Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Good Things

Happy Sunday again! And Happy Conference to all of my LDS friends, out there! I hope you're watching (or listening, like me) and enjoying hearing the words of our prophet and church leaders! I always find it SO uplifting.

SO, we woke up on Saturday morning at about 8:30am. Just barely enough time for Captain America and Jacob to get ready and out the door and up the canyon. Yeah, I passed the buck off to Captain America this week. hehehe. The little kids and I just stayed home and relaxed. It was SO nice.

We turned on Conference at 10am, and Eme and I listened and designed her Baptism invitations at the same time. I think it turned out SO cute! Captain America wasn't crazy about the flower on her ear, but it's really the only thing she REALLY wanted. And, after all, it's her invite, right? Still, I think it's adorable! I used Irene Alexeeva's Thumbelina kit for it. Fabulous!

After the 1st session of Conference, I made some quick roll dough, and some sugar cookie dough. One needed to raise, and one needed to chill. Captain America, Jimmy and I headed out to the store. I'd sent the prints to Walgreens (because Walmart photo lab is SO dead to me), and even got a special deal. Get 50 prints for $5.00 (only 10 cents a piece) with the code FALLFEST. I don't know what I'm gonna do with 50 invitations, though. ha! I think I'll mail some to my mom and some to Captain Americas parents to hand out as "keepsakes".

Walgreens was fast (the prints were done earlier than expected) and closer than Walmart. I've found my new photo developing store. Next, it was on to Walmart. I know, I know. I can't get away from that place. We decided to go to one a bit farther away, but it's a better Walmart. Well, we THOUGHT it was a better Walmart. I swear, I may never go back!

We went to get shampoo, deodorant, foot powder, body wash, and vanilla. Well, we got all of the hygiene products, and made our way over to the food. Guess what? Out of vanilla. Nice. And, it's SUPER crowded, even for a Saturday. Captain America hates crowds, so it was extra nice for me (insert sarcasm here).

We bought a deli pizza for the kids, and some popcorn shrimp/chicken too. It's Jimmys favorite. Something else we needed to buy they were out of also.

So, we go to get in line, and it's SO long. Like 6 people in front of us, and the line isn't moving AT ALL. After about 15 minutes, I tell Captain America to take Jimmy and go to Lowes. It's the next stop. I say that I'll wait outside for him. I wait for another 15 minutes in line (grabbing a Symphony bar (the worlds BEST milk chocolate) and a diet Coke), then go outside to wait.

I have a nice chat with an older lady who's also waiting for her husband to pick her up, and then she leaves, and I'm left alone. About 20 minutes later, he comes. Lowes was just as slow as Walmart. We both vow to NEVER go to Walmart on a Saturday again. In fact, the commissary and PX are looking like better and better options for our hygiene items. So we pay a few extra dollars. Isn't it worth that much money of our time. And sanity.

Walmart, I feel like you've let me down. You need to open up more registers, ESPECIALLY on Saturdays. AND, you need to stock your shelves better. Surely it's can't only be items that I want that are gone. Know what I mean? The money savings is quickly becoming not as important as the wasted time.

We got home at 3:45pm, missing ALL of the 2nd session. Thank, Walmart. See what you did! hehehe. I started work on my rolls first. I put them in cupcake tins, and let them rise. I then rolled out the dough for the sugar cookies, and cut out Halloween shapes. We (Eme and I) did gravestones and ghosts and candy corn. OMGosh, they were SO cute. We got 2 cookie sheets worth of shapes out of 1/2 of the dough. 1/2 went into the fridge for Sunday.

We made frosting, and decorated the cookies. They were SO cute. I made up a plate for Katy, and then baked the rolls. She got a bag full of them too. She's sick, and Adela was making her soup, so I made rolls and cookies. Poor girl! You feel better, you hear! NO more being sick. You're cramping my social life - LOL!

We must have just ate rolls for dinner, because thinking back, I can't remember cooking anything - LOL! I did clean up the kitchen, and Eme finished off the counters. The kids did most of their chores, and played some computer. I took a brief nap, and a bath, and read a bit in my Dan Brown book.

At 7:30pm, I read 3 chapters of The Hunger Games to the kids. It'd been a LONG time since I'd read it. Now my voice is sore - LOL! As I sit here blogging about my day, I can hear my oldest 2 boys upstairs talking about the Hunger Games store, theorizing about what will happen next. I'm really enjoying reading it to them. I get to be a part of their though processes while they hear the story unravel before them. It's SO much fun.

Since I got to listen to the 1st session of General Conference yesterday, I decided to pick a quote from one of the talks. This one, from Pres. Uchtdorf really stood out in my mind. I thought it was WONDERFUL! I hope that you do too!

Click on the links below to go to my accounts to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!

4shared
box.net

5 comments:

Kim said...

Love it Bethany. Thank you!

AnneMarie said...

love the invitation!! Where did you get the BAPTISM description? I am looking for that... thanks!

Joelle said...

The baptism announcement is gorgeous! Good job.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 17 post on Oct. 04, 2009. Thanks again.

Bev said...

Bethany I copied your baptism announcement and posted a my version in your forum.