Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Out of It

Just to warn you, I took some benadryl and a decongestant, and I don't know how long I'm gonna be conscious. hehe. I'll blog fast. ha!

I woke up today with kids that were still sick. So I got Jake out the door at 7am, and Tom out the door at 7:30am, and the rest of us relaxed and slept until around 9am. I'd taken a migraine pill and some benadryl and a decongestant. So I was out of it for a bit. ha! The kids and I loaded up in the Saturn, and headed to the commissary. I needed a few things for the party.

And I saw my friend Julie there! Apparently she'd seen me earlier, but I was talking on the phone with my mom, and was so absorbed in my conversation, that I didn't see her. Oops. Totally wasn't blowing you off, girl :) We chatted until Jimmy wouldn't be good any longer, and I headed to the checkout to pay.

I got home in time to make these YUMMY strawberry cheesecake bites. They were DIVINE! Take a strawberry, slice the green part off, and make a hole in it with a parring knife. I combined 1 softened package of cream cheese, 1/3 cup powdered sugar, and 2 tsp lemon juice, then pipped it into the strawberry. And I crushed up some graham crackers in a separate bowl, then dipped the cheesecakey part of the strawberry into the crumbs. SO yummy!

We headed to the bus, and brought a strawberry each for the bus drive and the monitor :)

I got back home, and had JUST enough time to assemble these wraps. I bought the spinach herb tortillas, and spread cream cheese that I'd mixed with ranch powder and milk (in a separate bowl until creamy), then layered tomatoes, and spinach, and ham, and turkey. And rolled it, and sliced it. They were pretty tasty :)

Oh yeah, side note. Anyone know a trick for the Pampered Chef Mandoline? I can't get mine to work the way that the product was demo-ed at the party. It just made mush out of my tomatoes, and my cucumbers looked thin and nasty too. I'm sure there's just something that I'm missing....
I got to Terra's a little before 11:30, when the party started. And found out that the Stephanie girl that we were throwing the "welcome to the group" party for wasn't gonna be able to make it. hehe. So we decided to throw it for Margot instead. lol :)

Here's me with my Shoppette fill up of Diet Coke. And the clerk informed me that they didn't do refills at the Shoppettes. Oops. Better to beg forgiveness than ask permission, as the saying goes...
Terra and Amanda and I an Maggie and Kari and Charlotte and Margot ended up coming to the party. It was a SUPER fun lunch :)

At 2:30pm, the party had broken up, and I headed to the bus to get Jim. We brought the bus drive and monitor a plate of food from our party. hehe. Always good to keep on peoples good sides, you know :)

We dropped off the left over food at the house, and headed out for some more errands. I hate toting around sick kids, but what else do you do with them? hehe. First stop, the main post CDC to change my childcare appointment from Thursday to Friday. I have appointments tomorrow, and asked Maggie to get Jim to and from the bus. So maybe Kari and I can hike on Friday :)

Next stop, CYS registration. We figured out that summer camps for Jake would be $32 a camp. That's not bad for a week long day camp, eh? I signed him up for computer animation, horseback riding, BMX biking, and robotics. Those sounded like things he'd like.

I got Eme and Joe and Jim signed up for a week long piano camp. And decided to let Tom take guitar lessons in August. He's gonna be gone for a week in June, and we'll be busy a week in July. So August it is. You pay for weekly lessons in one month, and I wanna get my money's worth out of it.

And we headed back home. Jake was at the youth center for the afternoon, and I had Tom and Jim do their chores. Everyone else was sick. We ate left overs for dinner, and I watched part of a show, but really dozed the last part of it. I was EXHAUSTED. I was sneezing bad, and REALLY wanted a decongestant. But knew that it would knock me out, and Tom had ball practice at 5pm. sigh.

So, at 5pm, we headed out to George Moore field to drop off Tom. I told his coach that we weren't staying because I had sick kids, and that we'd be back at 7pm to pick them up. And I decided to swing by the youth center to get Jake. I needed a helper at home.

Jake did his chores, and played some racing video game on his game cube. And I decided to not go to the Diablos game tonight with Kari. See, I wasn't feeling terribly great. I just wanted to sleep. And I knew that I could push through it, and would have fun, but it wasn't really what was best for me. So, contrary to what was comfortable for me, I was assertive, and told Kari that I wasn't gonna come. We decided that we'd have to hit a game together later, and that we'd pay the $7 to get in.

I texted Terra to see if her and the twins wanted to come to Tom's baseball game and watch the rest of it. I knew if I laid down now, I'd never get up, and I still had to get Tom. There were only 45 minutes left of the game.

So she met me at the park. And the other baseball team had never shown up, so the game had been canceled. Oops, no one told me! They'd had a practice, and since we showed up at 6:20, Tom was already done. We walked around the park for a little bit to get some of the twins' energy out, then bought Ice Cream from the ice cream man!
I'd never bought anything from an ice cream man before! hehe :)

We were home by 7:30pm, and I worked on getting people ready for bed. Jim SO needed a bath after the ice cream. He's in bed now, and Tom and Jake are in the living room playing on electronics (they already did their chores (and picked up some of the slack from Eme and Joe, too!)), and I'm getting ready to send Eme and Joe to bed. They're laying quietly on my floor watching a movie on the portable DVD player. Every once in a while, though, they start coughing, and it seriously sounds like they're gonna cough up a lung or something...

It's now 8:13pm, and I can REALLY feel the benadryl. I'm gonna turn this off, and go and lay on the couch and watch some TV. And maybe doze. And tomorrow, I'm recommitting to my diet. I weighed on the scale tonight, and I'm up 40 lbs from last summer! SO not cool! I wanna lose 30 of that. That picture up there with me and the ice cream is the reason. hehe. Well, that and the fact that I brought home Costco cheesecake for the kids, and ended up eating it all. Compound that by a few months, and there's 30 lbs....

I really really wanna try and be good this time. I know I've said that in the past. And I haven't. But this time, this time I'm trying to be committed! Committed to the diet, not committed. ROFL! Did that, been there. ROFL! OK, so it's time to stop blogging for the night, I'm starting to get silly :)

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!

Dang, Sharon, I really do ask for it, don't I.... hehe :)


CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 7 post on May. 26, 2011. Thanks again.

Chris said...

Those Strawberries Looked Yummy!
Thank You Very Much for Your Brilliant WordArt!

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [27 May 02:15am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

benziengirl said...

Thanks Bethany! You are so funny! Wish I could find some fun friends like you here. We moved to Northern California about 6 weeks ago, and I am really outgoing, but finding people here not very friendly. :( I really wasn't worried about making new friends, until now. Anyways, thanks again, and blessings to you!

deb said...

That is a seriously interesting scrapbook page there! LOL Thanks for word art!