Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day, Remembering



So, Today was a MUCH better day :) Thanks for all of the thought and prayers. We woke up at 7:30am, and were ready to go to church by 8:45am. Yeah, we were a few minutes late, but it was all good. Kids got ready without complaint, and it was a nice ride to church. We're listening to Narnia on CD, and the kids are liking it. Amazing how different one day can be from the other.

Jake was very sorry and happy. He was trying to do everything he could think to make it up to me. Pleasant, mild, loving child. I know some of you offered opinion that it was O.D.D, but I read up on it a little, and it doesn't really seem to fit. He's not defiant to be defiant. He truly thinks that he's got a reason. It's some kind of perceived injustice when he gets upset. That total lack of social standards. And I know that it's somewhat typical for high functioning autistics to have violent outbursts. Mostly, when Jake is in control of his situation, he's a very happy, loving child.

Anyway, enough of that. It was a good day. Church was good. Kids were well-ish behaved during Sacrament. Jim didn't wanna sit still, but did fine enough. I got the kids to primary, and was bad, and skipped Sunday School and chatted with my buddy Lesa. It was a combined meeting for Priesthood and Relief Society, taught by the bishop. He talked about how doing those little, small daily spiritual routines things (scriptures, prayer, quiet pondering) will allow us to have the foundation for our testimony. Anyway, it was a very good lesson :)

We headed home, had lunch, and I took an hour nap. We watched some Dr Who, did some chores, then spent the rest of the day watching shows and playing. It was a relaxing day, and I so needed one :)

I told Jake that he could do 2 big jobs around the house, and earn his electronic privileges back for Monday. He agreed. First big job was to detail the downstairs bathroom. And it really does look nice. Second job was to do 8 loads of laundry (yeah, I totally have that many loads waiting...). When he went to bed, he was on load #4. So he's just got 4 more loads tomorrow, and he's off ban. I had a stack of index cards full of jobs for him to choose from. I was hoping that he'd get the laundry (yeah!) and the suburban. hehe. I need my truck cleaned out on the inside :)

I have plans to go to Kari's house tomorrow after lunch with Eme, and have a "spa day". Should be a good time. And I know that Laurie invited us to dinner on Monday, but I haven't heard any updates in a few days, so don't know if that's gonna pan out. Hope so, cause they move in June.

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!

This layout is by Melisa! What a fantastic job you did. Such a sweet, cute little boy - :) Thanks for the layout, my dear :)

10 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm so pleased you had a better day. Here's to many more good days xxx

AmyG said...

I love your blog. Glad it was a better day. Made the strawberries mentioned a few days ago-HEAVEN. :)

AllisonG said...

Thank you for the Word Art - that's really what today is all about!

I found you via Jan Hunnicutt's blog by the way. She used your word art on one of her cards on her post. Love your work!

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 7 post on May. 30, 2011. Thanks again.

Samaniego be strong & courageous said...

Thanks for posting my layout :o), all my layouts go as far as facebook LOL Glad your day was better!

Melisa

Sandy_in_MD said...

I am glad your Sunday was a better day. Thanks so much for the Memorial Day word art.

emilydenise said...

I couldn't figure out how to send you a comment yesterday but I'm glad things are better today.

Scrappin' Mama said...

So glad to hear your day was better. It's tough when we have kids behaving in a manner that hurts us. I have been raising my nieces (along with our 5 kids) and one of them has severe autism! It's tough! You want to be able to communicate and understand and during these times of "anger" it's just not possible. I have found with her that if I don't "feed into her fits" then it tends to not last as long. I know that with each child, each situation is different :) I continue to pray for you everyday! My heart just breaks for these kiddos that try so hard to communicate in different ways and it's not always the best ways :(

Gina said...

glad you had such a better day! Love the Word Art, thanks :)

deb said...

Thanks for the great word art.