Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Valentine's Day

Another happy and full day :) I like to keep it full, can you tell? hehehe.

I was up at 7am, getting kids ready for the day. I drove them up to school, then headed on over to Andreas house to exercise. Jake was doing school, and Jimmy was playing.

We exercised, and it wasn't as bad as yesterday. We even chatted through most of it. That's a sign that our bodies are adjusting. I think after this week of the basic workout, we'll switch to the middle one next week. It's another 20 minutes longer, and HARDER. I'm scared - hehehe.

I went home, took a shower, got pretty (I even straightened my hair), and sat down at my computer to research sayings/quotes for my WordArt packs for the week. That's they hardest part for me. Picking the sayings. The design process flows quite easily. After finding just the right ones, I made sure that the kids were good, and headed out with Andrea.

She needed to go to the Thrift shop, and put a few things on consignment. We got there 5 minutes after the consignment part closed. Who knew that they didn't keep the same hours as the thrift store. Sigh. We'll come back tomorrow.

After that, we headed to the mall. Not the big mall, but the little one by our house. We went to Eve's store, and to the Jewelry Box. I wanted to get some prizes for my party. And some more stuff for myself. I just can't resist. I ended up getting some Valentines for the kids too. They had Spiderman, Shrek, and Littlest Pet Shop Valentines plus 16 pencils. All for a dollar. That's a wonderful price. I got them just for the pencils for the kids and to play with the Valentines. I knew they'd like it. I got a necklace with earrings, and 2 pair of earrings for myself.

I got 6 prizes for the party, and Laurie and Andrea helped me pick them out. Laurie had met us at The Jewelry Box. LOVE that store. Can you tell? ROFL!

Laurie, Andrea, and I headed out to lunch after shopping. We went to Carlos and Mickeys. FANTABULOUS Mexican food. But a bit spicy for me. The chips and salsa about did me under. I sucked down at least 3-4 glasses of water, and another 3 glasses of soda. It was WAY spicy. I got the Taco Salad, and the girls got the chimichungas. Yeah, I know that's not spelled right.... We had a good time eating and chatting and being girls :)

After lunch, Andrea dropped me back off at home. Jake was way since done with school, and he and Jimmy were playing SO nicely together. They're really great kids, you know!

I got 1 WordArt pack designed, then took Jimmy, and we dropped off Andreas earring holder at her house, then headed up to the school. We got the kids, and played at the park for 30 minutes. We convinced Laurie to stay and let her kids play too. It was a grand time :)

Back home, and I got dinner for the kids (ok, so I had the kids get their own dinner - bad mom - LOL), and got ready for the School Board meeting. The Military Liaison told us that we should go to the school board meeting, because they were voting on our busing situation. Apparently, if the area was deemed "Hazardous", then they'd have to bus us. And because of the construction, and fenced off areas, and such, I think it's pretty hazardous.

It took FOR-EV-ER!!! They had people getting awards, and recognized the football team from one of the schools that won state, and this, that, and the other thing. Finally, it was our turn. They said that the Corrigador neighborhood for Ross and Hughey schools needed to be classified as Hazardous, and as such, would get busing. Some dude came forward (who we didn't know), and explained that it was because of construction, and that it would be temporary, for about 18 months. For this year and next year. Someone on the school board voted to pass it, someone seconded it, and it passed unanimously. All this worry Andrea and I had for nothing. The longer we'd sat there, the more sure we were that they were gonna vote it down. hehehe. We'd worked ourselves up for nothing :)

The dude went back to his seat, gathered his stuff, and made to leave. Andrea and I quickly followed after him, and asked what the next step was. He said that the district person would get a hold of the principals, and that a schedule would be worked out! Yeah for a bus!!!

We got back home a little after 6pm, and got dinner going. Taco salad. It's SO yummy. And not spicy. I just realized that I had taco salad for both lunch and dinner. ROFL! I didn't even think of it before now - hehehe.

I went in my room, and whipped out 5 WordArt packs, and got them loaded in the store. Captain America came home at around 7pm, and at 7:30pm we played a family game of dominos, We put the kids to bed (the little ones) at around 8pm, and I finished designing and loading. Captain America left to go play Basketball with his team from the battery, and I kept working.

By 9pm, I was all done. Store loaded, packs designed. All good. I sent the older kids off to bed, and texted Laurie to see if she wanted to watch the Season finale of Season 2 Doctor Who. She told me she was on it, and I said that I wanted to watch it with her. It ALWAYS makes me cry ;)

I got there, and she asked if she should make some snacks. Um, YES! Chocolate covered strawberries. Um, who in their right mind turns THAT down - heheeh. While Dr Who loaded on Nexflix, we went out and dipped some strawberries, and put them in the freezer to cool.

We went in the tv room, and started watching. About 1/2 way through ,the strawberries were done. OMHeavens, was it good. I think I had 3 or 4. I just LOVE chocolate, milk chocolate especially, and it was a perfect blend, the sweet chocolate with the slightly sour strawberry. HEAVEN!

As the show ended, we were both in tears, and she headed off to bed, and I headed home. Captain America was back from the game, and on the computer. I hung out in the computer room with him for a bit, and started working on WordArt Wednesday, and blogging.

He went to bed at 11:30pm, and here it is, midnight. I'm gonna tie this up, read a chapter, then go to bed myself. There's one thing to say about having a SUPER busy life. You sure sleep well when you get to - ROFL!

I got a request from JackieAnn, who wanted a WordArt for husband. OK, so this is for Valentine's day, but it's for husband/man. And wife/woman too. Because I'm just that good - ROFL! And humble, as you can tell - hehehe

Click HERE to go to Scrap Orchard to download the zip file, and remember, it's only good for about a week. And you need to be logged into the gallery if you want the download. And leave some love if you like chocolate covered strawberries while watching Season 2 Doctor Who season finale with girlfriends :)


7 comments:

Toni said...

awww, i love that! i am so gonna use it for my valentine card for the hubby...and btw, if you need something specific for a quote for a word art, i may have something lol! i have two or three really nice poem/quote books that i got a while back and it even says in the book can be used for projects, etc...

a said...

Oooooo, hook me up, girl!!!

mom2triplets04 said...

It's gorgeous. Would like to use it for my husband's card but the link you gave to Scrap Orchard when I sign in I get this 404 Not found error?

a said...

Did you register separately for the gallery? It's not the same registration as the forum and store. You need to register again for the gallery. I know it's a pain, but that's how the system works :) Hopefully that will work for ya, hon!

julie said...

So sad. I can't get the download either. I get the error message, and can't find anywhere to sign up again. Waaaah! It's such a cute word art and I really did want it.

a said...

Hey girls - if your having troubles and can't log in, just shoot me an email, and I"ll send you the file

bnbharty@gmail.com :)

thanks, and sorry about that

linnie-818 said...

Scooped up this charming word art along with a few of your older ones at Scrap Orchard. Ok Ok! I scooped them all. LOL I am shameless when it comes to collecting digital design work (both free and purchased). I love it all. Thank you so much for sharing this (and all the others) with us!