Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Tuesday, December 13, 2011


Hey, you guys! So, after I took my Ambien last night, I fell asleep on the couch. Then woke up at 2:30am... and stumbled into bed. hehe. And must have lost my phone inside the couch. Cause I couldn't find it when I woke up at 7:06am.

I hustled really fast to get the kids ready, and ran out the door to the bus. Tom had already left. And check out the lovely present that someone left for me. Um, what the heck? There's no way that a dog would do that, right??? So that means that someone left me this as a what? A birthday prank? A sick joke? Yeah, dog crap on a box in my front yard. Nice one.... hehe.

I got the kids off on the bus, and headed back home. And got Jake ready and out the door. And crawled back into bed. See, I was still feeling a little down from yesterday. And I had no definite plans for today.

So I just stayed in bed, and tried to sleep, and but ended up looking at facebook most of the time. Cause people were wishing my Happy Birthday, and the phone was buzzing every few minutes. hehe.

And I knew that I should get up and do something productive, but I just didn't want to. I wanted to sleep. And do nothing. Secretly, I think I just wanted to feel sorry for myself. Because Captain America was gone.

My mom called at some point, and we chatted for a bit. And my phone was going wild in the background. After about 10 minutes, the dog started barking a lot, and then I noticed Kari! hehe. I let me mom go, and went to investigate. Apparently, the school had called because Joe had wet his pants, and when they couldn't get a hold of me, they called her. And she couldn't get a hold of me, so she came over to get Joe his clothes. Cause we're just that good of friends. hehe :)

She said that since she was already out, that she'd drive me up to the school. I grabbed some clothes for Joe, threw on a coat and shoes, then we drove on up to the school. Joe changed, we grabbed his wet clothes, and back to post we headed.

Kari said that we should go to lunch for my birthday, and it sounded like a TON of fun! I said that I could be ready by 11am, and hurried inside to get ready. And texted everyone to get a group together. And decided on Applebees. Because I like it! hehe. Their Philly CheeseSteak burgers are SO good! Yummy!

I hopped in the shower, and by the time I was out, I had a few takers on lunch! Oh yeah, we were having a par-tay! hehe :) I got to Facebook Messenger with Captain America for a few minutes (WOOHOO), which really made my day. Love that boy!!!

I picked up Rebecca, then we went to pick up Julia. She's still post-op, and needed a bit of help getting in the truck. But she's looking a lot better :) I'm so glad that she came with us!

We got to Applebees, and ended up having a pretty big group! Me, and Julia, and Rebecca, and Kim and Corey (had his tonsils out on Friday), and Terra, and Kari, and Maggie and Tom and Hannah.

Kari had brought me a CUTE Hershey's ornament, and Terra had brought me some Scentsy. SO sweet! We ate, and chatted, and laughed, and had a good time :) It was a great birthday lunch! Thanks, you guys, for the GREAT company at lunch! You are awesome :)

We headed home after lunch, and I dropped off the girls. And walked in my door, and realized that I'd forgotten my gifts at the restaurant! Crap! I called real fast, and yup, they were under the table. They set it aside for me, and I said that I'd be up soon.

After a few minutes, I went to pick up Kim and Corey, and we went back to Applebees to get the gifts. Thank goodness! I didn't wanna lose those! hehe :)

We picked them up, and headed to Big Lots. Because, you know, I had the 20% off coupon to use! And those dishes were calling my name! hehe :)

Lovely, huh? LOL
Bell necklace? ha!

This hat was SUPER freaky! hehe :) It lit up and sang and moved back and forth. Oh yeah, creepy!
I thought this was super funny! So I had to buy it - hehe :)

And guess what??? I'd waited long enough to buy the dishes set, that they were on sale! $40 for 16 pieces. Dinner plates, saucers, mugs, and bowls. Service for 4. And then I got the 20% off! Sa-weet! So I ended up paying like $64 for the whole 2 sets instead of the $100 it was supposed to be. See, it pays to procrastinate! hehe :)

I paid for Kims stuff too (she's gonna pay me back), so she could use the 20% off reward. Tricky, huh? We had a lot of fun looking and shopping and finding good stuff :)

Then we paid, and headed out to her kids' school. We picked up Austin, and headed back to her house/the bus stop. She went to pick up Scotty from school, and I got my kids. And headed back to the house.

I got Tom, and Joe and Jim, and Justin (Kari's oldest), and we headed to Tom's Guitar lesson. Check it out! I got a special delivery on my door today!!!! Christmas Tulips!!!

I dropped Tom off at guitar, then we drove over to Biggs to drop Justin off at Milam Youth Center. Jake had rode the bus there after school. We came on home, and I had the kids start on chores. And I put my flowers in some water. Aren't they pretty!!!

And I had just enough time to set up my tiny table tree! I love it!

And then, it was time to go and get Tom. Joe and Jim and I drove back to get him, and then we were back home. And it was time to go to Kim's for dinner. She had invited my family over for spaghetti dinner! Super fun!!!

We got there, and I helped cook while the kids played. I was in charge of the garlic bread! We made 4 loaves of it. Oh yeah! TONS of garlic bread :) hehe.

We really did have a great time at Kim's house. She's a great friend :)

But what's up with this snowman....... LOL!
LOTS of garlic bread!
This was my 3rd glass of water this evening. I was super thirsty. hehe :) We stayed until 8pm and played. And watched a Disney Channel christmas movie, too. "Good Luck Charlie", or something like that. I don't know, we don't have Disney Channel. It was a cute movie, whatever it was.
We headed home at 8, and spent the next hour cleaning up. My house wasn't too bad, but it smelt like dog. Nasty. Not sure where the smell was coming from. So we swept really good, and cleaned. And I replaced the Scentsy. At least I could mask the odor, right? LOL :)

I sent the kids to bed at 9pm, and went in my room to blog and watch some Grimm. It's now 11pm, and I'm sleepy. And I wanna say THANKS for all of the Happy Birthday wishes on my Facebook page! You guys are awesome :) I feel loved. My day turned out super happy! I was feeling down and sad at the beginning, and I remember saying a silent prayer for it to turn around. And it was answered! Heavenly Father was watching out for me! Thanks!!!

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!

Nice one, Sharon! Loving the lavender color, and those flowers are beautiful :) Cute!


CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 7 post on Dec. 13, 2011. Thanks again.

Shelly said...

Awesome page, Sharon! You're super creative.

I'm so glad you had a good day for your birthday, Bethany. :) The spaghetti and garlic bread look delicious.

Thanks for the terrific word art. Hugs!!!