Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Friday, March 4, 2011

5 More Minutes

New Stuff, my dears!!!! Click HERE to go to my store to give it a look see!
Layout by Sharon


Layout by Sharon
Layout by Andi


Layout by Sharon

Layout by Sharon



Layout by Sharon
Hey, hey, hey... What's up, my friends? I was super tired when I woke up this morning. Again! So I got the kids on the bus, and went back to bed. And between Jake and Jim coming in and asking questions, I didn't sleep soundly, but I did stay in bed till 9:30am. And it felt SO good :) No hiking today, because Kari was going on a field trip to the Zoo with her daughter :)

Anyway, after texting with Terra for a bit, I headed out to make a cake... See, I'm LOVELY in the mornings :)
I decided, after finding Jelly Roll pans at Big Lots yesterday, that I would attempt a rolled cake. You know, like the pumpkin rolls that you always find near Thanksgiving/Christmas. How hard could t be, right? hehe.

So, I made a yellow cake mix, and added peanut butter to the mix. Smelled DIVINE! And split it between 2 different jelly roll pans. And backed for 12 minutes.
Jammies and an Apron. Oh yeah!
Then I made some frosting, and it smelled great too! 1/2 cup butter, 1 cup peanut butter, 3 tbsp milk, and 3 cups of powdered sugar. And I spread it over both cakes, then rolled them. and yeah, there MUST be a trick, because mine sucked. ha!

Jake checked them mail for me, and I found this WONDERFUL news. ROFL!
I made a chocolate icing to drench the cake with. I boiled 1 cup of butter, 1 can of evaporated milk, 1/2 cup of cocoa powder, and 3 cups of sugar, stirred until boiling, then let it rest. And drizzled it on the cake. And it fell apart even worse. hehe. But I still brought it!

I went and changed my clothes, and got Jim ready for the bus, loaded up the car, and headed out. I dropped Jimmy off at the bus, then headed to Terra's house.
See, this is how my cakes turned out. It tasted divine, but didn't look so hot - hehe.
And here's the salad that I brought. Salad mix, spinach, sliced almonds, mandarin oranges, feta cheese, and cranberries. So good!
It was just Terra and I for the longest time, then Alena showed up. And as soon as she got there, Captain America called. So I snuck outside, and chatted with him for about 20 minutes. I SO miss that boy, and SO enjoyed talking to him. He sounded super tired, but good. They're really working him hard...

Then I headed back inside, and Kari and Maggie got there. We all had lunch, shared stories, and chatted and laughed and laughed. I laughed SO hard I thought my ribs were gonna split. SUPER fun bunch of girls!

We decided to all go to the OCSA luncheon next week together, and made plans for a Girls Night out on St Patricks day, which is also Alena's birthday. LOVE making plans with the girls :)

Here's a few pics of me and my friends. Kari and I
Terra and I

Maggie and I

I was showing the girls my cool option on my phone for taking self portraits. It was pretty cool!
I'm such a spaz. hehe. But I had so much fun. Thanks, Terra, for having us over! You were the perfect hostess!

We all cleared out about time to get the kids from the bus. Terra went to pick up her kids from daycare, and Maggie and I went to pick up the kids from the bus. Isn't Jimmy cute!

I worked a little bit between the time that Jim got home and the time that the other kids got home, then we all did some chores. And had snacks. And had dinner. And did homework. And got ready for hockey. And cut Tom's hair. Crazy busy night :)

And then, at 5:30pm, we threw on hockey uniforms, and headed up to the ice rink. And while I remembered my laptop and my iphone, I totally forgot my coat. Nice. Now I was gonna FREEZE! hehe.

I got the boys all ready, and skates and such, and Kari said that she wasn't staying, she had to drop Josephine off at soccer, so I could borrow her jacket and scarf and hat and gloves. She's awesome :)

I sat in the bleachers and designed, and Jim and Joe played, and Tom and Eme had brought their laptops and played. Jake and Boxer had stayed at home. I got 3 days of Freebies designed, and a WordArt pack done. Yes! I was on a roll :)

Kari came back, and we hung and talked about dorky teen boys who live in our house, and enjoyed the rest of hockey practice. Then un-geared the kids, and headed home.

I put the little kids to bed, and Tom and Jake and I watched 2 episodes of Chuck. And I loaded my store, and started to blog. And here it is, just barely after 9pm, and I'm almost done with work! Yes! I'm gonna tie this up, turn off the computer, and watch a show. And relax.

Oh yeah, forgot to show you Tom's new hair. I didn't do TOO bad of a job with the clippers - hehe.


Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks1

4shared
box.net

Ha! Boxer is just like that! Good one, Sharon!


8 comments:

Denise said...

I sooo see using this wordart for my granddaughter "The Princess". At 4 she already hates mornings.

Thanks again for the freebies.

Kathy said...

With the cake roll... don't know if you did this or not, so I am just going to throw it out there:). As soon as they come out of the oven, flip them over on a powdered sugared cotton dish towel. Then powder sugar the other side (like with a sifter:)) I usually line my pan with parchment paper then I can just grab the two ends and flip them over. That way you can just peel back the parchment paper and add more p. sugar. Then roll it up. I usually roll it from the long side... it makes the slices smaller but goes a lot further:). Let it cool rolled up in the towel. Then when you are ready to frost, un-roll it, frost it and re-roll it. Does that make sense? Your recipe sounds fabulous!!! I think I will try it!

Sky said...

I was going to give you the secret to perfectly rolled cakes but Kathy beat me to it. That is exactly how I do mine and they come out perfect every single time. The secret is rolling the cake while it is still hot and letting it cool completely while rolled up. I fill mine with a homemade cream cheese filling with some chopped pecans and it is to die for!

Jodi said...

My rolled cakes ALWAYS look like yours, no matter which "trick" I try. I think it as to do more with the batter then how you roll it -- I think in my good ole Betty Crocker cook book the "Jelly Roll" recipe looks different than your typical cake. I always use a Devils Food cake mix, and fill it w/ raspberries & whipped cream, and drizzle it with chocolate glaze. I call it an "earth quake cake", and the filling looks like lava coming through the cracks -- I say, "It's SUPPOSED to look that way."

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [05 Mar 12:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

deb said...

5 more minutes! That's exactly how I feel in the mornings sometimes!

Marilou said...

LOL Cute! Thank you.

Jennifer Moore said...

Thanks!