I'd like to invite you to promote your site on our Digital Scrapbooking Topsite Get well soon

deb said...

This is such a great saying! We all need to do that. Thank you!