Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Sunday, March 18, 2012

5, 6, Pick Up Sticks

Hey guys :) How was your Saturday? Ours was fantabulous! We got to sleep in! hehe. CPT woke up and went lifting, and I hung with the family. And did chores. Then got them ready for Mandatory Fun. What, you're not familiar with that term? Well, it's like a company picnic, but you are REQUIRED to go. Hence the mandatory party. And the picnic making it the "fun" part. hehe.

Paul and Carol didn't wanna be out in the sun that long, so they opted out. At 11am, we headed up to Kelly park for the picnic. They had bouncy castles galore! One with Velcro, one like "wipeout", one with a bungee run, one with a obstacle course, one with a boxing ring, all sorts of stuff! Plenty of things to keep the kids busy! We just let the kids go and do their own thing, and let them know where we would be sitting.

CPT had a lot of people there that he knew to visit with. There were a few ladies that I knew that I visited with. One was Mrs. Daniels. I enjoyed her. I stayed with her most of the time. Soon, it was time for lunch. Potato casserole and corn and steak and hot dogs and rolls and all sorts of WONDERFUL stuff! It turned out to be a lot of fun for "Mandatory Fun". hehe.

We ended up leaving around 1pm. And headed home. As we pulled into the driveway, I realized that Leigh was having her Cookie-Lee Jewelry party. Oh crap. I was supposed to go to it! It was 1:30, and I was SO supposed to be there!

CPT said to go and stay for about 30 minutes, and that we'd go to the museums that we were supposed to go to at 2pm. Sounded good to me. Leigh was gonna host a Miche party for me in April. So I needed to go to her party.

I got there, and they had a lot of really pretty jewelry. But it was expensive for me. I don't wear expensive stuff. Cause I break it or lose it. And that bothers me. ha! I don't mind breaking or losing cheap crap. ROFL!

Anyway, I guess it took me longer than I thought it was gonna, because soon, CPT was sending small children to look for me. I picked out what I wanted, and paid. And then CPT was there looking for me too! It was 2:30 apparently! Oh crap! I got my necklace and earrings (I had one more that was ordered at 50% off) and headed out.

We had to take 2 cars, because we had 9 people, and we headed downtown to the Holocaust museum. I was a bit worried about 5 children, one of which was special needs, at a Holocaust museum. But they all did fabulous. Everyone was respectful. My mother in law thought that I was worried about people being too sad. Nope, I was worried about disrespect. You can see that with my group, right? But they all walked along and watched the movies (4 in total along the self guided tour) respectfully, and I think that they learned a lot. And that it made an impression. Especially on Joe.

Jim wanted to know why there was a model of lots of people standing naked in a shower. So I had to tell him all about that. He seem mortified (as he should). He was sobered at the thought.

After the Holocaust museum, we had an hour to get to the Border patrol museum across town. We got there with 40 minutes to look around. With was great, because it was very hands on for the kids. They had vehicles to play on, and mess around with. They loved it. We ended up getting shirts for the youngest 3, and suckers on the way out for all the kids. They were excited. LOL.

At 5pm when the museum closed, my car full of people headed back home, and CPT's car full of people headed to the commissary to get stuff for a cookout. I came home to blog, and he's still at the commissary. We're having a cookout tonight. Yummy!

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!


2 comments:

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 4 post on Mar. 18, 2012. Thanks again.

Shelly said...

I'm so glad you're having a nice visit with your in-laws. Thanks for the fun word art series you're doing. Hugs!!!