Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

You Can't Always Get What You Want

Hey, girls! Hope you're having a wonderful day so far. I must admit, I'm SO ready for bed. It just turned 11pm, and I'm EXHAUSTED. Don't know how I manage to fit so much into one short day. hehe.

Woke up today around 7am, read scriptures, said prayers, and got Eme ready for Volleyball camp. And I totally drove her up there barefoot. hehe. I didn't wanna take my socks off, and didn't wanna put on shoes. ROFL!

I dropped her off at 8am, and headed back home. I texted a few friends for a while, then chatted on the phone with Andrea for about 30 minutes. Here's the photo of myself that I took for her. Aren't I lovely? ha!

I played on the computer for a bit, and edited this photo of Terra's. It's her daughter Eryn and her sister, Avery. Aren't they cute!

At 10:30, Tom and Joe and Jim were awake, and Jake was still asleep. And I needed out of the house, kid free or a bit. So I headed to Big Lots. I was looking for a trash can with a lid. Maybe that would keep Boxer out of it...

I wandered around for a bit, found a few things, and headed back home. I found this ceramic spoon holder for the stove. Funny, but I've never owned one of these, and ALWAYS wanted one. So I bought on today!
Here's the trash can that I found. I'm gonna have Jake pick the sticker off. He's a picker, you know. hehe.
And this cooler. It's girlie colors. hehe.
And I found Bump Its! hehe. Never had them before. They're kinda spiffy. Can you tell that my hair is a bit taller than usual? hehe
We all got changed and ready for the pool, then headed out at 12:10 to get Eme and to have free lunch. Today was chicken nuggets, carrots, oranges or apples, and milk. Jake was still asleep when we left, so it was just Tom and Joe and Jim and Eme and I.
After eating, the kids and I headed to the pool. And my phone was totally dying. And I had no friends to chat with... Wo's me... hehe. Luckily, within 20 minutes, I saw someone that I knew. hehe.




I headed over to hang with my friends. Virginia and Margot were there! Yes! We hung by their seats, and then got in the water for a bit. And later, Kari and her kids came! Friends galore :) I went and hung with Kari, and she'd met a new lady. Liz. Her and her family had just moved to El Paso 4 days ago. They're waiting on Housing, and living in a hotel. Ick! Doesn't sound like fun. We traded numbers, and told her to come and play with us sometime :)

At 3pm, we left, headed home, got changed real fast, and headed up to the library. And all the kids came. Sigh. I SO wanted Jake to stay home with Jim, but he wasn't acting well enough to leave him in charge. I can always tell when he's "UP" for it and when he's not. And today was a not day...

So we all drove on up. We turned in our library books, and the kids checked out new library books for the summer reading program. And then we sat down for the movie. Sword in the Stone was today. No educational movie today. And the kids sat there the whole entire time, watching it quietly. See, we just needed a more entertaining movie for them. hehe.




Kari read some in her book, and worked on some birthday cards for her business mailings, and I designed a Facebook Invitation for Girls Night Out next week. It was funny, because within 5 minutes of putting it on Facebook, Terra had found it and was tagging people in it! Sw-eet! I didn't even have to ask. hehe.


We headed home, and I got dinner going. I'd put in BBQ chicken in the crock pot earlier in the day, and started the rice cooker when I got home. We had rice and chicken for dinner. And I got about 45 minutes to sit quietly in my room and relax.

Joe had gone to Kari's to play with Leo, and Jim and I headed out to the movies. Eme and Tom and Jake were playing on electronics at home. Cars 2! Jim was SO excited! We got our tickets, and bought some popcorn and drinks. He was SUPER excited about that! I had him pose in front of a few posters. Cool, huh?




We went in and found our seats, munched on some popcorn, took a few pictures, and enjoyed the movie. Well, he REALLY enjoyed the movie. I tolerated it. NOT my favorite...
But it was good because I was watching it with Jimmy, and because he absolutely loved it. But, it was the worst Pixar Movie yet... Wall-E was slow, but it seemed to have more substance. This one just seemed flashy, and busy, and colorful. There were some funny lines in it, and I did laugh a bit. But it just wasn't as good as the first one.

Terra and the twins and the big girls had come too, and they left 1/2 way through the movie. I took Jim to the bathroom about that time, and got a popcorn and soda refill. I don't think I missed much. The 2nd half was better than the first half. I mean, it wasn't the worst movie that I'd ever seen. I've seen some DUMB movies in my time. But it just wasn't up to the normal Disney/Pixar standards. In my opinion.

We got home at 9 something, I got Jim to bed, Joe came home from Kari's, Eme went to bed, and Jake and Tom watched a movie on the couch, and I changed clothes and Kari and I went on another 4 mile walk. Yes! I'm gonna get in shape/lose weight eventually... I wish I could report that I was doing better, but I'm struggling still...

Anyway, we walked and chatted and tried to avoid the sprinklers. It was an maze in places. hehe. Good workout, though! I got home after 10pm, and started blogging. And was SOOO incredibly tired. I'm SO ready for bed. The boys are watching a movie, and I'm gonna finish up my episode of 24 and go straight to bed. *Yawns*

I'm going to Yoga with Kari tomorrow, then hurrying back to the Youth Center to pick up Eme from Volleyball camp. Don't know if we'll make it to the pool or not... Maybe I need to stay home and take a good, long nap tomorrow. LOL.

Amanda comes home tomorrow, too, I think. Miss ya, my dear! Drive safely!

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!


OooOoo, LOVE those blues and yellows together! Great page, Sharon!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Another great WA! Thank you so much :)

vickie said...

Love the song, love the word art!

deb said...

What funny word art! Reminds me of birthdays and Christmas'! LOL