Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My Pals

Captain America had the day off today! It was kinda nice :) I got the kids up and going to school at 7am, made pancakes, and they left to catch the bus at 7:30am. I snuck back in my room and hoped on the computer for a while, since Andrea's son, Luke, was sick, and we weren't gonna exercise together.

Captain America woke up at around 8:30, and we hung out with the kids for a while. Captain America and Jimmy and I went to take Captain Americas truck into the muffler shop. We waited for him to drop it off and talk to the guys, just waiting in the Suburban on the street. Well, about a block away, we could see this police car, with 4 dudes in trouble. They were leaning over the police car, hands spread, and the cops were walking around them, talking on phones. There were at least 3 police officers, and 2 police cars. I SO wanted to know what was going on..... I think it comes from being the granddaughter of a Volunteer Fireman. My grandpa ALWAYS wanted to know everything that was going on - hehehe.

Anyway, I was sitting in the truck with Jimmy, chatting on the phone with my mom, when this 5th dude walks down the street, on the opposite side of the rode. His pants are WAY low riding, and I was telling my mom how this dude was walking down the sidewalk, grabbing himself, trying to keep his pants up. Those low rider pants are ridiculous. ANYWAY...

So he crosses the street in front of my truck, and out of no where, this police care comes barreling at me. I started to get a bit panicked. He jumped out of the cruiser, grabbed the guy, and made him spread it on the police car. He patted him down, but found nothing. I guess he thought that the dude looked like he was carrying a gun. And yeah, he was grabbing himself in the front, like it could have been a gun. I just assumed that he was grabbing his pants up. Or himself - LOL!

Anyway, 10 minutes later, after the policeman takes his wallet, and runs his name through the computer, he shakes the dudes hand, and lets him go. This was like 2 feet from the hood of my truck. Yeah, that was TOO much action for my liking. I take back wanting to know what was going on.

Right before Captain America came back out and got in the truck, the police officers let all 4 of the dudes go, and they started walking back down the street. No idea what that was all about. Maybe I'm better off not knowing, ya think?

Because we were in the neighborhood, we swung by Fallas Parades. I just LOVE that store, and it was kinda fun browsing. I did end up getting a bamboo mortar and pestal. Because I've never had one before :) And it was only $3.99.

So, we headed back to post, and stopped by the Battery (Captain Americas office) to get something from his work computer. Jim and I went in with him, and sat in his office for a few minutes.

After that, it was back home. We got lunch at home, helped Jake with his homework, went on the computer for a little while, and before I knew it, it was time to go to the bus and get the kids. Andrea and Vernoica were both driving to the school today for whatever reason, so I only had to get my own off the bus.

I met this really nice lady, who's the mom of one of EMe's classmates, at the bus stop, and we stayed at the bus stop chatting for an hour. And I can't for the life of me remember her name - hehehe. Starts with an L, I think.

We were back at home at 4:30pm, and the kids played out front with the neighbor kids for a while, then we all came in for dinner. Captain America had left earlier in the day to go get the tires on his car checked out, and he got home right as I was thinking about dinner. He said that the truck was done, and that we needed to go and get it.

So I left Jake in charge, and told the kids that I wanted ALL of the chores done when we got back home. I dropped him off at the muffler place, and drove on to get a Little Caesars pizza. Back home, dished up the pizza with a salad, made my own food, got the kids going with homework, and sat down to design for a while.

Once Captain America got home from his errands and getting his truck, we all looked online at the Chinese Zodiac for a while. Not sure why, but it was fun to read everyone's. I'm the rabbit. I shouldn't be with a rat, which is what Captain America is - hehehe. Don't tell...

We put the little kids to bed at 7:30pm, and at 8pm, Jake worked on his merit badge work for Scouts. He gathered all the big kids and us together, and taught us what to do in emergency situations. He's gonna have to go and teach the little ones tomorrow :) He did a great job.

I continued with designing, and now have all 5 WordArt packs for the week done, plus 2 for next week, plus a bunch of ideas too.

Tomorrow, Laurie and I are going to a "Tour of El Paso" thingy. It starts at 9am and ends at 2pm, but we've got to get kids in "preschool" first. Well, that's what I'm telling Jimmy that it is. Really, it's daycare that the army pays for because we're taking the class. I'm not complaining :)

Then, I get the kids from the bus at 3:30, then Jake has a babysitters class from 5-8 every tuesday in March. By the time he's done, he'll be CPR and First Aid trained. I'm pretty excited for him. BUT, it's my designing/loading my store day, so it's gonna be crazy. At least I have my WordArt Packs designed, right?

OK, so since I was designing tonight, because my tomorrow is gonna be super busy, I decided to give you a little preview of one of my WordArt packs that's coming out on Friday. It's a masks WordArt pack. Pretty fun, eh?

Click on the links below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thansk!



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Bethany, thank you for all your wonderful word arts. I just discovered your site yesterday from digi-free. I make cards mostly for OWH and these are going to be wonderful. It's going to take a while to get through all of them, but I'll get there.

I've also enjoyed reading about your very busy and wonderful life.

Thanks again,

Shirley

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the freebie!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the WA. I love your work! They're always so cute, and just perfect for my pages!

Simone said...

Hi Bethany,
Love the "Palls" wa, ITS FAB, THANKS