Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Hold to the Truth

Howdy girls!!! How is your weekend going??? Off to a good start?? Ours is going pretty good. I was up at 7am (yeah, forgot to turn off my alarm - sigh), so I cooked French Toast for everyone. WAY too much, too. I was able to put back 10 pieces in a ziplock twice into the freezer for another morning. 2 ready-made breakfasts for next week, I guess. hehehe.

My dad must have been bored after he woke up, because he started cleaning, and didn't really stop until we went somewhere. hehehe. I guess I didn't mind so much. My house looked better when he was done - LOL!

At 9am we headed off to the Post Thrift store. They were having a $0.10 sale. Here's me posing with Captain America before he left for work, and before we went to the thrift store.


Here's the thrift store on post. We took Jimmy, but let the other kids stay home. We found another white dress for Eme for fabric. Sooner or later, her dress is gonna look good - LOL! We found a few shirts for Tom, and one for Jimmy, and a silky sheet set, all for a dime each. Can't beat that. But really, their selection wasn't too good for the dime sale. I was a little disappointed. We did find a VHS copy of Jurassic park, so the trip wasn't a total waste - ROFL! Well, in Jimmy's mind, at least.


When we got home, we took some really nice pics of the kids. I'm gonna print these individual ones off as school pictures. Because I'm too cheap to pay for them at the school. I thought they turned out really nice.

Thomas Lee


Joseph Guild

Jacob Hampton

Emeline Melissa

James Brownlee

Next, we wanted a group shot. Jimmy was SO upset about something. I can't remember now what it was, though. But he simply refused to smile. He was crying and wiping his eyes and everything. So we took a silly one at first. See, he just looks silly - LOL


Grandma was talking about something super funny, and making everyone laugh. Too cute! Jimmy was still crying in this one, but towards the end, he cheered up. I just photoshopped his picture from then into this one. Can't really even tell. hehehe.


Next, it was off to lunch at Taco Cabana. Mmmmm. Andrea and Captain America met us there for lunch. Cabana bowls are Super Yummy!



We sat outside in the sunshine. Here's Andrea.


And Jimmy and I


Joe and Eme


Jake and Joe's nose holes and Tom

After lunch, we came back home, dropped off most of the kids, and headed back out to Big Lots and K-Mart. Eme had Birthday money that she wanted to spend. I found a glasses set at Big Lots for $7.00 for 12 glasses. I only had 5 drinking cups/glasses to my name, so it was time for a new set - hehehe.

At K-Mart, Eme found an 8 GB MP3 player with video capabilities for only $40. She was pretty excited. We got some candy for the movie (yes, I know, I'm bad), and headed back home.

We got everyone ready again, and headed out to the movies. G-Force. Yes, the Hampster movie. LOL! Here's a pic of us on the way.


The Montwood Movies 7 movie theater is right where that tall tower part is. It's only $2.00 per ticket, and $1.00 all day Tuesday. Can't beat that!


Here we all are in front of the box office.


Jake and Tom with Elvis - hehehe - their new favorite guy!

So on the way home, my brother called and was talking to my mom, and she was telling him that she'd just got done with the movies. I guess he asked which one she went to see, and she said G-Force. You know, the Hamster spy movie. She said we went because the kids wanted to see it.

Well, I had to set her straight -ROFL! SHE's the one who wanted to see it - LOL! The big kids all wanted to see GI Joe - LOL! Too funny :) It was different. Not one I think I'd buy. But Jimmy thoroughly enjoyed it - hehehe.

We stopped at Little Cesears and bought 2 $5.00 pizzas for the kids for dinner. It was 6:30pm by then. As I was talking to Captain America on the phone, I heard the backseat break out in a lovely falsetto version of "In the Jungle", with my dad leading it - TOO funny! Next, they started talking about making a restraurant called "The Hungry Hippo", and serving Hippopotamus Bottomous. I thought Jacob was gonna wet himself he laughed so hard. hehehe.

We got the kids all fed and situated and settled in for the night, and the grown ups headed out for dinner. My dad wanted to go to a Steak house in Texas. We knew that our budget wasn't gonna be big enough for a REAL steak house, so we settled for "The Cattle Baron", near the airport. It was pretty good.


Captain America and I, waiting for 30 minutes outside to be seated


My mom and Dad

The food was pretty good. Captain America and my dad both got steaks, and my mom and I both got the salad bar. FABULOUS salad bar. It had salads and veggies and fruits and a few desserts. It was PERFECT! Mmmmm. I'm still full. hehehe.

We came home, put the big kids to bed, and my mom and I headed out to Wal-Mart. We needed to get some thick ribbons for Eme's dress. It had to be after 10pm when we left the house for Wal-Mart. It was shaping up for a long night.

While there, we found ribbon, and thread for the dress, white socks for her to wear, foot powder for Captain America, stuff to make Cupcakes for refreshments, and dollar sodas at the McDonalds inside WalMart. I know, I know, I hate Walmart. But it was open 24 hours. And had (mostly) what I needed. Sigh.

We headed home, and started through the gate, when we were "randomly" picked for a car inspection. I was beginning to think that we'd never get checked. Frequently, I was, what appeared to be, next in line to get flagged aside, but they'd let me go, and pick the tiny car behind me. I wouldn't wanna check my truck. It's a monster - LOL! My faith in the system is restored - hehehe. It's supposed to be a random selection for the gate checks.

Anyway, I gave them my ID, my mom's id, and we had to open all the doors, the trunk doors, and pop the hood. I tried, but couldn't get the hood popped. The guard had to help me - LOL! I tried to think what I'd do if I broke down and couldn't get it open, but decided that I'd ask the nearest man to help, so didn't feel bad after that.

When they let us back in, one of the guards came up laughing to us. He said "Now, I'm just joking" a few times, then said "You may wanna be more careful where you stow your firearms". Making sure that we knew that he was joking. I didn't know what he was talking about. Did Joe leave his light saber in the truck? The guard said, just look in the backseat when you get in. I did, and found Joe's toy pistol laying on the seat. NICE! Good thing we got good humored guards. ROFL! I wonder what they thought when they found it under the seat - LOL!

When we got home, my mom printed off Eme's baptism programs, and I sewed the new dress my mom bought to the skirt that I bought the other day. It really looked good when it was done. I hemmed the bottom, and ironed it.

Then, I designed for Saturday, and we downloaded all the pictures, and I blogged. Wow, it's almost 2am. I think I need to go to bed. Saturday we have to make cupcakes, make a quick trip to the Dollar Tree, Halloween party at 10am, lunch at home at noon, baptism at 2pm, and the Stake Presidency (church) wants to meet with Captain America and I at 5pm (they wanted it before Sunday......), then dinner at Chili's directly after that. Do you think we could squeeze a little bit more fun in there????? I don't think so!

Here's the 2nd part of the "Glenn-ism", his "Words To Live By" thingy. hehehe. Hope you like it!

Click on the links below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 9 post on Oct. 24, 2009. Thanks again.

Mom2mykids said...

You already know I love the Glenn Beck comments! Thanks so much!! Sounds like you had another busy day. I don't know how you do it! I get tired just reading about your day(s). LOL.

Jen Graham said...

I still think you do more in a day that I do all week! Wow woman!