Kind of reminded me of when, as a child, there was an elderly woman at church, who was giving a talk, or bearing her testimony (something like that - could have even been an enrichment meeting in the chapel), and fell on the stand and hurt herself. They had to call the paramedics. And the other old ladies were so panicked, that they started singing hymns SO loud that the paramedics couldn't hear what was going on. Comical, to say the least.
Well, that's what today reminded me of. The bishop was up there on the cell phone, trying to get instructions on how to fix the feed, and we were singing hymns, trying to keep the congregation in check (room full of people with nothing to do). All I could do was giggle.
Anyway, 30 minutes after 9am (when it was supposed to start), they called it. We could drive 30 minutes across town to the Stake Center to catch the rest of the 2 hour conference, or go home. Since I didn't have enough gas to get there, and since we'd already come to church, I decided to take everyone home. CPT didn't feel like putting in any input (I think he was trying to prove a point or something?), so I drove us home. Kids were super excited. Shortest church ever, AND it totally counted. hehe.
We all changed out of our Sunday clothes, and I baked some cookies. With on sale Valentines M&M's that I'd got at the Commissary yesterday. Oh yeah. Here's the recipe that I've been using for my chocolate chip cookies as of late. It's a good one.
3/4 cup of butter
3/4 cup of brown sugar
1/4 cup of white sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
2 tsp corn starch (secret ingredient!)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
add 1 package chocolate chips, or M&M, or whatever you want
Yeah, I've been making these a lot. I just recited this to you from memory. No wonder I've gained so much weight! LOL. Fat and happy, fat and happy. Well, fat, anyway. ROFL!
Bake at 350 for 7 or 8 minutes. Under bake them and let them sit on the oven. The seem to keep their shape very well, and be squishy and delicious in the middle! LOVE them so much. This recipe makes 3-4 dozen.
And here we are. Almost 11 am on Sunday. And that's why we go to church. Ha! Because otherwise we have a WHOLE day with kids and we can't do anything at all with them. ROFL! No really, if you are LDS, you understand :P
I've done a lot of soul searching these last 2 days. And I don't really know what I've come up with as an answer. I haven't had a happy weekend. My soul is sad. And confused. And downtrodden. Is that an answer? I don't know. I see our therapist on Monday morning at 9am. I'm gonna discuss things with her. She is a very wise woman.
Anyway, I wanted to do a list of sorts. A random fact/recent happenings/ramblings of my mind kind of list. I thought it would be kinda fun. So, here goes nothing!
1. My christmas garland is still up in the living room and I like it.
2. I've been having to get on Jacob for using the communal electric razor on his pubes!!!
3. I got purple highlights last month.
4. Jim has a faux hawk.
5. The woman at the beauty school who first cut Eme's hair in a Stacked Bob now lives by my friend, Leanne, and came to lunch with us last week! What a SMALL world. She was showing Leanne her haircut book, and there was Emeline! hehe.
6. I got a ticket on post for coming to an 85% stop. Does that last 15% really matter??? Sigh.
7. We went to Ft Hood between Christmas and New Years to see my sister, my parents, and Ms. Kim! It was a ton of fun!
8. There is now a Miche shell called Bethany!!!! I like to think it was named after me!
9. I am now watching Arrow, Once Upon a Time, Revenge, Dr Who, Breaking Bad, Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, Bones, Walking Dead, How I Met Your Mother, Glee, Touch, Fringe, Grimm. Dang, how did I get so many shows all of a sudden? I thought it was just a few....
10. I can't think of a number 10 right now.... So you get 9. lol.
Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!